Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-14-2009, 9:49 AM Reply   
I just found this video and this is freaking crazy! I don't know how Chase does some of this stuff. I know James Walker has done something similar, is that right? Well here is the link

http://slayshtank.com/video/the-evolution-of-wakesurfing-shuv-to-revert-by-chase-hazen/
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-14-2009, 11:26 AM Reply   
wow. that is sick. not what i thought when i heard shuv revert, but badass for sure.
Old    surfdad            12-14-2009, 11:32 AM Reply   
Chase is truly one of the best wakesurfers, period - that body varial at the end is sick! James was doing a shuv to switch backside at the last INT contest in Gerber, so they were 15 at the time? Chase has really stepped it up with the body varial addition.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-14-2009, 11:32 AM Reply   
Mitch, what is it called then? I'm terrible with these trick names. Usually I ask Frye for help, but you may become my new goto guy.

Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-14-2009, 11:34 AM Reply   
I guess it's called shuv to revert.
Old    mobster            12-14-2009, 12:14 PM Reply   
Not the not the 1st one pulled , but very nice Props to Chase on stepping up up his trick list
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-14-2009, 12:37 PM Reply   
Who else has pulled this off? I'm sure Drew has done something like this or this, but anyone else on a surf style board?
Old    surfdad            12-14-2009, 12:44 PM Reply   
Josh Sleigh. It's interesting to watch folks come into the "fold". If you can find some of the old'er clips that the MoB Group posted you can see Josh land that. Wasn't that up in Disco Bay, JL? Chase would have been there too. Josh also has that "Sack Lunch" which is killer...Josh is the king of aerial and body varial combo's.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-14-2009, 1:10 PM Reply   
Anyone got links to the videos? That would be fun to watch.
Old    surfdad            12-14-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
http://www.mobgroup.tv/videos/wakesurfing.html

Check the early days Salad Trees and Salad Trees 2. I think the intro to Salad Trees shows Josh landing the Sack Lunch on a SS Thresher and "I believe" Josh lands the trick described above in ST2 - he's riding the darkside.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-14-2009, 1:46 PM Reply   
Who names these tricks? Funny stuff
Old    surfdad            12-14-2009, 1:58 PM Reply   
I "think" that sack lunch name was the result of a contest in Surfer (or maybe it was Surfing?) Magazine - sheesh more years ago than I can remember. It was a "name this trick" contest featuring Josh and I think the winner got either Josh's thruster or a replica of it. It was prior to his Placebo board days. That's going to drive me crazy now, I'll have to go find that magazine! :-)
Old    surfdad            12-14-2009, 2:12 PM Reply   
I found a reference to that trick - and I messed the whole thing up! :-)

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/559019/691676.html

JL wrote:

That Board was a Hamish The trick is The Sack Lunch. Trans World Surf's contest winner renamed the trick the Crazy Chester
Old    mobster            12-14-2009, 3:28 PM Reply   
It's also not the 1st pulled on a Shred Stixx Sleigh Did one one Chase's Board in Disco Bay back in the day there are at least 4 of them in The Wake Up Movie , The Boards , Placebo ,The 1st MoB Boards Shaped by Cris & Ryan Cabezas, A Shred Stixx And A Transom also at Board Stock glad to see the progression
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-14-2009, 4:59 PM Reply   
That's really impressive trick. Now to qualify that comment, I still can't pull a darn 3.
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-14-2009, 6:02 PM Reply   
That is a shuv followed by a surface back side 180 and then ended with a body varial.....whatever you want to call it very impressive to say the least!!!!!!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-18-2009, 11:47 AM Reply   
That was amazing, very cool and inspiring.