Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-05-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
Hey all,

I want to make clear whats going down for the spanky beaver jam.

I got busy and did not attack the sponsors/vendors for prize cash (in addition to large sponsers talking big and backing out).

I am covering my costs (permits are pretty much it unless we need some lumber on day of setup), and all cash after that goes to PRIZE MONEY. the more riders that show up, the more prize money. same with tee shirt sales, and raffle sales.

This is a free ride rail jam. no PA, no hoopla, just freeriding for the homies that throw in some cash. People also like to win cash so...

A contest will be on Sunday in a format the riders decide. In addition to the cash we have for prizes I will be strick after the event to get winners picture for podium payback (for all you hyperlite guys).

I want to let every one know what is behind this whole "spanky beaver" thing. I used to live in this same area, and when I was a kid I swam in this pool. I am so STOKED to be wakeboarding in the pool I grew up swimming in. Putting this event on has been my ability to do it over and over. I cover my costs and we all have fun! I am happy to SLOW down with vendors/sponsors because it detracted me from what the event is all about...wakeboarding in the pool I used to swim in. I am working with the city to try and waive all the permit costs so next year i dont have get sponsors/venders or charge the riders nearly as much for the same amount of fun. Anyway, come slide the rails and have fun with us!

}Al