Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-03-2005, 3:16 PM Reply   
i'm looking to demo the lf team 134 - what are the closest shops to los angeles that will rent one?
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-03-2005, 4:31 PM Reply   
sports ltd is close i think. im pretty sure they carry lf, not sure about their demos tho. im pretty sure there are some guys from that shop on WW.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-03-2005, 7:16 PM Reply   
wakesports unlimited? in orange county?
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-03-2005, 8:37 PM Reply   
I think the Orange County Wakesports is gone.. I was in Sport Chalet a few days ago and that's what they said.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-04-2005, 8:56 AM Reply   
Orange County Wakesports is not gone. (714) 363-WAKE
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-04-2005, 2:07 PM Reply   
Closest to LA is Sports ltd in the valley, Woodland Hills on Ventura Blvd.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-04-2005, 4:02 PM Reply   
ah thanks - i thought there was a shop in the valley. there is a sports chalet and action water sports in the marina del rey, but sports chalet only rents older model boards and i don't think action rents at all.

(Message edited by deepstructure on September 04, 2005)
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-04-2005, 4:10 PM Reply   
chalet. no offense to anyone that works there but support some shops that actually give a wakeboarding.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-04-2005, 4:13 PM Reply   
agreed. however, i just called sports ltd and they don't demo. you can purchase a board and if you don't like the way it rides you can bring it back and they'll recommend an exchanger. who actually demos?

gotta give credit, when i was first starting out i rented from sports chalet and was able to demo various hyperlites and cwbs. of course they were all a couple of model years old i guess, but so far im not finding a lot of other options anywhere nearby...

(Message edited by deepstructure on September 04, 2005)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-05-2005, 11:42 PM Reply   
what about endo's in long beach? are they too far for you? do they carry lf?

if you're ever out in the inland empire, i'd give the greenhouse ride shop a try. they'll take care of you, whether it's with an lf board, hyperlite, cwb, or any other company.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-06-2005, 3:52 PM Reply   
thanks joe - i'll check those places out
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-07-2005, 9:19 AM Reply   
Chris, I live like 2 blocks from Action Watersports...all I can say is that THEY SUCK! I've been in there a few times and the guys noticably don't know much. That and they charge MSRP...they are the only place I have ever been to that charges MSRP and not MAP prices. We are SOL as far as good local places to buy from.

Definitely check out Greenhouse though. P.I.M.P. They are a really great group of guys, and its worth the drive IMO.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-13-2005, 1:21 AM Reply   
ya daniel, you're absolutely right about action watersports. they've never been knowledgeable or helpful when i've been in there. wakeboarding is like a bastard sport to them.

Old     (mishaplr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-13-2005, 4:27 AM Reply   
Well, I don't usually pop off on people, but right now might be appropriate. Daniel what are you talking about? No good places to buy from except Greenhouse. Have you ever been in Sports Ltd? Have you ever bought anything there and been unhappy and they haven't taken care of it. Unless you are a total Jack@ss they are super cool. Everyone in the shop rides and is down for our sport. Chris, I understand you want to demo and unfortunately it is hard to have huge demo fleet because some people don't care of the boards and they get thrashed. Sports Ltd used to, but stopped because of all the repairs they had to do to the boards. They will take care of you if you buy a board and don't like it. Get a clue Daniel. I understand that the guys at Greenhouse are good, Graham, Wade, and the rest of them are all very cool and ride really well and yes I know them personally. Maybe I am being overly sensitive about the whole thing, but I can't stand when some W@nkor gets on here and starts talking like they have a clue or something. Yes, I am talking to you Daniel.
Old     (trump)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-13-2005, 4:52 PM Reply   
In July I was driving along when I thought I saw a board shop. I made a mental note to check back. Today while I was "working" I walked into Billy's Boardshop in Montrose. I needed some plastic washers and thought they could help me. The guy called LF and found out the washers are back ordered. I asked about a LF demo and he said their Newhall store does demos. The number is 661-254-0727. I hope this helps.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-13-2005, 5:39 PM Reply   
thanks eric! i'll check 'em out.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-13-2005, 5:43 PM Reply   
lj - what board shop do you manage? not action watersports i hope! :-)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-13-2005, 6:01 PM Reply   
lj, your post will really bring people in your shop. either that, or confirm to stay away.
Old     (mishaplr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-13-2005, 10:02 PM Reply   
Chris, we have actually met a long time ago at Castaic. You have a Black Sanger. No, I don't manage Action, but I know them really well. I understand that everyone has their favorites and that is cool, but it bugs me when people say things like there are good shops in LA. Look at Burbank waterski. Pam has been there forever and is great and she has some good people working for her. Joe, did I offend you in some way and if I did I am sorry. The reason for posting was to give notice to companies that have been around for a long time. Billy's, Sports Ltd, and Burbank Waterski. These are the guys I support. I don't work in a shop any longer. Stay at home dad now.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-13-2005, 10:20 PM Reply   
no, you didn't offend me, but if the shops you mentioned have people pushing them in the manner that you did above, i'd say no thanks if i were them.

(Message edited by dakid on September 13, 2005)
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-13-2005, 10:30 PM Reply   
Lj, wow sounds like me that they don't know how to run a rental program. Kinda if you mess it up you buy it or pay to replace it. I worked in a shop and I ran the rental program. The boards were in such good shape I could sell them at the end of the year for the same price we paid for them.
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-14-2005, 9:04 AM Reply   
ok LJ, lets see here mention Sports LTD? NO. Did I say they suck? NO. In fact, I have heard nothing but good things about them, unless you work there, or they are like you I am still open to going up there. I only mentioned Action Watersports in the Marina. I was mentioning LOCALLY Jac@ss. Locally FOR ME, is not driving an hour up to the valley to go buy or demo a board. Locally should be 30 minutes MAX. Chris was talking about how he as been to Action Watersports, therefore, I made the assumption, apparently a fairly correct one, that he lives around there/me. So why don't you take your bitching somewhere else. Yes, I'm talking to you LJ.

Edit* I got a little to POed when I first read LJ's remarks, and said some things I shouldn't have. But, while I'm back:

LA for me is LA, it is not Burbank, it is not the Valley, it is not Castaic, hell, its not even Greenhouse. I recommended Greenhouse because it is the shop I have had the best experience with. I was down there for Blacktop Oasis and they took care of me.

(Message edited by agfan12 on September 14, 2005)
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-14-2005, 1:35 PM Reply   
FIGHT!
Old     (mishaplr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-14-2005, 9:21 PM Reply   
Daniel, sorry for the comments. I get a little fired up because sometimes after reading the posts you say to yourself what the hell why don't you do this or talk to these people. So, my bad. I need to lay off the Triple Venti Mochas. I have said it on here before buy from who you like and who takes care of you. I just think that a lot of the valley shops don't get enough props (I hate that word) by people. Didn't mean to upset anyone.

LJ
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-14-2005, 10:40 PM Reply   
excellent response lj. "props" to ya. :-)