Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    waker80            05-28-2004, 1:32 PM Reply   
I am looking at buying a supra sunsport. Everyone says it has the same hull as the new launch. How are the wakes between the two similar and different. Also, Is the 95 supra a good boat for me to wakeboard behind? Anythi9gn you can tell me good or bad about this certain boat would be appreciated.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-28-2004, 2:52 PM Reply   
A 1995 Sunsport is the same hull as the Base Launch, it is different from the SS & SSV. It has a good wake and plenty of room to load. I've ridden behind them & thought the wake was similar to a Mastercraft, pretty thick. The SS & SSV are a higher end boat and more $, the hull on those is like 8" narrower than the Sunsport which makes it easier to sink & get a bigger wake.
Old    waker80            05-30-2004, 9:13 AM Reply   
thanks for the info, would you say the wake was mallow or more on the steep side. Anything else you can tell me abou tthe boat would be great. Thanks
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-30-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
The 95 Sunsport hull will be similar to the current Launch hull but not exactly the same. Supra has tweaked the current Launch hull the past couple of years. I would describe the wake as a nice transition with a good peak at the top to send you flying. Not necessarily mellow or steep. And just to clear things up, the SS and SSV aren't higher end boats, just a different design.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-30-2004, 11:04 PM Reply   
I should hope for 40k youd be buying a "higher end" boat compared to say a 25-30k IB?? Just because it is not the most expensive boat on the market does not mean it isnt a higher end boat. If the ssv isnt high end my 26k I/O + approx 3k accessories must be a piece of junk then huh??
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-31-2004, 9:57 AM Reply   
Bob you missed the point he meant quality and over all performance of the boat makes the regualr launch every bit as much boat as the SSV..

the SSV is more expensive do to the Vdrive and standard options coupled with a new hull which must recoup R+d..

an 04 DD Launch has as good of wake and obviously same quality as an 04 SSV..

same as buying a CC Ski Nautique Vs a SAN ..both are built with same construction and quality but the SAN has a vdrive and more standard options..wakes are both good but serve different people...so the SANB is more money but they both are considered high end boats ..

Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-31-2004, 9:59 AM Reply   
BTW a dd Launch starts at about 36k before nice options..SSV is more like 44 then add options...