Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-23-2007, 9:40 PM Reply   
I purchased a used 06 V-Ride BU this summer with 36 hours on it. I have 59 hours on it now and am having all kinds of issues with it. This is my first BU and am not trying to bash Malibu but asking everyone is you have problems with yours. Here are some of the issues...the powder coat on the illusion tower chiped due to a run that was in it. I repaired, the fresh air engine blower failed, I replaced, the center seat fall through, warr. claim for new designed seat, dash vinyl damaged due to the center window rubbing on is <picture>, cargo rear storage net came apart, and the big one is the swim platform has developed 2 cracks and I have not damaged it <picture>.. Im just trying to find out if anyone has had any issues and if the are leget warr. issues. I feel the platform is built a little light and has too much flex causing the gel coat to crack. Thanks for any info.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-23-2007, 11:39 PM Reply   
Scotter- these are pretty minor issues, most of which should be covered under warranty. Make a list for your dealer and ask them to address them all when they do your end of season service. The gel cracks on the swim platform will probably be covered only if you can demonstrate that there is excessive flex in the platform. We are on our second Bu with a fiberglass platform, and have not had any flexure problems. The gelcoat on the platform does get a "used" look after awhile though.

Good luck.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-24-2007, 12:21 AM Reply   
Did you transfer the warranty? I would say that most of this is considered "normal wear and tear".There was a seat issue(taken care of) blower motor (should be warranty) and the platform doesnt seem that bad.

Those platforms are heavy as hell and who is to say that the previous owner didnt cause the damage to it before hand?

Like PeterT said, minor issues.