Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (gotwakex45)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-04-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
Does anyone know of any good wake surf camps that are just for wakesurfing, need some help on nailing some tricks.
thanks
Old     (dadof4)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-04-2009, 3:03 PM Reply   
One of the ones that I would check out is Midwest Wake Surf Camp in Ohio. Ask for Corey 614-563-4649
Old     (gotwakex45)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-04-2009, 8:25 PM Reply   
Thanks, any others, doesn't matter location... Thanks
Old     (dadof4)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-07-2009, 12:21 PM Reply   
There is a big camp in the works for Fla. in the Month of Oct. I will get back to you as soon as I hear more.
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-08-2009, 7:04 AM Reply   
Check with www.orlando wakeboardacademy.com They are setting a week or 2 of wakesurf only. This might be the one johny is speaking of. i will be there coaching the second week of it.
Old     (duckdiver)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-08-2009, 8:36 AM Reply   
I'LL ALSO BE THERE. MAYBE BOTH WEEKS. I THINK CHASE IS GOING ALSO. MY BUDDY CLEMENZ FROM LICHENSTEIN HELPED PUT THIS TOGETHER.
Old     (desotodave)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-13-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
My wife son, brother in law and nephew just did a surf camp in Utah with Drew Danielo yesterday. If he is teaching for a week in Orlando in October GO!! He is a great teacher, and will make the experience work for you. I have also spent a couple sessions with Derek and Sean, they are great guys as well. Tyler don't know where you are located at, but that is my 2 cents worth!
Old     (svsouthernstar)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-31-2009, 5:28 PM Reply   
Yeah ! I heard that Orlando Wakeboard Academy is holding a one week long Wakesurf Camp.There Website is www.orlandowake.com
I have already scheduled for the week of the 18th . This camp is by far the best I have been to .I also heard that Drew Danielo is going to be there that week . Is anyone else planning on Going to this camp?
Old    surfdad            08-31-2009, 5:50 PM Reply   
Welcome to WW John. I wonder how many first time posters and first day on the site members mention Drew's name or reference some income source for Drew?
Old     (svsouthernstar)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-31-2009, 8:03 PM Reply   
Thanks Jeff! But whats up with the negative thing about Drew. I've never met him, I ride at Orlandowake and Derek finally posted on their website yesterday for the wakesurf camp. He told me to check out this site to meet other wakesurfers, so i was looking around.

Drew will be there, but other wakesurf companies will have boards there too, so its not a thing where Drew is making money. What do you have against Drew
Old    surfdad            08-31-2009, 8:20 PM Reply   
John tell me about the pigs there in Florida, do they have really big ears or are their curly-cue tails shaped like little propellors, because it sure seems that pigs fly there in FL. :-)
Old     (svsouthernstar)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-01-2009, 5:00 AM Reply   
Na, Pig don't fly down here in Florida ,They just run across the road and we run them over with our big 4 wheel drive diesel trucks . As for the Flying Pigs, when you see one send me a Picture please . I kind of resent that last remark, One, I am A True Florida Native,Born and Raised on a small Cattle Farm in the Ft. Myers area,and Two , my expertise , a Professional Sailor. actually, My title is Level 1 Sailing Instructor, Keel Boat Instructor for US Sailing . I hold a Coast Guard Master's License . I also help run Pre-Qualifying Sailing Regatta's for the America's Cup( Key West Race Week ,and Charleston Race Week, and the JR Olympic Regatta in Ft. Myers . And I am also Master Marine Surveyor. In my Field , we don't have big Ego's , they tend get in the way .I am sorry that you feel that way about the Pro wakesurfers, Wakeboarders, and Wakskaters. I would hope that you would have tried to experience this fine sport before making an attempt to slam the pro's in it. It is very unprofessional .
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-01-2009, 5:22 PM Reply   
John, I can assure he's not knocking on pro's in general. His son, James, is one of the best in world when it comes to wakesurfing. Not to mention he is also one of the largest supporters of the sport that you will find.

As far as whatever may be going on between Jeff and Drew, he if wishes to explain, he will. Drew may even chime in here. I have seen some of the posts between Jeff and Drew, both here and other sites. I'll make no comments about that as I know absolutely nothing about it.

If anything, I'm thinking he is being cautious of someone just purely posting to promote an event, as in spamming. Its clearly not in this case, but it happens alot on here.

Welcome to the board, its a great place with lots of great guys and gals and a great place to ask questions and get input and ideas.
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-24-2009, 10:57 AM Reply   
Jeff, what is your deal man. This has nothing to do with me other than I will be there the 2nd week to help the guys at Orlandowake give surf lessons. I also dont see what your deal with florida people and egos are. I would like to think that I dont have a big ego at all. I actually am the first person to help and give up my riding time for some one else to have more. Nor do I think as myself as the best or act that way. I dont know what a 50+ year old man feels the need to constantly chime in when my name is mentioned and say something negative about me. You have said nothing in this post that has anything to do with the topic. I have never downed you untill you started with me. I have always had respect for what you do for wakesurfing and Have always respected that your son is a really cool guy and has some amazing talent on a bigger wakesurf board. I am wondering where he gets is attitude from because it is far better than yours. I have rambled enough. Sorry for jacking this thread but I am sick of Jeff Walker constantly saying negative stuff about me. Please feel free to explain jeff.

John if everything with the camp works out I look forward to riding with you.

Thank You
Drew Danielo
Old    surfdad            09-24-2009, 11:15 AM Reply   
Riduculous and empty character references aside, how is it that the camp also had Corey Snyder from Endless Break and Chase Hazen from Shred Stixx and those guys don't get mentioned? You used to relentlessly spam these forums with total disregard to not only the rules but the users of this forum. Those actions are part of what caused the preface at the beginning of this forum and you'll remember attacking Lakewakes for spamming.

How is it that limited edition signature P5 boards got mentioned by a rider 5 days before the press release hits or the board is available?

I would suggest we all need to keep spam to a minimum in this forum.
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-24-2009, 11:23 AM Reply   
Let me tell you. I had nothing to do with the advertising of this camp. The guys at orlandowake did it. So take that up with them. They called asked if I would like to be apart of it and I said yes. It is THERE CAMP and THERE Advertising not mine. I didnt make the advertisement and say hey I will put me on it and screw everyone else. I actually really like Chase because he is a straight up guys and shreds a surfboard better than anyone behind a boat.
As for the Phase 5 press release. That was done by the guys at M&m Watersports or BOARDCO.com They had the boards first as a trial run and we didnt do a press release b4 they got them. THEY DID THE PRESS RELEASE BECAUSE THEY HAD THE BOARDS. AGAIN I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT. Other than my name is on the board!!!!! As for spamming I did do that and I respectfully earned the name SPAMMASTER D, from my texas friends At Wakeoutlaws. However I was sick of seeing your post with walker this walker that. Again I haven't seen the explanation of your personal grudge against me. so again I will ask please explain???? The spam stuff was between me and dave which we took care of and the other 2 issues you mentioned had ABSOLUTLY nothing to do with me. I look forward to your answer.

(Message edited by ollies_drew on September 24, 2009)
Old    surfdad            09-24-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
However I was sick of seeing your post with walker this walker that.

Find one that isn't neutral, negative or cautionary. Our patronizing of...what 6 different shapers this year, would make that statement apparent for what it is. I intentionally avoid that endorsement. Truly, if you feel that I have violated the terms of the rules of this board - I ask you to report me to David.

Without facts this is just ridiculous.
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-24-2009, 11:41 AM Reply   
ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHAT YOUR PERSONAL GRUDGE WITH ME IS?? I DONT CARE ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE>

Why when my name is mentioned your the next person to post and it is negative towards me. Please answer that question. All I want to kn}}ow and I am done with this.

As for your post being neutral whatever I dont care what you talk about anymore. Just why you have a deal with me personally. As for telling Dave well this isn't 2nd grade anymore
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-24-2009, 12:09 PM Reply   
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-24-2009, 12:31 PM Reply   
I apologize for jacking this thread. It is not worth me getting upset over and apologize to everyone who had to read it. Just gets really frustrating. Surfdad can do and feel as he wants. I have so much positive stuff in my life it isn't worth getting pissed. So again sorry to everyone who read all this. i didnt get my answer but dont need. I am off to the cable park to shred. PEACE
Old    surfdad            09-24-2009, 12:31 PM Reply   
I would suggest you're overly sensitive. The last drama was about a misrepresentation on a board referred to as 2 pounds when it's closer to 6. I've corrected Shred Stixx team riders that misrepresented Epoxy as being a replacement for fiberglass. Countless other instances that don't involve P5. I prefer that folks know what's accurate, so they can make informed decisions.

Jump in and correct mistatements FIRST and I won't have to.

This isn't going anywhere, and I'm going to continue to correct misinformation that would affect a forum user's buying decision. Shred Stixx, P5, Made in USA vs Cobra vs China or whatever, as well as pointing out spam.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-24-2009, 12:55 PM Reply   
"Welcome to WW John. I wonder how many first time posters and first day on the site members mention Drew's name or reference some income source for Drew?"

How is that correcting misinformation? That is a personal attack, no ands, ifs, or buts.

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Drew, you are a big man. I wonder how long until Jeff corrects your misinformation again...
Old    surfdad            09-24-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   
as well as pointing out spam.

If I wanted to personally attack, I'd buy a P5 and cut it open then disect the construction online.

Hey...anyone have a beater P5 they'd be willing to sell? j/k!!!!!
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-24-2009, 1:21 PM Reply   
Anyone want to donate a Centurion to me so I can dissect the construction online?

Can I do it? YES. Would I do it? No. Do I have something personal against Rick Lee? No.

What good would it do? Make people feel bad about their purchases? From what I can tell, you love your Centurion and it serves your needs.

I love my new P5 DD. It does what I want it to do, it seems extremely durable, and it is flat out gorgeous (can't say that about 90% of the custom boards I have seen on this forum....)

This is what leaves us to believe you must have some personal problem with DD or P5.

(Message edited by alans on September 24, 2009)
Old    surfdad            09-24-2009, 1:27 PM Reply   
I own a Tige - ooops do I have a grudge against you now too? I'm a CPA by profession, details are my life - yours and Drew assumptions are more reflective of your own issues, rather than maybe just possibly I prefer accuracy.

Yep, I've said it many times: P5's are a solid board. I've also said I'm a garage hack.
Old     (bigobuck)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-24-2009, 1:30 PM Reply   
Hopefully this thread can turn out like this one did?

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/734994.html?1253593349
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-24-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
"If I wanted to personally attack, I'd buy a P5 and cut it open then disect the construction online."

or

"Yep, I've said it many times: P5's are a solid board. I've also said I'm a garage hack."

Get out of your garage or at least turn on a fan, fumes must be heavy in there.

Back to the regular forum, lesson learned, stay away from the trolls in the wakesurfing forum.
Old    surfdad            09-24-2009, 1:46 PM Reply   
Your presumption was that in dissecting the board it would glaringly display defects...rather than what is in keeping with all my build threads - how to build it. 60,000 folks could then reproduce a P5. You and Drew can always find what you want to hear, rather than what is meant or truth.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-24-2009, 3:56 PM Reply   
So you would cut open someone else's board so it can be copied by others others? classy!
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-24-2009, 4:03 PM Reply   
There's nothing wrong with sharing your board building techniques with others but to copy someone else's shape or expose something they feel is a trade secret is as low as you can get in this industry.
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-24-2009, 4:05 PM Reply   
omg this is not about "Wakesurf camps"
Old    surfdad            09-24-2009, 4:07 PM Reply   
It's amazing how selective the interpretation is from the P5 camp. AND the incredible projections! I haven't done anything Caskimmer. IF I HAD a grudge, that would surely be one way to escalate it. I don't, so it won't happen. So is it just that you folks don't want me to look at the P5 construction? What are you folks worried about? Interesting that the presumption was that there would be some glaring problem. What was that about? (I have to turn your tactics against you Caskimmer, otherwise you'll tie it up in countless efforts of self-defense).

Why don't you folks ask nicely? We'd appreciate if you make no comments on P5's or associates. I can do that, but the continual name calling and efforts to create something that DO NOT exist, won't achieve that.

I wonder what's inside those boards that gets folks SO EXCITED? :-)
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-24-2009, 4:08 PM Reply   
No, it obviously went off on a tangent. Hope the camps went well.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-24-2009, 4:40 PM Reply   
I am sure Sean and Derek run an incredible camp. When they came up to VA on weekend. I had the pleasure of taking them out in my boat for the day. Both really fun guys and were excellent instructors.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-24-2009, 4:56 PM Reply   
I'm no P5 associate. I've never had any relations with them nor ever met Drew. I did shoot a good portion of the new Zap skimboard video 2 years ago but not a thing since and nothing with P5. I've also worked for most of Zap's competitors, it's what I do I point my camera at people. I think the owners of the parent company are the coolest people you'll ever meet but I have no ties to them and especially P5. Otherwise you would have seen a significantly different model from them a long time ago.

edit: I have no grudge against you other than you champion the cause of the people who help who out but call out anyone else who does the same. I also have a problem with revealing or threatening to reveal anyone else's board techniques that are not you own. That goes forr Phase 5, Inland Surfer, Shredd Stixx, Props, or anyone else out there doing their own thing. It's just not cool any way you slice it.

(Message edited by CAskimmer on September 24, 2009)

(Message edited by CAskimmer on September 24, 2009)
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-24-2009, 5:47 PM Reply   
and I'd stand up for you in the same exact fashion if someone was doing that to James or the boards you designed.
Old    surfdad            09-24-2009, 6:10 PM Reply   
I'm NOT going to reveal anyone's construction - anyone with a circular saw can do that. The point being that if I was SO upset with P5 I would have done that years ago. The FACT is I'm not. I find the exceptional efforts at censorship associated with P5 appalling, but calling me names, attempting to smear me and making up lies and I'm doubtful to stop expressing any opinions.

I appreciate your willingness to stand up for all. My boards are all on WW already, but I appreciate the sentiment, just the same. :-)
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-25-2009, 8:12 AM Reply   
Geeeez Jeff, reach behind yourself and pull your panties out of your crack them seem to be all bunched up.
Old     (wakevb)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-25-2009, 1:17 PM Reply   
Unreal. Hilarious. I just don't get it Jeff.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-25-2009, 3:23 PM Reply   
WTH? I thought this was about a wakesurf camp?
Old     (duckdiver)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-29-2009, 4:19 PM Reply   
WHAT'S THE WEATHER LIKE IN FLORIDA? OHIO IS ALREADY IN THE 60'S. THE CAMP IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN. I HEARD BECCI ORT IS GOING ALSO.
Old     (becci)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-30-2009, 11:47 AM Reply   
yeah I'm going to work on a bunch of new tricks. You're from Texas and your water is already in the 60's ? Our lake is still 70F probably our best late season ever... no other boats no wind just glassy lake my favorite time of the year we want to try and ride into december (in drysuits though)
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-30-2009, 5:01 PM Reply   
Duck is from Ohio. We had a monsoon for about 10 days then the highs went from 80 to upper 50's. If the sun ever comes out in Ohio I'm expecting the water to be in the low 60's from last weeks 71 degrees (early in the monsoon and nice deep water).
Enjoy the South. We are all envious. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for cheap flight during Spring break for the family and to hit a surf camp.
Old     (duckdiver)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-18-2009, 7:52 AM Reply   
just got back from orlando wake academy. so much fun. wakesurfing, ocean surfing, and wakeskating. chase killed of course with huge airs, reverses, and three's, both reg and dark side. clemenz, becca, and holger slayshed it up as well. chase and i hit up their pool gap and rail on the skate with 180's and shuvs. endless break donated a quiver of boards to the camp and shredd stixx gave a comp 1. derek, sean, and bobby (the intern)were the best. all those guys shred it up on any board including wakesurfing. thanks guys. also thanks clemenz for hooking it up. that guy is hilarius.
Old     (becci)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-18-2009, 1:59 PM Reply   
yeah, just got back ourselves. feeling totally jetlagged right now. the camp was good fun, wakesurfing with chase , corey , clemenz , holger. looking forward to wakesurfing in cold water next weekend (brrrrr)