Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (lemytry)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-04-2004, 5:24 PM Reply   
did u guys have to change your head units for your ipod hookups
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       11-05-2004, 5:09 AM Reply   
What head unit are you trying to hook up the I pod to? There are a few ways that you can input the Ipod signal. Thru the CD changer input- thru and aux. input (if equiped with one) or thru an FM modulator. The first 2 options will give you the best sound.
Hope this helps!
Old     (lemytry)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-05-2004, 3:19 PM Reply   
thanks for the help
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-05-2004, 4:09 PM Reply   
I did - I went with a Sony MP3 deck that also has an AUX input so I can just connect directly to the iPod. The quality is better than using the FM transmitter too. I have the same head unit in my truck and just picked up a Belkin 12v adapter for the iPod that also has a headphone jack on it, that way you bypass the internal amp in the iPod and get the best possible sound quality and no worry about the battery life on the iPod.

So I can play regular CDs, MP3 disk with 120+ songs, or my iPod. Plenty of music even for cross-country trips.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-08-2004, 8:29 AM Reply   
Most new Alpine decks have the hookup already in place. Since they provide the unit's to BMW my understanding is that it is a very similar piece.

Eric
Old    bigdeal            11-08-2004, 11:24 AM Reply   
The new Alpine decks are really sweet, but please note that they still require an additional module, along with the headunit, to offer seamly Ipod integration. Once you have both the Alpine headunit and module installed, all you do is plug in the Ipod and throw it in the glovebox (or elsewhere) since you can control 'all' Ipod functions through the face of the headunit. Definitely the cat's meow. I'm going to get one of the new Alpine decks for my truck. I already run a Sony CDX-MP80 deck (with AUX input) in my boat that handles my Ipod duties very well. Gotta love that Ipod!