Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-01-2010, 7:21 PM Reply   
Got my shipment of hot sauce in this past week used the stuff late last night and today when we pulled out. INCREDIBLE! Ive used 303 and used to always use mcguires quick wax spray. But this stuff really makes your boat look brand new. I havnt washed my boat in over a month, and it was looking pretty bad from using 303 to heavily, so I didnt use anything the last few times I pulled out waiting on my hot sauce, and Im a believer.

Best part is on the way home there was a sea turtle (jason ellis reference) out walking with her young son on the sidewalk, we pulled up to the stop sign and he was tugging at his mom and I quote "mommy look at that big new boat" to which she responded "it is big". Does "thats what she said" apply here?

But honestly do yourself a favor and get some hot sauce from boat bling. Youll love it.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-01-2010, 7:38 PM Reply   
X2 I love me some Hot Sauce!
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-01-2010, 8:05 PM Reply   
X3 Got some a few weeks back because regular wax wasn't cutting it on the spots in the dark blue. Hot Sauce is is the Shizit!
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-01-2010, 8:45 PM Reply   
Has anyone compared this to Babes Boat Brite?
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-01-2010, 10:39 PM Reply   
^^^Yes, for me it's a toss up. I think hot sauce leaves just a bit deeper gloss/shine. Babes smells better.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-02-2010, 6:43 AM Reply   
I will be getting my Hot Sauce tomorrow. WIll compare on Wednesday morning when I take the boat out.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-02-2010, 6:49 AM Reply   
I am still waiting to try some of this. Lots of good reviews. I will stick with Babes until I can find some locally and give it a shot.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-02-2010, 7:07 AM Reply   
Been using the sauce since 06'. I forgot the sauce at home this weekend and had a bottle of babe's in my truck. Babe's doesn't hold a candle to the sauce in any way.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-02-2010, 7:45 AM Reply   
Hot sauce has wax and I don't believe babes does. If babes does have wax, I cannot find anywhere on the bottle or the website that says it does. The Hot Sauce is hands down better than Babe's, unless it is all about the smell to you. The Pro Sauce is also awesome.
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-02-2010, 10:48 AM Reply   
Will the Hot Sauce get off the yellow water stains? I'm not talking about after it has set up for a few days/weeks, I'm talking about the wipe down right after pulling out of the lake.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-02-2010, 11:08 AM Reply   
Babes has wax.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-02-2010, 11:13 AM Reply   
BABE'S Boat Bright

Spray Wax Cleaner

BABE'S Boat Bright is a non-abrasive formula designed to clean and protect your boat's surface. ]Boat Bright enhances the finish of your boat by applying a light wax surface plus a UV protectant. No pre-washing necessary. Simply spray a light mist on the surface and wipe off with a clean towel. BABE'S Boat Bright can be used on gelcoat, metal, glass or vinyl surfaces.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       08-02-2010, 11:24 AM Reply   
It says in pretty large letters that babes has wax in it..... Right under the word Bright it says Spray Wax Cleaner.....

http://www.babesboats.com/prodBoatBright.php
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-02-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
tried them both recently and I actually favor the Babes products... Got a bucket of Babes kit and am really happy with all of the products-
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-02-2010, 11:59 AM Reply   
Hijack... if anyone is looking for decent interior cleaner, use this stuff. Starbrite Super Spray Boat Cleaner. It says on the bottle that its safe for vinyl though the description doesn't mention it.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...9350&langId=-1

I used it this weekend and it works wonders for getting sun tan oil and such off your vinyl. I have tried Babes Seat Soap and it blows doors off of Babes. I have not tried the Malco stuff others have suggested though.
Old     (jonnymatrix5)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-02-2010, 12:05 PM Reply   
I just picked up some hot sauce a little over a week ago and that stuff is amazing!
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-02-2010, 3:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruizza View Post
It says in pretty large letters that babes has wax in it..... Right under the word Bright it says Spray Wax Cleaner.....

http://www.babesboats.com/prodBoatBright.php
Never noticed it before. It still doesn't compare to the Hot Sauce.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-02-2010, 3:53 PM Reply   
I used Babe's in the past and loved the smell. I didn't use it how I should have though so it really didn't do much for the water spots.

I picked up some Hot Sauce and hoped it would take care of the water spots I had on the boat. It didn't do much at all, so I went to town with some CLR mixed with water. After a bit the boat was all cleaned up. I then waxed it and now use Hot Sauce after I wipe the boat down. Wow! This stuff works amazing. A bunch of people have mentioned how good my boat looks and feels. I'm a believer now. You just need to keep up with it and you won't have to do what I did with the CLR. Only small downside is the smell of the vinegar, but it's not bad at all.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-02-2010, 7:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajholt7 View Post
Never noticed it before. It still doesn't compare to the Hot Sauce.
+1 if someone doubts it do a side by side comparison, you'll be a believer at that point.