Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (bltcollins)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-18-2007, 9:48 PM Reply   
I recently bought some tower speakers and the clamps seem a little to large for the diameter of the tower. I added some weather stripping from homedepot in between the tower and the clamp but it doesn't seem to work...the stripping isn't dense enough and they slip a little. Anyone have any idea where I could buy something like the "Monster Tower Universal Inserts" They say they only work on monster tower clamps so I don't won't to shell out $50 for nothing. I figure there is something I could buy at a hardware store but haven't had much success. Anyway, any help is appreciated.
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-18-2007, 11:16 PM Reply   
Do you know what type of clamps you have? I have some Skylon Rubicon clamp inserts that are left over. They send three sets and I only needed the 2". Also, what diameter is your tower. That will help also.
Old     (bltcollins)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-18-2007, 11:37 PM Reply   
I bought some clamps from DIYWAKE.COM. to replace the really bulky looking clamps that came with tower speakers. I ordered the 1 7/8 size clamps so I assume they sent the correct size but they just seem to be a little bigger then the tubing on the Proflight Swoop Tower which I was told was 1 7/8. So I don't need anything very thick, just something that won't compress as much as the weather stripping. Seems O.K. when I tighten the clamps, but definitely moving enough for me to notice.
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-19-2007, 12:12 AM Reply   
You could buy some rubber mat material at Lowe's and cut it to go around the tower. That is what I did with my wakeboard rack clamps. Also makes it so my tower won't scratch.
Old     (randall)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-19-2007, 6:53 AM Reply   
Use the double sticky sided weather striping that window installers use. I have and it works great.
Old     (tarkus70)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-20-2007, 5:21 PM Reply   
I have two sets of the Monster tower inserts minus the 1 5/8" inserts. You want the rest give me an address and I'll send them to you. I saved them in case someone else could use them.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-21-2007, 12:38 PM Reply   
I have 2" and 2.5" left over from my Skylon Rubicon 250s. I only needed the 2 3/8" for my SAN 210. Don't think that they will help you with 1 7/8" tower though.
Old     (bltcollins)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-21-2007, 3:15 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. Scott I sent you a PM.

Thanks as well Aaron and everyone else for the ideas/offers. I pretty much need something in the 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick range to make up the difference between the clamp and the tower since the clamps are probably 2 inches and the tower is in the 1 7/8 range. Anything like that should work...if I have to do a little modification I will...beggars can't be choosers right. Anyway, I do appreciate the input.