Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-17-2009, 9:30 PM Reply   
Alright my past winter consisted of a lot of projects.

1st- New Boat August 2008 2007 Malibu LSV
Plain Factory- no racks, no stereo, stock 4
tanks ballast.

2nd- October 2008 started my ballast install that
consisted of front bow sac, two 600# pound
sacs for each compartment. Then for the days
when it is just me and a few other riders a
750 in the floor. Here was the fun part
everything plummed into the hard tanks and
switches then the extra bags have there own
drain pumps ran also tapped into dash board
switches.
3rd- Started the Boat Garage building.I already had the concrete poured year earlier when i
built the house. i am a Trim carpenter so
eventually all the wall will looked like
back wall does. and then alot of wakeboard
swag will be on the walls.

4th- January ordered wakeboard racks.

5th - Started ordering all my Wetsounds setup
throughout whole boat. Amps (4) pro 60's.

6th - Went with the Jl W13 Sub and custom box.
Idea came from this site of a fello ww so
wanna give thanks to him. This was my
Favorite part. I did everything but rhino
line the box.

7th - Boat still didnthave that glow to her so i
had the windows tinted.

8th- Took my boat out with my run down worktruck
and so guy at the boat ramp made a comment
about my sweet boat and then went on to
talk about my junky work truck. So then i
pulled the string on my new toy puller.
2008 Ford f250 22's on 37's with 6 inch
lift.

9th- I wanna thank Rob at Cooper Electronics in
Oklahoma city for all the stereo gear.

(Tim) at Wetsounds for answering all my questions
along with everybody on this website. Hell
answering all our questions is probably a
full time job.

(Tim)'s Customer service department for repairing
my Sub amp which whatever reason shut
broke after three hours first trip out.
Fix it and got it back to me before my
first big weekend.

Every thing done to the stereo amps ballast system sub box design was all done by me during the long winter here in OKC so im ready to go out
and have some fun with my new toys. I didnt spray the sub box, or design and wrap the amp tray. But the rest is all me. G inspired me and
some of it could be better and some of it that is only thing i could come up with. I am very happy with everything.
Oh yeah i welded every single piece of steel in that shop which i will never do again. Then some of my employees help me with insulateing and sheet metal due to all the wind here u should have seen all the parchutes we had with that insulation.
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-17-2009, 9:34 PM Reply   
Boat Pics

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-17-2009, 9:35 PM Reply   
Ballast install

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-17-2009, 9:36 PM Reply   
More ballast install

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-17-2009, 9:37 PM Reply   
More Ballast

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-17-2009, 9:40 PM Reply   
New Boat/Truck House Shop is still work in progress on the inside i have alot more to do to it but this is where im at now.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-17-2009, 9:43 PM Reply   
Wackboard racks up and installed. Stereo gear all finish. Amps in Sub box up and pounding.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-17-2009, 9:45 PM Reply   
Here is the new ride and tinted windows on the boat and it all complete and ready for summer.Upload
Upload
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-17-2009, 9:45 PM Reply   
Here is the new ride and tinted windows on the boat and it all complete and ready for summer.Upload
Upload
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-17-2009, 9:50 PM Reply   
Thats my little girl she is 1 yr old so she gets to make some trips this year. I guess the only bad thing so far is that my group of riders isnt use to 4500 pounds of ballast. I have one rider down already torn ACL and summer hasnt even started yet. Sorry if i went out of my way but i really enjoyed this process and wanted to share with everyone on here. Hell half my ideas came from here. If ur in Oklhama city or at Eufala this Memorail weekend dont hesitate to say hi. Will be posting pics of the wake shape this weekend when i get out on the lake.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-17-2009, 9:55 PM Reply   
Good job, nice installs, bet it feels good to be done!
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-17-2009, 10:03 PM Reply   
wow. great colors on your boat. i love that blue. you will love that wake with 4500 lbs.

How much tint did you go with? 30%?
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-17-2009, 10:08 PM Reply   
That is one of the sickest boats I've ever seen.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-17-2009, 10:51 PM Reply   
You have no idea how jealous I am right now.... *drool...drooooollll*
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-17-2009, 11:12 PM Reply   
sick rides man.....good job
Old     (dfrost733)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-18-2009, 5:25 AM Reply   
Awesome job! Can't wait to see it this summer!
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-18-2009, 6:20 AM Reply   
I love that boat! I'm in the market right now and I have to say your boat just made me want to stay with bu, that color is fine! Love the work you've done too! How fast will the ballast fill since you did it off the stock tanks? Just a minor detail thought, IMO that amp rack would be set off if you painted it the same blue color as your boat! That tint looks awesome! Looks like your bu is wearing sunglasses in your pic!
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-18-2009, 6:26 AM Reply   
Ballast could be faster but im not complaining becasue i dont have to sit there hook a pump up and do all that work. I just sit there and chill. i think it takes maybe 5 to 7 minutes. What happens is the drain pump to the hard tank starts letting a 1/4 of water out that is coming in cause of graivity i guess and it is at the bottom of the hard tank. but once it is full they stay full.

Thanks for the comments guys and yeah i cant wait for summer. Ive been out a handle full of times and the wake is great.
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-18-2009, 6:29 AM Reply   
99% sure it was 20% tint.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-18-2009, 6:59 AM Reply   
wow nice setup!

that includes the package of truck, boat, garage!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-18-2009, 7:40 AM Reply   
Wow is right! Everything is just bad azz! Congrats!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-18-2009, 8:48 AM Reply   
Nice work, interesting that with all the wetsounds stickers on that boat you opted for the W7 over the XXX.
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-18-2009, 9:15 AM Reply   
The most annoying thing about wakeboarding to me right now is filling up extra fat sacs. If and probably when I get a new boat I am going to set it up ballast-wise the same way you did that is SICK!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-18-2009, 10:40 AM Reply   
nice setup
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-18-2009, 10:53 AM Reply   
Recession resmession! I love it, nice work especially on the tow rig
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-18-2009, 11:01 AM Reply   
Danny,
What did you put in the nose?
It looks like you have the built in MLS in the bow, did you plumb in an additional tank to set on top of the seats?
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-18-2009, 11:15 AM Reply   
wow, gorgeous boat.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-18-2009, 1:16 PM Reply   
that's quite the setup!!!!!
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       05-18-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
NICE!!! where do you use your boat at? we're from arkansas but go to Tenkiller every weekend
Old    falcon_v            05-18-2009, 1:50 PM Reply   
Nice set up I love both the truck and the boat. I live in Edmond were do you ride at.
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-18-2009, 6:15 PM Reply   
holy cow. that's nice...all of it.
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-18-2009, 7:59 PM Reply   
i ride at Draper or Thunderbird but on holidays i go to Mcgee creek secret spot for butter for miles.

Bryan-

I plumb in a the triangle bow sac off the overfill and then added a pump to drain it i will take a pic of it tonight. i only add about 500 pounds in it since it already has the bow ballast tank underneath. or add more depending on weight situation in the boat with peeps. Thats what the extra holes are in the boat for drain pumps in all three backs. The whole boat drains in like 3 or 4 minutes its great.

Nu Bu- i actually did have the xxx-12 but after putting it in it just looked plain so i went and got the w713 and in my opinion it absoultely pounds. and looks really meaty to. Sold the brand new xxx-12 for excactly what i paid for it to a good friend of mine so i got to hear them both in my boat and choose which one i wanted.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-18-2009, 8:09 PM Reply   
Hey guys thanks for all the comments. I will get a pic of the wake soon. Went out today and it was great to get air effortlessly. But dont be fooled 4500 pounds of ballast and 6 peeps today 4 people took decent sets. took 32 gallons to fill back up so big wake dont come cheap. Good thing my boys pitch in for gas or they get first set with no ballast. lol again thanks for the comments i cant wait for full blown summer to hit.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-18-2009, 8:15 PM Reply   
So all those random hoses through out are just tied into the existing ballast overflow and you can tap em into the other sacks when you want? So how does the draining work?
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-18-2009, 8:38 PM Reply   
Hate

all three sacks one in the bow two in back compartments are all ran of the overfill hose of the hard tanks. fly high comes with three holes so one in off overfill of hard tanks. one coming out of top of fly high sac as the overfill going out of the boat when they are all full. i like the overfill/breather hose cause u dont have to burt the sacs no more they breath through that overfill hose. Then i added three drain pumps one to each bag individualy and tap them into the hard tanks drain pumps on the dashboard. so when i hit the switch to drain hard tank the sacks pump come on too. here is a pic of second pump added into the same compartment that goes to the sacs. the back hoses stay hooked up permant. the front i removed each day for the trip home. i fold the front pump up and stick it in the cubby hole. then just connect the overfill hose back up to its original hose. Fly highs quicks connects everywhere only way to go.
Upload
Upload
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-18-2009, 10:29 PM Reply   
Danny,
I like that idea, we surf so we have a 500 # sack that we roll from side to side. Its nice to be able to remove the bow cushions to (prevent wear and tear) and have a solid platform for more weight
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-19-2009, 7:03 AM Reply   
Danny: Nice job on the Amp Rack. I like how you took effort to the raise the amps and the board to hide the wires under the amp's ect. Also good job on the sub box. May I suguest a trim pannel on the front of the sub box coverd in vinyl to match you dash. The rhino line is cool but I think it would look much more finished if the front of the box was coverd in vinyl. Also your boat colors are real nice the blue looks so good on the water. You do however get a "F" on your EQ placment please try again LOL.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-19-2009, 7:11 AM Reply   
Wow thats a great idea to fill and drain the extra ballast bags, Kudos.
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-19-2009, 7:37 AM Reply   
Thanks G on the comments. I agree on the sub box front gonna do something little better with it next winter. i added some leds inside the metal vent on bottom for memorail weekend night concert im going to so that will look pretty sweet. whats the reason for bad placement of the EQ. Its actually easy to adjust while driving u just have to remember which dail goes to. i dont have sub hook through it cause on the wetsounds EQ they have the in boat and sub put together. the in boat speaker get way to loud to get decent sub hitting. so i got a bass knob up under dash also so it is quite easy to adjust everything. now if one of my buddies started messy with it all thats a different story.

thanks G means alot coming from u.
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-19-2009, 7:50 AM Reply   
Dude that thing is sick it looks alot like a boat I know? It turned out sick can't wait to this down behind it!
Old     (savage)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-19-2009, 12:36 PM Reply   
Very nice set up man. I might be at Eufala as well for Memorial day weekend.
Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-19-2009, 1:04 PM Reply   
I believe grant would be referring to this post... It got pretty funny.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/685064.html

All in good fun. The boat came out great. The details are what count. And I love the truck!
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-19-2009, 7:58 PM Reply   
i miss that whole thread when it was up that is some pretty funny stuff. my reason is cause i saw everyone have theirs under the steering wheel and wanted to be different. but mainly so it didnt get wet. Didnt even no to use eq as the main volume i just adjusted every dail to sound clean and clear for miles then crank up the volume on the head unit. Then every once in a while grab the mic and holla at some ladies. (after a few beers of course)
Old     (tomfish)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-19-2009, 8:33 PM Reply   
Check out captain D I Y.........Looks killer, you've got some serious skills!!
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-20-2009, 8:16 PM Reply   
forget that boat bro ur truck is sik!!!!
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-20-2009, 8:33 PM Reply   
i ment to put cant wait to go up there its not down down from me, and i cant wait to ride behind it
Old     (twake_410yahoocom)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-24-2009, 8:43 PM Reply   
nice work danny!! heard it was sick! we need to go ride! i would really love to hear that w7 too. im thinking thats what i want to put in mine.