Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-10-2007, 2:14 PM Reply   
I thought I read that there were problems with the in tank fuel pump on this year. Mine went out today and we had to be towed in. Has anyone else had theres go out? The boat just turned 200hrs.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-10-2007, 3:58 PM Reply   
Some guys on our lake have an o5 x2 and their pump has gone out 3 or 4 times.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-10-2007, 4:18 PM Reply   
Steve, the pump is cooled by the surrounding gas. Your chances of not having this problem again greatly increase if you don't run the tank below 1/2! Also, change the fuel filter every year or every other year. I have an 05 X2 with 220 hrs, ran out of gas once, but no problems so far. Knock on wood......

(Message edited by lionel on November 10, 2007)
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-10-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
Dave, do you think its the brand of pump there using or what? I asked the MC dealer if theres any kind of warranty afer they intall a new one and they said no, kinda sucks since its over $400 for the pump. The boat has never ran out of gas and there was actually half a tank today when it went out. Good thing for an extended warranty until 2011. I do have to pay up front then get a kick back check minus a $25 deductable.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-11-2007, 6:41 AM Reply   
I have no idea on that I know replacements came from the local MC dealer. Bryan is right on how they are cooled so his suggestion may be best. Also I know that the guys I know also barefoot and slalom with their boat so they run it hard. That could be a factor if the pump is too small. I also know that we had some chevy trucks at work that went through fuel pumps about every other year and they were in the tank as well. The engine in the X2 is a chevy 350 right. Maybe they are using the same pump that is in the trucks? I would say it is the pump brand. Just be glad you got the warranty and keep rocking MC is a stand up company and they will figure out the problem sooner or later
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-11-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
Does anybody know if they fixed the problem in the 06 X1? I would hate to brake down on the river.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       11-11-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
The intank thing is a MC exclusive deal, so its a dealer only part. They are made by Carter just for the mastercrafts. Replacing the filters every 100hrs or so is good idea. The filter is only $25 or so and is a easy change, pull the 12 allen screws on top of the tank, pull the pump out swap the filters reinstall ect. Im pretty sure that the new pumps are an undated version from the run that had problems so ask the dealer if they one your buying is they can check the part #'s as the new ones have a different # then the old.
all use less info gained from running a parts dpt for a year.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-11-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
on the 06 x-1s the problem was supposed to be fixed, but I did run out of gas one time with the gas hand showing over three quarters of a tank. Go figure.
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-11-2007, 10:49 AM Reply   
Here is a thread from MC that has a lot of info on this subject

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=18508&highlight=fuel+pump