Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-12-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
Well, here’s the question. Last night after a half dozen beers and 20+ games of foosball the argument began...."How many individual runs do you think you have taken on a wakeboard?" I immediately shot for the stars and said that I had taken at least 20,000 runs. After much argument and a few more beers, I had a calculator in my hand and came up with some more concrete numbers. I have been wakeboarding seriously for the last ten years. In that time I pride my self on riding at least 200+ days a year between MN, Socal, and Vacations to ride. Not to mention a few years of winters full of riding in Fl and SoCal. Each day I ride, being from MN, I ride take a least 3-4 sessions (we have to hit it hard in MN) so after taking the most conservative approach to the numbers I could, I am figuring the I have taken 8750 individual wakeboard runs. I don't even want to begin to think about how much gas I have consumed in that time. I arrived at 8750, by saying 3.5 runs per day on the water, multiplied by 225 days a year over a ten year stretch. I don’t really know how exact these numbers are, the only Time I have ever really kept track was the first summer I taught lessons all summer in 2003, that summer before moving to socal I had taken around 521 individual runs.

Anyway I now pose this question to the WakeWorld community. "How many runs have you take on a wakeboard in you life?"

Feel free to tear apart my logic for arriving at 8750 runs or come up with your own logic to reach an answer. I just think it will be interesting to see what people say.

Here’s the other question, how many runs does it take to make it to the PWT, that’s a whole other argument.