Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (ridindrty)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-18-2008, 4:32 AM Reply   
headin to smith lake outside of birmingham, alabama in a few weeks, anyone have any suggestions on ridin spots, ramps, places to stay or just some tips?? thanks
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       08-18-2008, 6:58 AM Reply   
Hi Richard, We live on Smith Lake on the Walker county side.For a place to stay with your boat try www.smithlakevacationrentals.com or www.vrbo.com. The hotels in Jasper are the Jameson Inn,Holiday Inn Express,Days Inn,Hampton Inn.Duncan Bridge has a small restaurant and a nice launch.The Lewis Smith Dam has a nice launch that is free.I'm not sure if the Lakeshore Inn is open, it was for sale.As far as riding during the week there is no one out on the water since school has started back, during the weekend it is not bad either.You can probably get a map of the lake at any of the marinas.The three counties are dry, just the city of Jasper serves alcohol or has any nightlife(if that is what you are looking for)Have Fun!
Old     (rob_corum)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-18-2008, 7:02 AM Reply   
It doesn't matter where you ride on that lake. butter for days. Very deep lake with well marked obsicles, not much to worry about. You staying in a hotel?... or trying to rent a place?
Old     (ridindrty)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-19-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the info guys I'm pretty pumped! Well were not sure yet. What are the shore's like? Can you camp anywhere?

I'm addicted to butta ha that's awesome. Iv heard really good things about the lake.
Old     (ridindrty)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-19-2008, 1:42 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the info guys I'm pretty pumped! Well were not sure yet. What are the shore's like? Can you camp anywhere?

I'm addicted to butta ha that's awesome. Iv heard really good things about the lake.
Old     (wakex2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-19-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
there's plenty of camping spots on the North end of the lake Huston Recreation Area or Corinth Recreation Area are both National Park camping areas... I believe one of the others is Clear Creek... others that patrolled that are much more frequently than I can tell you better... as for random places to camp... sure there are plenty... a few islands that would be cool to camp on... mooring is your best option i'd say vs beaching your ride... as far as the best places to ride... get a map and get up into Brushy Creek or North of the Huston boat ramp...

Lakeshore has been for sale for a while was down at Smith a couple weeks ago and ate lunch at Lakeshore and they do have lake front hotel amenities... really good riding around there too (it's North of Huston Rec Area boat ramp)
Old     (trewblu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-19-2008, 2:45 PM Reply   
I would try going to clear creek early in the morning and the water will be like glass
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-20-2008, 7:42 AM Reply   
Rhett,
you abandoning the butta of Eagle?
I may be over at Dale's Saturday... you around?