Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (wake2wake103)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-31-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
So we were getting ready to stop going to the lake and put everything away for the season, but then the choice was made for me. My friend managed to roll his car 5 times. No more riding this year. Broken arm, broken ribs, concussion, ect.I wasnt the worst though. Upload
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-31-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
WOW! That looks pretty damn bad how did it happen? 5 times is nascaresque.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-31-2008, 12:59 PM Reply   
Brings back memories of rolling my 87' Toyota 4runner with the roll bar in the back. The guy drove it looking like the above picture onto the flatbed. Engine in that thing was bulletproof. Too bad rust above the rear fender ate the body.

Fun truck, but couldn't get out of it's own way if need be.

I had my seatbelt on and hitched a ride back to college and drank away any soreness. I would have been really messed up if no seatbelt. Glad your friend is OK.
Old     (wake2wake103)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-01-2008, 2:32 PM Reply   
We were out in the desert doin a little rock crawling and off roading on the lava rock and stuff. We were flyin down some trail and and the driver missed a boulder and we crawled up it on the right side and we slipped into a rut on the left side and almost rolled. We crawled down and thought all was well, but its looking like we did some serious damage to one of the shocks. We were driving home on the road and he missed a turn a little bit goin like 65, and got back on the road. I thought everything was ok cause we were back on the road, but he starts yelling that something was wrong with the suspension and next thing I knew I was waking up in the hospital. Apparently I was spitting out nonsense and awake the hour and a half before we got to the hospital. We were super lucky no one was hurt worse cause it took 45 mins for the ambulance to get there. To bad, it was a fun car. He had built it himself. 84 frame with solid front axle, on an 88 body. It had dual transfer cases and would go over just about anything as long as you didnt run out of power. That was its weak spot.