Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-05-2007, 5:00 PM Reply   
AAHHHHHHHHH THIS IS SOME FUNNY S^%T
So true !!! They should have used somebody like Leaf Garret or Scott Baio (spelling) to play the CC part. They used to be popular in the 70's and 80's as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weqG8y62ZOs
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-05-2007, 5:19 PM Reply   
You actually think this series of Mastercraft YouTube commercials is funny??? There is some truth to them, but funny, I don't think so. At least get an advertising division that comes up with original ideas instead of copying Apple's approach.
Old     (bennettag10)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-05-2007, 5:23 PM Reply   
i don't think they were trying to copy apples advertising... i think they were just bored and decided to make fun of it. It's pretty funny....
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-05-2007, 5:36 PM Reply   
Yes I thought all of them were funny. I agree with Brett, I think Zane and friends got bored and made a few videos.
mhayes, now I know why you didnt think it was funny after I looked at your profile pic. You do have good looking boat though.

(Message edited by woreout on December 05, 2007)
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-05-2007, 5:39 PM Reply   
You obviously missed the comment when I said that "there is some truth to them". As for Zane and his buddies making commercials on their own, there is no way Mastercraft would allow that from a legal perspective.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-05-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
They did it when they were filming MCs Rewind 08.
In the other threads MC vs Bu and Tige, Zane said they did it just for fun. I'm sure they asked MCs permission first.
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-05-2007, 5:45 PM Reply   
I wonder if Mr Zane is finished with his antics?
I hope not !!!

What is going to be REAL FUNNY is when BU Tige, and CC make there own videos. Who is copying then? Just like everything else !!!

Hey CC time to come at least into the new century do ya think???

Sometimes the truth hurts...at least a little bit
Trying to keep it in perspective for ya CC

(Message edited by swab791 on December 05, 2007)
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-05-2007, 5:47 PM Reply   
gotta love it--soo true though
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-05-2007, 7:19 PM Reply   
why isn't zane wearing braces to represent the tower braces? haha
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-05-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
You know he probably secretly loves Nautiques. Little folk really like the low freeboard on em.

Shrek out...
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-05-2007, 8:19 PM Reply   
I own a nautique and I thought it was crazy funny! In many way the add is right... CC is getting passed by (IMO).

UJ
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-05-2007, 8:28 PM Reply   
or they could give the bigger dude some of those shiny plastic shoes to represent all the plastic in the CC...
Old     (delbert)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-05-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
hmmmmm...
1. MC accuses Tige of copying the pickle fork design that MC copied from Cobalt.
2. MC pokes fun at the Malibu wedge falling off yet has to create band-aid braces for their own tower.
3. Indicates that BU hull designs are inferior yet between 2004 and 2007 BU released the LSV, VLX, 247, and VTX while MC released similar models of the x-30, x-45, X-15, x-2. From reviews on this site it sounds like they have held their own.
4. Indicated that CC is back in the 80's. Yet back in the 80's CC made a center console model with dual inboard engines. While MC is pulling out the metal flake gel coats.
6. and last I always carry an 80's suit, wigs, sleeveless shirts, replica wedge, and have created scripts for my commercially edited impromptu recordings that I decide to post with MC approval on MySpace for the world to see.

I love MC boats just not a fan of their advertising.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-05-2007, 9:55 PM Reply   
people. its just a joke. some of you need to chill out.
Old    wakeridinrob            12-05-2007, 11:39 PM Reply   

quote:

people. its just a joke. some of you need to chill out.

I think so too. i dont own a boat and will not for MANNNNNNY years to come but this looks like it is all in fun. i hope they come out for more.
lets see they have...EPIC, Sanger, Centurion, MB, Supra/Moomba,
THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT!

(Message edited by wakeridinrob on December 05, 2007)
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-06-2007, 12:29 AM Reply   
Wait...these are all impromptu? Seriously? I find it hard to believe that anyone would randomly have these items handy. What's that? Oh, these were shot during MC's Rewind shoot? Hm. Makes sense then. Suit came from one of those pesky company owners and the duct tape came from the dock where MC must have been trying to fix their sh*tty towers.

Fun videos, though. Too bad that you couldn't come up with any material that hasn't already been beaten to death 100 times over on wakeworld already. Maybe next time?
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-06-2007, 5:21 AM Reply   
It is just too funny the video and the all the remarks. Funny watching everyone get their panties in a wad.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       12-06-2007, 6:32 AM Reply   
waterfreak - you're exactly right about watching the comment fighting on this and any YouTube video. In the pantheon of online/web arguments, YouTube comment fighting has to be the worst/funniest/saddest/best of anything out there. I rank it even below IMBD.com's "That was the best movie ever" "No it wasn't it was the worst movie ever..." volleys.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-06-2007, 6:38 AM Reply   
When did CC make a twin engine?
Brian this isnt a report going on CNN or 60 minutes, its a joke. Even though you have the same name as NBCs anchorman you dont have to give everyone a editorial on this subject. Have fun relax.
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       12-06-2007, 7:52 AM Reply   
I hope they make one about Calabria and Mastercraft.
Old     (delbert)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-06-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
- I do not see any advertising message intended or implied in these clips.
- Since it is all in impromptu fun then I guess it is ok to poke, prod, and bash your competitors since it is only in fun and I guess I should not have pointed out the lack of truth and hypocrisy within the clips.

I had the opportunity to spend a day in a relatively new I/O this past year. It was a great boat but did not have the throttle or steering response that I have experienced in the inboard market. I do not believe that the owner even considered the inboard market. To me there is a large opportunity for inboard companies to continually promote their product to this much larger family non hardcore oriented market.

The clips are funny but I just don't see why MC chooses to take this approach in advertising. It is not like they are lacking in ways they could promote their product...Luxury boat made of the highest quality materials, great design, great accessories, numerous models available to fit buyer specific needs, great family boats, involvement in the ski and wakeboard industry, hardcore ski and wake hulls, history of the company, dealer network, expertise of employees, team of top notch athletes, reliability, resale value, owner satisfaction, ability to customize through colors, gel coat patterns, graphic, and accessories....

Billy, The twin engine that I saw was a 1986 (love those 80's)and is on ebay right now (item# 230199151611). Listing sounds like it was a one off or very limited production boat.

Well they are coming back from a commercial here on NBC so I have to go.

edited spelling

(Message edited by delbert on December 06, 2007)
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-06-2007, 10:24 AM Reply   
im sure this is not a commercial that master-craft is airing to promote themselves. im not sure. living in cali i never see master-craft spots on tv. its like a saturday nite live skit. the bigger picture is that "they "used it first for the boating industry. so if someone else uses the same idea to get back at them. then it will be copying. just like the whole pickle fork thing. they were the first to have a pickle fork on a "wake-board" boat. now tige has it. so who really copied who?
Old    K.B.C.            12-06-2007, 10:48 AM Reply   
MC copied Cobalt, doesn't matter that they applied to a so called "wake" boat vs an I/O. A pickle is a pickle. All you MC guys need to get over it and realize they did copy it just like Tige.

C'mon guys, it really isn't a big deal to just admit that MC didn't come up with it first.
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       12-06-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
Brian Williams-----------If you don"t see any advertising in this message, then what message are you getting?
Old     (delbert)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-06-2007, 11:32 AM Reply   
Robert, Read my first post and then the sarcasm at the beginning of my second post may be more evident.
Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-06-2007, 11:35 AM Reply   
not intended to open a Can of worms...
IMO
MC may have gotten the Pickle fork from cobalt...yet...the ahem...wanna be Xstar from that other company....is a blatent copy...hands down..these spots are great...nice change...although I do enjoy the bikinis in most boat ads...Zane...can you please ad that for the next ones!!!
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       12-06-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
Sorry, I was a little slow on that one. OOOOPSS
I still want them to do one about Calabria

(Message edited by rbeckei on December 06, 2007)
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-06-2007, 12:13 PM Reply   
Hey, hey, hey...

Ease up fellas, this is just for fun.

I think it's genius how Zane is stirring interest in his line, and how Billy is keeping all of you so passionately engaged for such a lengthly period of time.

Like it or not, these little clips have had this site and WB all a flutter for going on two weeks now.

Props Zane
Old     (dan_k)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-06-2007, 12:27 PM Reply   
kind of funny since my mc fell apart when i got it took it out when i got it and it fell apart same day went straight back bought a malibu never had a problem .
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-06-2007, 12:44 PM Reply   
Dan you are 16, cant type in a understandable manor, and make a dumb statement like my MC fell apart. You are very credible-Dope!
Old     (yager97)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-06-2007, 1:18 PM Reply   
I'm thinkin its your parents MC also that "fell apart", unless your Macaully Caulkin.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-06-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
Scott, I dont think MC has ever said they were the first to come up with a pickle fork, ever... just the first in a inboard wake boat. Cobalts designer was Peter Granada. When the Cobalt pickle was a flop Peter designed a pickle for the MC group (the XStar) and it has obviously been a success, unlike the Cobalt. Three companies are now using the pickle after MC took it on the chin for several months, having come up with such a so called ugly boat. MB, Tige and Four Winns are now enjoying the pickle. I must say the MB looks more like a gord than a pickle though.

(Message edited by woreout on December 06, 2007)

(Message edited by woreout on December 06, 2007)
Old     (dan_k)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-06-2007, 2:48 PM Reply   
matt i didnt come on here to get slagged thanks for that but yes my parents bought it and the gear box leaked..wheel came loose..some engine problems my dads friend looked at ..ok so didnt fall apart sorry for that but you know what i mean.
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       12-06-2007, 2:55 PM Reply   
Also I would like to see them do one on EPIC. Now that would be funny.

(Message edited by rbeckei on December 06, 2007)
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-06-2007, 3:00 PM Reply   
Here is a NEW one for ya.
I have a guy on my lake that took this photo last week in Denver at the Dollar Rent a car place CLASSIC

Upload
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-06-2007, 4:07 PM Reply   
ha ha ha. i love a good sense of humor.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-06-2007, 6:03 PM Reply   
Nautique is going to be PISSED about that.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-06-2007, 6:11 PM Reply   
You guys are hilarious. Arguing like fifth graders. I will be the first to say "my dad can beat up your dad." You all talk about low freeboard on a cc have you even seen a new 230 220 or 236. These boats are huge. Personally I grew up skiing behind mid 90's prostar and a 93 ski nautique. The cc was solid as a rock and handled like a corvette while the mc was full of rattles. I had my 2000 210 for five years and never took it to the shop for anything but regular mxc. I have friends with mc's and malibus and they love them. I personally will never own anything but a nautique because they are well built and extremely reliable. I am sure all the companies make good boats and some are more innovative than others. Like we all say on here to each their own. Sorry for the novel but it is time to grow up guys. It's supposed to be about the fun of riding not the brand of the ride.
Always remember "winning an argument on the internet is like winning the special olympics, at the end of the day you are still a retard"
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       12-07-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
LOL. Funny crap here man. Nice work Zane, regardless, they're funny. I wonder what the retaliation will be? Will it be *** for tat harmless and fun, or an aggressive attack?
Old    bocephus            12-07-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
COME INTO THE NEXT CENTURY??? WHO'S USING A FREAKIN' PADDLE WHEEL AND WHO IS USING GPS IN THEIR BOATS FOR SPEED CONTROL??

I know I have seen lots of cracked up Mastercrafts on this board - specially around the pickle fork area (Which BTW was a SANGER innovation! and first copied by Brendal), but no cracked up Nautiques...
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-07-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
I am sure it was all in good fun...but advertisers do always seem to go on the attack once their market shares begin to shrink.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-07-2007, 11:32 AM Reply   
Dont forget CCs dash pad that is velcroed on.
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-07-2007, 11:49 AM Reply   
Didn't MC just get bought out? They must not be doing that well....
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-07-2007, 11:54 AM Reply   
yeah your right Roger Penske is known for buying crap.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-07-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
Wow, really didn't think my fellow wakeworlders could be so lame! Come on people.. Who cares that the theme is from MAC? Really! Does it bother you that much? And yes, that was very easy to do impromptu, ever heard of a thrift store? Notice the clothes, and the cardboard cut wedge? Over analyzing is all you're doing. Pulling stuff you "think" happened first, or "remember" a similar idea or innovation. And for the record,

Brian W can't count to 5, and MC probably doesn't care about what online fun they have, thats all it is is fun, they're not paying commercial spots with this.

Bocephus, pretty sure contracts have more to do with that then whats best to use, and if the GPS had (or does) have any flaws, who'll be the first going back to a paddle wheel. Plus isn't it an option on an MC?
There, now I analyzed enough to feel involved!
Funny stuff these videos are, take the owner goggles off.
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-07-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
Billy, yea Penske buys crap then fixes it to make a profit.
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-07-2007, 12:13 PM Reply   
and it still continues, all the commentary...... funny stuff.
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-07-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
you honestly think MC is crap? Personally, I don't think any of the inboards are crap. Every brand makes a great product for their particular market and I believe that to be fact. That being said they all do have some design flaws.

I would be just as happy to own 4 or 5 different brands then just one.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-07-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
sore loser is what it looks like to me. Mastercraft has been heading down and they know it. Truth be known the only area of sales growth for them the last several years has been international. Other boat companies have taken a large share of their domestic market. Looks like capital is needed to right the ship. Oh yea and maybe a lot of negative marketing. Wait, they have been doing that for years and it doesn't work either. They need to get their head out of the sand and realize they are not the big dog anymore. Instead of lying to themselves they need to fix their problems. I used to be MC to the bone but not anymore.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       12-07-2007, 12:28 PM Reply   
Jeepers, waterfreak I'm with ya. The message board fighting over this is on a lot of different sites now. My only bit to add is that if this is "attack" advertising, it is like hitting each over the head with nerf bats, lightly. It is so very anemic.

I thought they could have been at least 50% sharper/meaner on all three that have been made and still not really upset anyone.

Wow was I wrong on that!

(Message edited by juniorhawk on December 07, 2007)
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-07-2007, 12:47 PM Reply   
Sorry, "crap" was not a good choice of words, I personally don't know enough about inboards to tell any major difference between Nautique, MC, Malibu, SC, or Sanger. I demoed all it was just personally preference. I am just having fun because i am bored at work. No harsh intent.
Old     (mastercraft4u)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-07-2007, 2:10 PM Reply   
I just LOVE you NON MASTERCRAFT Owner comments!!!

It trully RECKS of "I WISH I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT A MASTERCRAFT!"

Zane parodies are based on truisms.

Do wedges fall off? Yes they do

Did MC bring the PICKLE FORK design to the INBOARD MARKET 1st? Yes they did?

Is Correct Craft living in the dark ages? Yes

As far as using a paddle wheel in a MC. Ever had a GPS loose track of a satelite? MC is using ZERO OFF in 2008 TT Boats along side Perfect Pass. They are not going to use it till it is proven and accepted.

Penske does not own MC!!! They are investors in MC. They did not buy it. Does BU have an investment company backing them. YES

The one that just left MC looked at BU before investing in MC. Problem was they could not find where BU was making any money. I imagine next year you wiil see CORVETTE BOAT BASEBALL CARDS !

Roger Penske does not invest capitol into a failing company PLEASE...

I hope that Zane makes more of these. It will keep this website busy over the winter.
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-07-2007, 2:20 PM Reply   
Every news article I have ever read on the Penske deal states they bought MC for an undisclosed amount of money, not partnered with it?? Here is an example;

Penske fund partners to buy boatmaker

Roger Penske is now in the boat business.

Automotive entrepreneur Penske is a managing director of Bloomfield Hills-based Transportation Resource Partners L.P., a $265 million private-equity fund that announced Thursday it has partnered with another firm, Boston-based Charlesbank Capital Partners L.L.C., to buy Tennessee-based MasterCraft Boat Co.

The sale price was not disclosed.

In July, the company reported it ended fiscal 2007 with revenue of $199.2 million on the sale of 3,639 boats.

MasterCraft has dominated the high-performance inboard sport market, and is the official tow boat at water-skiing and wakeboard tournaments around the world. CEO and President John Dorton, who will remain with the company, said the firm wants to double revenue in five years.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-07-2007, 2:39 PM Reply   
Hmmm Double in 5 years....guess how. I hear Bass Proshops are looking into the wakeboard market.

Also, I find it hard to dominate in second place. Maybe that is just me.

http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1386
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-07-2007, 2:43 PM Reply   
Larry,
I may not know to much about inboards, but I do know about investments. A Penske backed capital group along w/another equity group purchased the majority interest in the company to avoid it going to auction group for open investment, because the current asset backing group wanted out of the investment because MC was not reaching performance projections established during there investment red line. This link is one of the investment groups that was in the purchase.
http://www.charlesbank.com/invest/current.asp
They are a group that invest in moderate to sub prime investment grade assets (i.e. under performing assets). Now that is not to say CC or any other company was not under performing, but at the time MC was FAILING to meet performance goals (so in the eyes of investors a FAILING COMPANY)
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-07-2007, 2:57 PM Reply   
Come on, WE ALL know Correct Craft makes the best boats on the market hands down!!!!!
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-07-2007, 3:04 PM Reply   
Where do you guys get the idea that cc is in the dark ages. Read up guys the zero off has a paddle wheel to back it up if signal is lost
Old     (ron_mexico)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-07-2007, 3:05 PM Reply   
adding to erik
investors want to make money. so FAILING to meet performance goals means "investor is not putting enough in his pocket" What business owner is truly making as much as he would like to make? This has been a down year in the entire industry, and staying in the black is a pretty decent goal for alot of companies. Sounds to me like the perfect time to buy a company.

I am no investor or anything of the sort. this just seems to makes sense to me.

back to the point. nice videos. the "marketing" is doing it's job by creating a buzz.
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-07-2007, 4:15 PM Reply   
"Hmmm Double in 5 years....guess how."

They will be doing it through their saltwater series boats... the center console boats that have gained in popularity and sales.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-07-2007, 6:32 PM Reply   
The old investors sold out because they had it for enough years to be profitable very profitable in selling MC. Penske (or his investment group)doesnt buy companies that are failing. They buy companies that they can make money with.
Can anyone come up with anything else CC has done besides GPS? The reason CC has it is because they paid to be the exclusive MFG for the first year. Yes they have had problems with it as any new gadget will.
MC may be in 2nd place for sales but is way ahead in dollars. So more boats and less money made? Sounds like Bu may be the one hurting.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-08-2007, 12:12 AM Reply   
billy,
seriously dude read the writing on the wall. MC has been going down since about 90 or 91 everyone knows it. They have negative marketing to try and help their case. If you were making plenty of money would you want to share it with some one? No, but if you were losing money, would it be time to pitch some crap and talk someone into bailing you out? Yes. Man, you obviously have some good sources, but i am just going on what employees of Mastercraft tell me. They got problems and they need to get fixed. They aren't number 1 and its time to get on another train.
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-08-2007, 5:07 AM Reply   
Matt,

Pretty obvious that you are sniffing or drinking to much of that Tennessee pontoon cleaner in Sweetwater!

What are your sources? Why don't you email Billy them. MC going under HA HA HA. Investors do not invest in sinking ships. They invest to make money. Sure you are not from that other factory up the steet? Please spare us the "MaliTruths"

MC going under since 1990. Do you really think that a failing company 18 years later would still be around?
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-08-2007, 6:12 AM Reply   
FYI they are only in second place by a small margin of boat sales. I can guarantee you they will be in first place next year. From a year ago Q2 sales for 2007 MC is up +8.34% where Malibu is -1.46% in sales for the same year span. Numbers don't lie unlike you Matt c.
Old     (zaneschwenk)      Join Date: Apr 2004       12-08-2007, 7:09 AM Reply   
OMG this is hillarious, the vids were made to be funny, and they are FUNNY, man if you bought another boat that is your decision, I am just happy to hear you are on the water wakeboarding, that is called supporting growth in the industry. Please take a step back and laugh a little, these vids were made to make you giggle a bit, have a sense of humor will ya!?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-08-2007, 7:22 AM Reply   
^^Agreed!
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-08-2007, 7:34 AM Reply   
Zane what the hell do you know?
Zane is right, I'm just glad I'm on the MC side of the tracks though.
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-08-2007, 9:12 AM Reply   
I just dont understand why CC is in the dark ages? I feel like their line up is too different, and obscure looking for most people. Like with their redesigned interiors that are ugly and their odd looking dash set up.

Yes im a CC owner so its not like im an MC person bashing CC
Old     (jmv)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-08-2007, 10:04 AM Reply   
Look what you've done Zane. Bashing Malibu and Tige was OK, but messing w/ CC is sacrilegious. You're definitely going to hell.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-08-2007, 10:40 AM Reply   
Im a Correct Craft......

Upload

Im a Mastercraft....

Upload

i saw this posted on the Nautique forum, thought it was too Funny not to share!!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-08-2007, 10:47 AM Reply   
From an engineering stand point, using velcro for the dash is a really good idea. It makes it a lot easier for a mechanic to get back there if anything goes wrong (less labor for you to pay for), less fasteners that CC uses (so hopefully it saves you money, but probably not), velcro won't rattle or come loose like fasteners, and velcro is fairly strong. It may seem cheaper to do it that way, and it is, but it also has benefits.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-08-2007, 12:33 PM Reply   
Wrong, all wrong. IM A WAKECRAFT!

Upload
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-08-2007, 12:37 PM Reply   
wakecraft has way less bling than mastercraft
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-08-2007, 1:16 PM Reply   
Ya know what Eric your right, I was way off!

Upload
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-08-2007, 1:59 PM Reply   
LOL..... looks like a pimp my ride edition of wakeboats. Now if only that trailer has some air shocks for some bouncing.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-08-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
I meant their quality has been going down since the early 90's. That is a fact that can't be argued with. Do they still make a good boat? yes. Are they as good as they were in 80's no they aren't. Are they worth the price difference compared to other inboards? Years ago yes, today no.
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-08-2007, 2:39 PM Reply   
Matt(duckguy)

Upload
Upload

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/522495.html?1196449167

Upload
like I said wakecraft has way less bling than mastercraft
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-08-2007, 2:58 PM Reply   
I am impressed that Matt c remembers MasterCraft in the early 90's...he was around 8-9 years old. And the 80's??? Hmmm
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-08-2007, 3:08 PM Reply   
If their quality has been going down since the early 90's, I must get really lucky. I put 800 hours on a boat in less than 9 months, and all I do is change the oil and fluids when they are supposed to be changed, and the impeller at the recommended time. People are amazed at my boats when I turn them in, they are honestly immaculate. I see plenty of other rider boats(from other manufacturers) with a quarter of the hours on them that don't run as well, look as well, etc. I know a lot of it has to do with the owner, but I have 5 random people in my boat every week that don't really give a crap what they do to my boat. Trust me, the quality is there! And, I would say that EVERY manufacturers quality has gone up from the 80's just by default: better materials and build techniques. I could be wrong, but doubt it. And, if you spent the time I do in a boat, I think you would say the difference in price is worth it. I know people call BS because I am sponsored by MasterCraft, but I honestly mean it.

Now back on topic. I think the videos are pretty funny. But, it wouldn't be wakeworld if people didn't get pissed!
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-08-2007, 3:58 PM Reply   
Travis good post. I know people have their favorites and every builder makes good ones and bad ones. I realize this is supposedly a goofy joke on youtube, but to me it is more negative marketing from Mastercraft. If Mastercraft wants to get back to number 1 do it by building good boats and standing behind them, not by negative marketing. On another note, I have been in and around several boats, and there were things about Mastercraft that I liked. However, there were things I didn't including the arrogant attitude of the dealers and the plant. Obviously, others have had better experiences with them. I just get ticked about them making fun of other companies when they have plenty of problems of their own.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-08-2007, 4:46 PM Reply   
1. PWT is a special edition-and in no way as blinged out as a WC. You think that that PWT has more bling? I dont think so, even though I will agree it is "more blinged out".

2. Rusty's boat is a pro model boat designed to be eye grabbing and is just a sticker.

3. Do not confuse bling and high end touches like billet aluminum and CNC pieces. I have included a few pics of my 07 to illustrate.(which by the way is for sale to make room for the X-star on its way)

I feel as though MC makes the best wake boat in the industry. I have owned going on 10 boats from MC to Hydrostream so I know what a good boat is. I feel as though there are many other options are out there and it is great that anyone be fortunate enough to be out on the water enjoying their boat. I feel that some companies have a few areas to improve in as im sure we can all agree including MC. As for the Penske thing. Mark my words, this is going to make MC a company that it could never of dreamed it could be. In terms of R&D and the ability to borrow from its automotive companies, you will see some amazing things from them in the future. Also lets not forget our dealers and the hard work that they do to keep this industry going. Because lets face it, Honda sells more Civics in a day than MC sells boats all year. My dealer REDLINE WATERSPORTS up in Madison here continues to blow my mind with the level of service and commitment to the sport. I would love to see Skipper Buds spend one dollar to throw a movie premier night or an experience wakeboarding day. As for the commercials- guys its just a joke, take it easy. I think all of us could laugh at a Hi I'm a Mastercraft(surronded by loan payment books).

Upload
Upload
Upload