Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-06-2007, 1:27 PM Reply   
I've got a question for the masses that would have some insight into a situation. I bought a 06 boat after owning an 05 same boat. I don't want to spill what make/model just yet. Anyway, in 06 the manufacture made some changes, mostly cosmetic but still some very noticable changes. I did NOT realize this at the time but my 06 is really the 05 make/model stamped as an 06 with the 06's tower upgrade. I know there will be specific time where a manufacture will change from one year to the next but my question is "if it's stamped an 06 and changes were made for all 06's I can find is this an issue?" I thought if you made changes you'd have to at least say it was an 05 and 1/2 or am I just dumb???

I bought this boat used with about 50 hours on it so I didn't get the chance to see it in a show room with 06's that would have been different. I love the boat and wouldn't swap it for another because of the color scheme and new tower update. Maybe I'm just crazy???
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-06-2007, 3:49 PM Reply   
Most boat manufactures have transition boats which are a mix of 2 years. Because of small volumes and lot sizes of incoming parts they use everything up rather than return to vendor or place in inventory for service parts. If you purchase a new model year boat made in August or September it might be mixed components.
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-06-2007, 3:58 PM Reply   
Are you talking about a MasterCraft '05 X-2/'06 X-1? Just curious...
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-06-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
Most boat manufactures make boats that are a mix of model year components. They purchase materials in lots and set a firm cut-off date (July or August)for production of one year and start the new year. If they have remaining components that will work they use them. If making hull (mold) changes and the new mold isn't ready they could go ahead and stamp the old mold with new year because of the calander date or other part content, (engine, tower, color scheme, etc.)
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-07-2007, 6:35 AM Reply   
Thanks George, I figure that would be the case! Anyone else know anything? Ryan it's not a MC.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-07-2007, 7:19 AM Reply   
Most Japanese and European cars run continuous changes during a model year. Some go on during the cycle for North American makers too.