Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    davemcadams            03-25-2003, 6:47 AM Reply   
My grill covers are showing signs of age. I want to remove them and repaint them, but they are on real tight. They've never been removed and before I really start prying I wanted some advice as to the best way to get these off without seriously damaging the grills or scarring the cannisters. Has anyone else had to paint their grills, and if so what's the best way to get these off.
Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-25-2003, 7:11 AM Reply   
use a awl and work your way around the grill pull it up a little at a time, they will come right off.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-25-2003, 10:09 AM Reply   
i was curious about that myself because i wanted to add dynamat.

david - are you running B530s and B60's on your tower right now? i am considering adding some B60's to my current B530's and was wondering what your complete setup is. just curious. i know i could find plenty in older posts.
Old     (highrider)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-25-2003, 10:16 AM Reply   
I refinished mine last year. Turned out great. I echo Tom - use an awl or something similiar to allow you to pull up on hte grill - it will come right out.
Old    davemcadams            03-25-2003, 12:22 PM Reply   
Matt, I have a pair of the B-530's and B-60's and the Phoenix Gold amp along with a seven light bar, Boss pro tower and racks. It was a 2002 year Boss demo boat. Sorry no pics yet. I like the sound alot, my neighbors don't.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-25-2003, 12:39 PM Reply   
would love to see pics of that!! you arent only running one amp, are you?
Old    davemcadams            03-25-2003, 1:15 PM Reply   
yep. Just the one under there. I'm not real familiar with it yet. we just picked it up 2 weeks ago. I can't imagine it needs more than the one though. It's pretty deafening when pushed. But it has to be in order to hear it on the board, right?
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       03-25-2003, 1:32 PM Reply   
David, Is that Greg Miller's old boat?
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       03-25-2003, 1:34 PM Reply   
David, Is that Greg Miller's old boat?
Old    davemcadams            03-25-2003, 1:41 PM Reply   
Yes, it is. I'm envious of your weather down there. I wanted to stay several days when I went down to pick it up! Our lake was only 50* last weekend.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-25-2003, 2:05 PM Reply   
i am not too good with stereo stuff, but i just figured that with a pair of B530's, a pair of B60's, i am assuming at least 1 sub, and maybe speakers inside the boat, that one amp wouldnt be enough. maybe it is, i dont know, but thats why i was asking.