Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (WakesurfSanDiego)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-13-2014, 10:42 AM Reply   
I am test driving an Axis T22 on Thursday morning with friends.
This new boat has surfgate.
We are bringing 3,500 lbs of lead and water ballast for the test drive.
If the boat performs well, we are probably buying the boat.
I AM LOOKING FOR HELP IN THE EXACT PLACEMENT OF THE WEIGHT FOR THE BEST REGULAR AND BEST GOOFY WAKE.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-13-2014, 11:17 AM Reply   
You're not going to find too many people familiar with surfing these, as many dealers haven't even gotten any in stock yet. Let alone dialed them in.

I would start with 750s in each rear locker on top of stock and if there is no PnP bag in the bow, I would throw at least 4-500 pounds up there. That will at least emulate what a boat with common plug and play sacs will do.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-13-2014, 12:15 PM Reply   
Typically, the lead is placed as far back in a rear corner as possible. That is the basic point of lead weight; a lot of mass in a small area. Of course, too much weight on one side is going to negate the surfgate. I do not have first hand experience with the T-22, but do have experience with the surfgate on similar hulls. Start with equal weight in the rear 400-750, bow weight, mid range and surfgate. Then list the boat to one side by removing ballast on the opposite side and see what you can do.

We will be interested to see what you find out.
Old     (JS)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-19-2014, 10:49 PM Reply   
the wave is actually really good with just the plugnplay stock ballast and wedge if you dont want the extra room taken up. but i run my a22 with,750 plugnplay in the rear lockers, 800 in the bow, 800 in the center of the floor and the plug n play front arow with stock ballast and wedge down, i would assume the t22 would be very similar if not better. you want to make sure you weight the boat as evenly forward and back as possible as well as side to side while using the surfgate. throw out all prior weighting knowledge when using the gates.