Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (eric_z)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-04-2008, 6:47 AM Reply   
Best wake, does anyone have pics? I may be going another direction, so I need some input on other boats. I am looking for best bang for the buck under 40k.
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-04-2008, 7:32 AM Reply   
My Mobius LSV (2007) had a great wake with all three bags full. It was even better when we put the 750's in the rear and the two stock bags from the rear up in the front. It really needs closer to a 50/50 weight setup, but it had great kick, and still handled pretty well with that much weight in it. I have a video of the wake and if I recall, it had stock ballast plus about 400 in the walkway with the wakeplate all the way down. Let me see if I can get it on youtube.
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-04-2008, 8:04 AM Reply   
Here you go...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4HwwOmcYuMw
Old     (epic_peachland)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-04-2008, 8:48 AM Reply   
I must say I am very impressed with my Elite V...have it setup great for surfing ... havnt focused on getting the wake perfect for riding but I havnt put to much time into it and I am sure you would not be dissapointed...

I will say however that if given the choice I would trade someone for the supra.
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-04-2008, 9:00 AM Reply   
I'm guessing that under 40 you are looking at the old hull ssv. I have an 03 now with about 2200 in it. Really nice wake, steep and firm.

The elite V is really sensitive to weight and hard get the wake dialed. If you get one try to get the hydraulic trim tab instead of the manual one. It will make it easier to get the wake dialed.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-04-2008, 9:22 AM Reply   
definitely the 22ssv out of the 3... demo all of htem and you will see... I agree totally w/ the above statement.. the eliteV is very difficult to get a goo solid wake out of... if you are looking for a boat under 40K and considering new -- look at the new Centurion Falcon.. It's simply huge for a 21' boat and comes standard w/ ballast and plenty or room to add more...
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-04-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
...you've got to considera supra 21v 2006 model for that money
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-04-2008, 10:54 AM Reply   
I have 06 Mobius LSV and love it.. Michael Z makes a good point. I have seen several 06 21v's around $40 lately. I can't speak for the wake, but the new Centurion Falcon V is a great boat for the $$... I looked at one in San Jose last week that was $40k loaded ( I don't think trailer was included)...
Old    falcon_v            03-04-2008, 11:02 AM Reply   
GO WITH FALON V NICE SURF WAKE AND WAKEBOARD WAKE NEW 39999.00 {WITH A WARRANTY} JUST PICK ONE UP.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-04-2008, 3:57 PM Reply   
Chris do you have pictures of the falcon surf wake?
Old    falcon_v            03-04-2008, 3:59 PM Reply   
NOT NOW I WILL HALF TO GET IT OUT OF STORAGE AND TAKE SOME PICKS. DIDNT HAVE MY CAMERA WHEN WE TOOK IT OUT SORRY.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-04-2008, 4:03 PM Reply   
Stop yelling at me. J/K
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-04-2008, 6:09 PM Reply   
Chris - Did you buy that boat at the show? If so, I towed that boat back from the factory to Knoxville....Small world. The Falcon is really just a crazy bargain for a boat. Enjoy yours!
Old    falcon_v            03-04-2008, 6:53 PM Reply   
I purchased it at the okc boat show boat, and rv world is the dealership here in oklahoma they actually got it from a different dealership. The one in my profile pic is not mine I borowed this pic. mine has yellow piping not black on the seats I also had them put in perfect pass and bimini. I will get my pictures up here soon.
Old    falcon_v            03-04-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
These are the actual pictures.
Upload
Upload
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-04-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
Yeah, that's it. I was taking it to the Nashville dealer and then it got re routed to OKC. Congrats man.
Old    falcon_v            03-04-2008, 8:09 PM Reply   
Well thank you for my new pride and joy. Actually the sales guy who soled me the boat just got a job offer at xtreme marine his name is doug I think, anyway its by nashville I think. My family lives in southern kentucky so if I am up that way I will stop by the shop.
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-04-2008, 9:36 PM Reply   
Wow, that is a tower only Tige` would be proud of....
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-04-2008, 9:46 PM Reply   
What year LSV are you considering? That will make it the deciding factort. They Changed the hull recently and the boat is Ginormous with a great pro caliber wake.

The 22SSV has a great wake as well. I think you will find the newer LSV with the drop keel will perform much better than the old 22SSV hull and that the overall feel inside thebat is much better on the LSV as well. Seats are a lilttle higher from the gound and contoured a little better. , but you really can't go wrong with a 22SSV either, just if I had to choose between a newer LSV and the older 22SSV hull I would go LSV all the way.

The Centurion is a rock solid boat for sure but that model was/is the most sensitive to weight placement, but once dialed is a great steep peaky wake, but for me I would rather have the ease and adaptability of the Supra or Moomba wake
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-05-2008, 4:13 AM Reply   
I doubt the Falcon will be weight placement sensitive. The hull is fairly flat.
Old     (sks625)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-05-2008, 5:21 AM Reply   
Love the boat but don't like the tower at all. I prefer a stainless or aluminum tower. Is this the only tower option offered with the Falcon V?
Chris, what was the out the door price on your purchase and is it loaded?
Old     (eric_z)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-05-2008, 8:18 AM Reply   
I am looking at an 01 Supra, an 05 and an 06 Moomba right now. It seems that the market is flooded w/ LSV's, so I think I can get a bargain. I am also willing to drive to California if I need to. Thank you for all your input. Does anyone have a wake pic of a 22ssv? Also when did they change the hull on the Moomba?
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-05-2008, 8:40 AM Reply   
2006 was when they changed to the current hull in the Moomba. A 2005 LSV is a lot different and is now actually the Outback V. The 06 and up LSV has much more free board, and a deeper V. Completely different boats. I think the 01 Supra would be more comparable to the 05 LSV. Also, is the 06 fuel injected? That became standard in 07, what about the Supra? That would be big for me as I don't like to screw with non-FI engine problems when the weather changes.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-05-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
Eric I sent you a pm. The boat for sale that I'm talking about looks like mine. Here is a pic of mine.
Upload
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-05-2008, 10:23 AM Reply   
ERic Z

Like Nick stated the 06 Moomba has a totally redesigned cockpit and hull. That boat would be the top on the list if you ask me of the 3 you mentioned.

Comparing an 05 LSV to a an 01 22SSV is a much much tougher call as the year span is not something that can be neglected. Though in my eyes I would still go 22SSV as the wake compared to the older style LSV, now currently called the Outback LSV, just has a shape I like more. Also the SSV will have more freeboard and more storage. I also like the huge ski locker under the playpen in the SSV can hide a huge sac in there. Also think the standard motor in the LSV was a carb and the Supra probably has an EFI

I know you say you are looking to stay under 40k, but think about this. The interest rate on a used boat is higher and my require a much higher down payment....whereas a new boat will definitely have a lower rate. So you could in turn get a little more boat for the same payment if you were financing. I would try and look for a dealer demo......Get the paperwork/rates of a new boat at a discounted price. Just something to ponder

(Message edited by xstarrider on March 05, 2008)
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-05-2008, 10:59 AM Reply   
Just an FYI, I just traded my 07 LSV last week, and they only want...

Screw me, it is no longer listed on their website. That was fast! I think they only wanted 37.5 for it.
Old     (02ssv)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-05-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
Here is my 02 SSV Launch with 2 600's in the back lockers, 1 800 in the middle and 300 in the nose.Upload
Old     (eric_z)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-06-2008, 2:56 PM Reply   
Nick, Where did you get the 750lb bags for the back and how much do they run. Also is it hard to switch. Any pics of your wake?
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-06-2008, 3:05 PM Reply   
I bought the bags locally at Waterski America, they were like $149 each. All I did was remove the stock quick connect fittings from the stock 400lb bags, and put them on the 750's. It is pretty easy to swap them out, the hard part is getting the stock fittings off the stock bags. I don't know if they use loctite, or rubber cement or what, but they are on there tight! I am having a hell of a time getting the fittings off my 24SSV right now.

As for pics, I don't know that I have any pics of it full, but I think I have some video somewhere. I have no idea what hard drive it is on though, too many computers. When I find it, I will post it on youtube.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-06-2008, 3:08 PM Reply   
eric if your looking for the fly high bags give ian at onlyinboards a call....he gave me a killer deal on the entire gravity bags setup.
Old    falcon_v            03-06-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
Older boat or New boat centurion falcon v. Really go by all the dealership who has all these boats and see who treats you the best, Then go with them It is always better when you by new from a dealer in my opion becuase they are most likley going to take care of you before any one else if you buy from them.Just find out who is going to treat you the best and go from there. Spend extra for all you want adding 2000 to 5000 is not realy going to change your payment very much.
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-06-2008, 5:35 PM Reply   
There is a trick to removing the fittings.. I called after trying every pair of pliers I own!
You can call them and they'll walk you through it.. but basically you heat the threads up on the sac with a hair dryer NOT A HEAT GUN...
after 6-10 minutes, you stand on the sac with left foot on edge of threads on sac and use right foot to tilt over the fitting.. you think you are going to rip the threads out.. they get soft enough from the heat that it bends out.. kinda scary... but it works..