Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (bggonzo)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-02-2007, 7:42 PM Reply   
so my boat has had some problems it is a 2006 with 270 hrs it is a high end wakeboard boat.

well the first summer the tower broke 3 times in one summer then they re designed it they said.

the ballast tanks and the hot water shower never work and on memorial day weekend this year the motor shot a rod thought the oil pan. now it is done but the tower is broken again. and they say they don't want to warranty it cause they think it is my fault which it is not. the tower company not the boat company.

do you think i should demand a new boat or it is a lemon. what should i do
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-02-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
We need a bit more info like boat make, how the tower has broken previously, what "redesigned" means exactly... assuming they prolly just gave you a new tower. If the tower is new again it should be under warranty I'd imagine. I don't know how someone could intentionally break their tower, but maybe the tower company does, and ask them to proove it. Talk to your dealer and be polite and nice till it's time to bust balls.

(Message edited by tyboarder03 on August 02, 2007)
Old     (bggonzo)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-02-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
well the tower cracked on the welds at the base where the mounts connecting to the boat are and on the tubing at the top of the tower. the dealer has been great and i just dont want any one to think bad of them and the boat has the best wake in the industry in my opinion.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-02-2007, 8:06 PM Reply   
How often did you change your oil? Also, did you pull tubes and skiiers from the tower?
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-02-2007, 8:10 PM Reply   
Engine wise... there's much to be considered to determine if you were at fault but it seems that got fixed. As for the tower tubing and skiing should be a never. That said a tower breaking at the welds at the base is rediculous if those crack the tower was doomed to begin with. Up top could've been a tube abuse. Only you know but sounds like the tower manufacturer needs to fix it AGAIN. What type of tower if you dont mind me asking??
Old     (bggonzo)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-02-2007, 8:11 PM Reply   
i changed the oil at the dealer every 50 hrs and i never pulled tubers off the tower or skiers
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-02-2007, 8:12 PM Reply   
Tell the tower manufacturer or better yet ask nicely again to replace their faulty tower or proove to you how you broke it so it wont happen again. Otherwise WW can be notorious for bad publicity when companies don't care for their customers.
Old     (bggonzo)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-02-2007, 8:14 PM Reply   
do you think i should demand a new boat or trade it in with a differnt company
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-02-2007, 8:23 PM Reply   
Well the ballast and shower need to be fixed if they aren't your dealer is to blame PERIOD. The Engine got fixed and 270 hours is s grip for an 06 really so a new boat? good luck but I dont see any manufacturer hookin it up that big.
As for the tower "they say they don't want to warranty it cause they think it is my fault"
Too bad for them if it's under warranty its under warranty.}
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-02-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
The dealer should get the shower and ballast working. As far as the tower the dealer/manufacturer should be helping you deal with the tower manufacturer to replace the tower, not get it fixed again. Breaking 3 times is absolutely rediculous. Lastly the motor just sounds like bad luck. I mean you need to remember that the same motors go in other manufacturers boats so its not like their motors are worse or better than others.

Try to deal with them politely and if it doesn't work drop some names thats usually worked for others on the site.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-03-2007, 12:17 AM Reply   
whatever you do when your talking to your dealer make sure that your nice to them. you don't want to turn into the customer that every time you call or go into the shop the dealer says " ooooo great its this guy again i wonder what he's giong to bitch about now". with me being a dealer adn dealing with problems like this theres nothing that i hate more than a customer that yells and makes threats. for the tower issue contact the tower manufacture and talk to who ever's in controll with the warrenty. the first time or two that you talk to them if they are agreeing to replace the tower ask them nicely whos name to put on the law suit when a peice of the tower breaks off and kills someone on the boat. they don't want a bad name on their tower and a law suit over something thats going to cost them at the most 3 grand. for asking for a new boat its not a smart thing to do. it'll instantly start a bad relationship with you and the dealer. in the boating industry theres no lemon law like there is in cars. a lot of people may say there is and if there is i guess in the 68 years my family has been in the boat industry we haven't heard of it then. agian just be nice to your dealer you can be a little bit of a jack ass to the manufacture. haha but good luck with it.