Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-08-2007, 9:40 PM Reply   
WTF - Why can i not find a place to buy these online? I have two normal trailer guide poles that get abused like pinball bumpers. I need a few new covers for them cause the bar metal poles and a new girlfriend for the summer make me a bit nervous.

Any links or suggestions? Padded Yellow or black ones preferred :-)
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-08-2007, 9:55 PM Reply   
www.screaminsacs.com

Dan and Sabrina are great people
Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-08-2007, 10:34 PM Reply   
A guy on ebay sells them just do a search and you will find a few different ones.
Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-08-2007, 10:43 PM Reply   
Here are some from this auction on ebay # 120106959902Upload
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-09-2007, 1:46 AM Reply   
Just ordered from screaminsacs. Thanks.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-15-2007, 6:22 PM Reply   
I know i'm too late on this but those guide covers are not worth it. if your boat hits them they transfer the white paint to your rubrail and it is a pain to get off. use a pvc pipe with a cap fit over your steel guide bar, it will rotate on it, float up, and won't mark up your rub rail. you should have them on there now. those pads are just a gimmick.
Old     (spjc)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-15-2007, 6:56 PM Reply   
Your local Malibu dealer should carry them w/ Malibu printed on them
Old     (screaminsacs)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-15-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
FYI - We have a special additive in our graphics so they do NOT rub off. We have not heard a single complaint from any of our customers. Perhaps you purchased a set from another company in the past. We have used the same set of pads on our own boat for over three years and I don't see a single white rub mark at all. Using a standard PVC pipe or ABS could still scratch your boat.
Old     (sydwayz)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-15-2007, 7:44 PM Reply   
I have a set from Sreamin Sacs and the white paint does rub of on the black rub rail. And yes they are real tuff to remove. I tried to get all black from them and they where out. So they sent me the flame and they rubbed off. I would stay away from the painted ones.
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-15-2007, 9:22 PM Reply   
I got the ones without the paint -- I'll let you guys know what i found out...
Old     (screaminsacs)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-15-2007, 9:36 PM Reply   
syswayz - Feel free to return that set back and we will gladly send you out a new set in solid black. I'd like to have my graphics person take a look this. You can contact me through email or by phone.
Old     (jimandjodi2005)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-16-2007, 2:35 AM Reply   
www.overtons.com
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-16-2007, 6:27 AM Reply   
wickedwakes.com they use an expoxy based paint so it wont come off. heres a pic of mineUpload
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-16-2007, 4:18 PM Reply   
I am just finishing up a group buy through wicked wakes. email me quick if you want to get in on it!

gordon@midwestwakeboarder.com
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-17-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
screaminsacs,
My boat is left outdoors the whole year. During the summer here in Austin, TX, the sun just beats the crud out of my guide pole covers. Not only do they fade badly, but they tear and the foam material breaks off in chunks. I seem to only get 1-2 years out of the covers. I have been buying them from my dealer. However, how do you think yours would stand up????
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-30-2007, 2:36 PM Reply   
Never heard back from screaminsacs. I did hear from Wicked Wakes so I just ordered a set from them. Does anyone know what exactly you get with a set of guide pole covers? My current ones are some kind of plastic, covered with a foam-rubber like substance, then covered with some thin cheap vinyl that fades and wears out in about a year. Will the Wicked Wake sacs come with the plastic piece covered with foam-rubber like substance and the covers themselves or what????
Old     (screaminsacs)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-02-2007, 12:59 AM Reply   
Sorry WakeShoe, I don't get email alerts on messages posted, otherwise I would have responded sooner it's just been so hectic with the new products we just updated to our site. Check out our new Tower Pads

In the future, just shoot me an email or give us a call. http://screaminsacs.com/towerpads.php
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-02-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
What is the purpose of the tower pads?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-02-2007, 11:29 AM Reply   
They look cool.
Well, they look a little cooler than plastic pipes on the guide poles.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-02-2007, 12:04 PM Reply   
couldn't you just get a couple of noodles from the wal-mart instead?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-02-2007, 12:13 PM Reply   
yup, and your kids might think that was more cool.

It is important that whatever you have on the guide poles will rotate so the boat does not slide as much across it.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-02-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
I get a new set from the dealer every time I go. So just tell your dealer if they would like some free advertising you will take some trailer guides.
Old     (mkrueger313)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-02-2007, 1:49 PM Reply   
Screaminsacs-
My Moomba tower has to be folded down to be put in our lift, the only problem is the design is poor and the tower sits on the gelcoat so we use bumpers around the poles when it gets laid down. Will the new tower pads you have on your website have enough padding on it to be able to use just your pads and lay the tower down and not mark the gelcoat? Also, how do they attach around the pole? Velcro? I may want to leave them on permanently.