Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-05-2005, 4:03 PM Reply   
Hey what exactly are the differences between the Jabsco and the Simer pumps?

I here ignition protected versus not but, how exactly does that effect where they can be placed?

For the cost the Simer seems to be the way to go, I could buy three, one for each ballast bag, for close to the cost of one Jabsco.

It may seem like a dumb question but, I have searched and did not find the simple explanation.
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-05-2005, 5:53 PM Reply   
I just bought 3 simmers and I am happy. You are right the Simmer is not ignition protected and the jabsco is not. Basically the Simmer can not be placed anywhere where there are fumes like the engine compartment or near the gas tank. This is less of a problem on newer boats becasue they have less fumes than those carburrator engines. If you can place the pumps somewhere not near either of those two places go with the simmer. When the pumps go out or burn up then they are cheaper to replace.
Old     (superair)      Join Date: May 2000       05-05-2005, 7:23 PM Reply   
What are the simer part #'s?? where are you getting them, are they reversable??

Thanks
Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       05-06-2005, 8:24 AM Reply   
Simer number is BW8512 and they are reversable. If you do a search on this board for simer pumps you'll find info on where to buy them.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-07-2005, 6:35 AM Reply   
You can purchase them at blains farm & fleet, I have also hooked up a couple of people with these pumps for $75 shipped, they cost 55plus tax at the store, but it seems to be a midwest store. anyhow I have recently shipped to both SLC and Texas.. let me know if you need a hook up!

BTW... I am legit, just ask preston!
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-07-2005, 12:53 PM Reply   
Gordon is cool. Great guy to do business with. I am happy ith the pumps. I think the only down side to the impellar type pump no matter what size they are still going to be slower than the aerator pumps. But the ease uf setting an impellar pmp system is easier by a long shot from the aerator sytle with all the check valves and stuff.

Bottom Line Buy the pump from Gordon you wont ind a better deal.

Old     (superair)      Join Date: May 2000       05-09-2005, 6:29 AM Reply   
Gordon

I'm interested in 3 pumps. do you take paypal? When could youpick some up?? just email me at landrum@hotmail.com">plandrum@hotmail.com

Thanks
Shawn