Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-31-2009, 9:49 AM Reply   
OK guys, if you have a question regarding your wetsounds speakers, EQ, or amp here is the answer. At least it's the answer in all the bazillion wetsounds question threads so far!

CALL GYVER!! - He knows the answer to your question!!
Call toll free 1-877-WET-SPKR (938-7757)
Or email to info@wetsounds.com

If you can't figure out how to call Gyver or email him try this link

I hope that answers everyone's questions!

BTW, Tim White, I think you should stop answering people on the forums... Just email them and stop encouraging lazy people!

RANT OVER!
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-31-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
Nice of you to speak for some one else's company. I think if Tim really had a problem with this he would have let people know by now.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-31-2009, 10:15 AM Reply   
Too many threads regarding the SAME old wetsound ?'s. I couldnt agree with Sam more, why not email or make a phone call like you would for technical suport on anything else?
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-31-2009, 10:16 AM Reply   
Aaron,
I'm not talking for Tim's company, I'm talking for myself! How many threads do we need on the same topic??
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-31-2009, 10:25 AM Reply   
This whole board is full of the same old questions. What boat? What stereo? How much ballast etc. I guess they should close the topic boards and just let every one search for their questions in a previous posted thread about the same thing?
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-31-2009, 10:28 AM Reply   
Should I run the EQ on the wetsounds 4sum?

What if I have a black boat - will they work?
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-31-2009, 10:29 AM Reply   
While I agree with you somewhat, I have to disagree with you also. Generally the questions have some differences to them, but in the wetsounds questions they are all the same and the answers are all the same... CALL Gyver. I seriously doubt Tim would mind this thread either, like you are imply. Any publicity is good publicity... unless of course you are Mastercraft and get Gene mad at you.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-31-2009, 10:45 AM Reply   
I can see the point that people can sometimes be lazy and rely on this discussion board for tech support answers, but it really cracks me up how upset people get over threads on which they have no obligation to click.

The reason why Wet Sounds questions are so common on WakeWorld is because there is a representative of that company (the owner, no less) that takes a helluvalot of time out of his life to come on here and service his customers and make sure they are happy. He does this without blatantly promoting his product or coming anywhere close to violating our no-advertising policy. I believe Tim is an example to every industry person out there on how to properly utilize a forum for the benefit of both your company and the forum community. Those of you that have been on here for a while probably remember Brett Thurley from Tige and how he did the same thing several years ago.

I wish we had a Tim or Brett from every company in the industry that would take the time to come on here and assist forum members who also happen to be their customers. This is what the forum is all about!!
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-31-2009, 10:48 AM Reply   
It seems as if some of these threads people are trying to find out if any one else has had this problem. They may not really be looking for an answer from Tim? "has anyone had this problem(______). I think if Tim wanted a thread like yours he would have started it. Your post seems like it bothers you that people ask these questions? If it should bother anyone it should be Tim and apparently it does not. Your bold print,exclamations and calling people lazy... well it does not look good.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-31-2009, 10:50 AM Reply   

quote:

By Aaron Ware (99_slaunch) on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 10:48 am:

Your bold print,exclamations and calling people lazy... well it does not look good.

Doesn't look good to who?
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-31-2009, 10:54 AM Reply   
Mr. David Williams,
I fully understand your point, however I still think it is really funny to see the very same questions with the very same answer over and over.

I THINK Tim must be a little annoyed since instead of actually answering the questions now, he now simply tells them to call Gyver. I am sure that Tim has the knowledge to answer the question himself...}
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-31-2009, 11:02 AM Reply   
I don't mind all the threads, like David said, nobody forces you to click on it.

As a poster with a Wet Sounds question/issue, a separate thread specific to my question/issue will keep the info I am looking for from being lost in a large consolidated thread.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-31-2009, 11:02 AM Reply   
If you think its funny they why get bent about it and direct his customers on what to do. You don't like it then don't click on it. It is that simple. You could always go to another board where you might not see the same old questions.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-31-2009, 11:07 AM Reply   

quote:

By Aaron Ware (99_slaunch) on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 11:02 am:

If you think its funny they why get bent about it and direct his customers on what to do. You don't like it then don't click on it. It is that simple. You could always go to another board where you might not see the same old questions.

Who is bent? Aaron, do you know what sarcasm is? You seem like the one who is bent... I think this is funny as do some others...
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-31-2009, 11:28 AM Reply   
Sam,

I kind of agree with you, but at the same time, isn't that what a forum is for? You post up a question and others answer it. This I believe is the spirit of such a forum. To spread knowledge and gain knowledge. I have been getting annoyed lately with people being rude to new comers who ask which boat is best out of X, Y and Z. They don't need a bunch of smart ass comments, they are looking for info.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-31-2009, 12:00 PM Reply   
I think a better thread would have been one to encourage others to use the search function before they post their question.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-31-2009, 12:04 PM Reply   
yeah, i agree with the site owner. my guess is half of ALL questions posted in the boat section have already been answered. it amazes me that people get upset about it. don't read it if it bothers you so much. and as for asking supporting business owners to stop answering questions regarding their products, well, that's plain silly. i'd also add, be careful what you wish for.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-31-2009, 12:11 PM Reply   
^agreed.

And it's not just wetsounds or stereo questions. This time of the year it's "boat x vs boat y" or my favorite "why won't my boat start". Cuz you haven't charged the battery, bonehead!!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-31-2009, 12:18 PM Reply   
These bothersome questions are what this section of the board is for.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-31-2009, 1:23 PM Reply   
NO hate this section of the board is for disagreeing with each other like I just did with you!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-31-2009, 1:32 PM Reply   
Sam, like it or not, thats what the site is for!

Great thread dude, great thread.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-31-2009, 1:50 PM Reply   
Scott, I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       03-31-2009, 1:56 PM Reply   
Sam I would stop looking at Wakeworld for like a month. This works for me. I know it is hard and there is a 12 step program that can help you through this hard time. Then maybe when the month is over you will not be so upset when you still see the same questions once again posted.

Maybe you can get some work done. Mow your lawn, pull some weeds, clean the garage, or wash the dog. Speaking of all those things I better get off Wakeworld before my wife comes home.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-31-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   
Looks like (not counting this thread) there are 8 that have to do with wetsounds.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-31-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
Once again, I'm not really upset, I don't get upset over silly stuff like this. I'm just making fun of all the same questions with all the same answers... Uhmm.. ya, you should call Gyver, he can help you...

The real problem is that my boat has been at my wonderful dealers for about a month now and I usually ride at least once a week - year around.
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-31-2009, 2:36 PM Reply   
I am putting my first. (do it your self)wetsounds system together little by little and I have done 90% of it by reading and searching the boards and checking tims responses! its great to read other peoples ideas and problems, I have answered my own questions time and time again by searching the boards. (I thought thats what message boards were for?)And I must admit I go through and click on all the wetsounds topics first in the afternoons. then read up on the rest. just my 2 cents. This website is really addictive! I love reading all the drama! its like springer on here
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-31-2009, 2:41 PM Reply   
I have one....

Which is better Wetsounds or NVS?
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-31-2009, 2:45 PM Reply   

quote:

By jaubrey (jaubrey) on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 2:41 pm:

I have one....

Which is better Wetsounds or NVS?

Didn't Grant answer that question a couple days ago... something about a semi hubcap or something or other...
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-31-2009, 3:02 PM Reply   
Which amp should I get?
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-31-2009, 3:13 PM Reply   
is 85 watts enough to run 8 sets of nvs deviants?
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-31-2009, 3:23 PM Reply   
Just call Gyver...
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-31-2009, 4:10 PM Reply   
LOL!

I truly don't mind answering questions with regards to set up and system design etc...The call Gyver part is in reference to warranty issues. As there is no way to diagnose a warranty issue online. Plus who better to help than the manufacturer vs. posting! And in the end, you will have to call Gyver and get an RA to send the part in anyway.

So I am happy to help in anyway I can. But if it is a warranty type deal. Just call the office and ask for Gyver and we will take care of it!!

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (bchesley)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-31-2009, 8:43 PM Reply   
Tim,

The product is just so dope people cant quit talking about it. I am a fan FO SHO!!!
Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-01-2009, 9:17 AM Reply   
so here is a legit question.

When I am wiring an LED strip into my Pro 60x speaker, where is the power source? what do I splice into? I do not want to damage the speaker. thanks.
Old     (cweed)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-01-2009, 9:25 AM Reply   
To power the LED, you need a hamster, hamster wheel (preferably marine rated w/ coated pcb), and 10 awg wire...
Hang the wheel from the tower, wire in the lights and watch the little bugger run.
Old     (t0nyv831)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-01-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
^^^^^^^LMAO!!!LOL.... Good one...
Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-01-2009, 1:45 PM Reply   
Corey, do you have an actual answer? You obviously have so much time on your hands. . .
Old     (cweed)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-01-2009, 1:58 PM Reply   
The actual answer would be to run whatever voltage is necessary for your particular LED application, probably to a switch. You'll probably need to run wires into the tower if some don't already exist. There is no good way to power LEDs off the signal coming from your audio amps.
Sorry the April fools bug has hit the Internet, nothing is safe today.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-01-2009, 3:20 PM Reply   
That is some pretty funny stuff right there!

Abe,

The speakers come with a 4 pole speaker connector. Only 2 poles are used for the speaker. 1+ and 1-. So this leaves 2+ and 2- available for LED lights.

So you need to run another pair of wires to the speaker connector for the LED's from a 12 volt source. And use a switch so you can turn them off and on.

On the inside, there is 2 unused spades from the 2+ and 2-. You will hook up a pair of wires there from the back of the connector to the front of the housing. You will then need to drill a tiny hole in the housing and the frame of the speaker to run this wire to the LED rings. Then you connect the LED's and re install everything.

If you do not feel comfortable doing this. You can contact us and we can find a dealer near you that can do it

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (smith86)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-01-2009, 4:34 PM Reply   
Tim I have a very important ?
How do i get the hook up on freed wetsounds speaker set up???
hahaha
(just kidding, unless you really want to hook me up)
I think its great you take time out of your day to get on here and help out your customers. that says alot about you and your company.
Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-01-2009, 4:51 PM Reply   
Tim, do you have any photos of where the hole would be drilled on a pro 60x? These are on my Malibu tower. I feel comfortable doing it, I just don't want to jack my speaker housing
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-01-2009, 5:01 PM Reply   
Call Gyver.. Just kidding.

Usually the best location is the very bottom of front baffle. Best thing to do is the same location as the screw holes. So if you line up the hole near one of the screw openings and drill a small hole to the side of it.

I wish I had some pics. We will get some step by step and some pics soon. Just been so busy, haven't had a chance to catch up on manuals etc...

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-02-2009, 8:42 AM Reply   
I do agree with Sam it does get old hearing the same questions being asked daily over and over. I rememeber looking at the home page and seeing like 6 questions under one another all in one day asking my speakers dont work what should I do, which ones should I get, etc. One thing I can say is by Tim being on hear he gets a lot of advertisement and is probable making a killing! Good Job Tim.

I agree one doesnt have to go into the thread if they dont like hearing it over and over, but you'd think the search feature was designed for a reason? Also if I was having issues I would just call the place where I got them so I could get a quick immediate answer, but then again Tim seems to be on here alot so lets not use the search feature and keep asking the same questions.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-02-2009, 10:00 AM Reply   
I just get sick of seing all the Wetsound threads cause I cant afford to buy them right now, so till then I have no choice but to be a hater. :-)
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-02-2009, 10:00 AM Reply   
What do you think Tim?

http://www.bulletlines.com/servlet/the-Krypt-Marine-Audio-cln-Wakeboard-Tower-Equalizer/Categories

At that price I will buy one, if the quality is the same....

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Ski-boat-accessories/krypt-marine-audio.html

(Message edited by wakeboardsam on April 02, 2009)
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-02-2009, 10:13 AM Reply   
Sam which is better wetsounds or Bullets?
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-02-2009, 10:30 AM Reply   
Not sure... I have heard rave reviews about every wetsounds product though. The bullet products, like the ropes, seem to be a good deal for the money. Although our bullet line fell apart they did warranty it with no questions asked. I almost think that the EQ's are the same and are from some supplier that is now selling them to other retailers under their own brands... similar to the LED lights we are seeing from China that are all the same...
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-02-2009, 10:47 AM Reply   
Ya everything seems to be from china, design it and ship it overseas, stock the product and ship. Its a nice way to make $.

I was just wondering since I have the 7.7" MC tower speakers and just ordered the 7.7HLCD speakers the other day. They are significantly cheaper 475.00 and will drop right into my cans by just adding a few holes. I was looking at wetsounds but Tim will not sell the speakers alone and Id have to do some serious mods to get them to fit.

Anyone else hear the two before? Thoughts? I think ill be happy since they are horn drivers anyway!
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-02-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
serious mods on an 08 X-2? you would simply buy the PRO80MC version and they'd bolt right onto your existing clamps wouldn't they? and then assuming your JL's were in decent shape still, you could sell them to another MC owner and recoupe I would think at least half of your investment in the WS.

(Message edited by brucemac on April 02, 2009)
Old     (bsmith17)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-02-2009, 2:27 PM Reply   
Sam - for the record I have spoken directly with folks at Wet Sounds as well as many many other manufactures. I was seeking the opinion of people that may not have the glaring conflict of interest that many company employees might. The web was supposed to connect people for the unbiased dissemination of thoughts and ideas (especially the pages specifically designated as forums). Truly sorry that all of us with WS threads are wasting your time and space…
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-02-2009, 3:03 PM Reply   
Brandon, you obviously can't read, I would refer you to my above post regarding SARCASM! Thanks for your apology though... apology accepted!
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-02-2009, 3:08 PM Reply   
Yes serious mods on an X2!! MacDaddy-I do not like the fiberglass enclosures, they have no front lights and the aluminum enclosures look a heck of a lot better IMO. So I am taking out the non-horn style speakers and replacing them with the 7.7 bullets. THe looks will still be there and they should rock at 75'.

IMO-The wetsound speakers look sweet however going with their enclosures again IMO would be going backwards. Too bad they didnt have the aluminum enclosures, but if they did it would add 1500.00.
Old     (bsmith17)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-02-2009, 3:25 PM Reply   
Sam - no hard feelings
And your correct I have little trouble reading but it is a genetic disorder so really cannot help it.