Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    xxoo7xx            07-08-2004, 5:16 PM Reply   
EDIT:
I just found a Liquid Force DLX 34 board (which looks good from the ratings on here), O'brien Link bindings, and a free rope for $280 after shipping. I think I might go with this since this board got good ratings, and so did the bindings. Good deal?

Also I weigh about 150 lbs, what length board should I get? 134 sounds about right from the ranges I see on each individual board, is that right? I also want to get that range and up so that my friends that weigh more can use it too.
-------------------------
I have been looking and researching for a board and bindings on ebay (and ratings from wakeworld) for awhile. I am a beginner, but I don't mind spending some money to get something that will last from beginner on to advanced.

I have wakeboarded before, but not much, and on an old board. I was trying to find it on here, but didn't recognize it anywhere. It is an O'Brien, probably '96 or '97, and its black with red and yellow and a picture of a spark plug on it. I find it really sensitive to turning (squirrely). If I turn it ever so slightly it swerves (Is this my fault or are the newer boards not like this?).
The board styles are way different these days, so I decided I wanted to get a new good board and bindings.
Some bindings I found that looked good were the Liquid Force Exos, but I don't see any larges on ebay listed right now. Also the O'brien Links looked good, and o'brien system. if i can find large exos for decent i think ill go with them.

For boards, i figured either hyperlite, liquid force, or o'brien. the hyperlite motive got good ratings from what i saw, and some others, but a lot of the other ones that got good ratings seemed quite expensive.

I was hoping to get a good board and bindings for $250-$300, but i would spend more for quality, since they should last me for a long time.

I know this is a lot to ask, and I'm sure newbies ask you guys this all the time, but if you could help me out at all that would be great. Thanks a lot!

-Ian

(Message edited by xxoo7xx on July 08, 2004)
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-09-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
Check out the CWB Absolute 134.
Old    xxoo7xx            07-09-2004, 7:54 PM Reply   
yeah i saw the good reviews on that, it looks really good, but a little more than i want to spend. thanks for the suggestion though. im lookin for somethin sub-$200 if possible, maybe a little more if its really good. thanks!