Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (4Nash)      Join Date: May 2011       07-08-2011, 2:05 PM Reply   
Ok, so this past weekend we tried Wakesurfing for the first time. I bought a CWB Ride board because I have read that they are pretty good beginner boards. Once I tried Wakesurfing I am now hooked! After a REALLY hard fall and concussion from wakeboarding on Friday I can see my self surfing much more often. A new boat more designed for surfing is out of the question since we just got this one in April. So don't knock the ride It will do just fine once we can get it dialed in. Here is my situation:

Boat '05 Mobius LS (DD) 400# ballast under rear seat 360 # ballast in the ski locker 750 Fat Sac along engine box on surf side.

When we tried this on Saturday we had the above mentioned ballast in the boat with an additional 400 # bag on top of the rear seat and probably 600 # in people weight sitting as far to the corner of the sundeck as possible. The Rub rail was probably about 2 inches from the water line if not closer. We had a REALLY big wake but it seamed that the pocket was too short and the wake hardly had any push. We could hardly get any slack and when we did it did not last long enough to even try and go ropeless. I'm not sure exactly what we are doing wrong. We tried varying speeds between 9.5 and 11.5 and various settings with the wake plate. We even tried moving some weight to the bow to try and extend the pocket...

I have seen several videos of people riding ropeless with a much smaller wake than we had the other day so it has to be something we are doing wrong....

Sorry for the long post...