Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-11-2008, 2:31 PM Reply   
I will try to make this long story as short as possible. I found a 2007 Malibu at a Malibu dealership for a great price. Boat checked out great so put a deposit down to buy it. I had to sell my boat and I finally did but for 6 grand below book value. I pretty much took what I owed on it because I was getting a great deal on this other boat. During this process I signed a deal sheet with the dealership to buy the Malibu for the price we agreed upon. Deal sheet says "buyer agrees to buy and seller agrees to sell"etc....I finalized the selling of my boat, secured financing for the Malibu and the day after all this is completed they call me and tell me they can not sell me the boat.

They say he GM that was here just got fired because he made some bad deals. They can not sell me the 2007 cause I live out of the area and they would get in trouble because of the whole territory sales thing which I understood but they told me when I looked at it that it was a one owner boat.

Now they say they can probably sell it to me but for 5 grand more then the signed deal sheet. They are also looking around for another boat like the one I was going to buy but I think they are full of it.

Any advice on what to do? They made the mistake so shouldnt they HAVE to sell me the boat for the price on the deal sheet? Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

(Message edited by ericlee on January 11, 2008)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-11-2008, 2:42 PM Reply   
what is the wording on the agreement say? let me be the first to say that sucks and that is VERY poor business practices by this dealership.
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-11-2008, 2:44 PM Reply   
If they don't honor their agreement they signed with a current employee at that time then go elsewhere with your business. If they can change the agreement to suit their needs so can you.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       01-11-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
Do you have a copy of the deal sheet?
If it was me I would move on and buy another boat from another dealer, dosent sound like a dealership I would want to buy a boat from, with the GM getting fired and then the dealer trying to get 5 grand more out of you, on a deal thats was already agreed upon.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-11-2008, 2:53 PM Reply   
yeah, but he took a huge loss on the sale of his boat due to the deal he was getting, that is the kicker. he sold the boat at that cost only because of the deal he'd been promised. Total BS!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-11-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
It sounds to me like you made an agreement with the dealership, not the GM, and that agreement still stands. They can fire whoever they want for whatever crazy stuff he may have done, but if you made a good faith agreement to buy the boat, they will have to stand by it.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-11-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
Eric that is B.S. that territory thing only applies for new boats not used. The dealer sounds like an ahole and I'd move on. If they can't sell it to you for the agreed price why can they sell it to you for 5k more. No offense Eric but you were asking way to much for your boat when trying to sell it, you probably got what it was worth.

(Message edited by 05mobiuslsv on January 11, 2008)
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-11-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
Here is what the agreement says...
Subject to terms and conditions stated on this agreement. Seller agrees to sell and the purchaser agrees to purchase the following described property..

The bottom says....Purchaser agrees that this order includes all of the terms and conditions set forth. This order cancel and supersedes any prior agreement and as of this date(12-21)comprises the complete and exclusive statement of the terms of this agreement. This order shall not become binding until accepted by dealer or his authorized representitive. (they signed for it) Dealer shall not be obligated to sell until approval of the terms is given by a bank or finance company(I already completed the paperwork for the loan) Purchaser by his execution of this order certifies that he is of legal age to execute binding contract in this state and acknowledges that he had read terms and conditions set forth in this agreement and has received a copy of this contract.

As far as taking my business elsewhere the other boats like this on are all at least 10k more.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-11-2008, 2:57 PM Reply   
Tell him you will sue unless he honors the agreement.
Old     (merrion13)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-11-2008, 2:59 PM Reply   
You should scan/copy the agreement and post the wording here. Curious to see what the fine print is for the document, but I agree with everyone else that you had an agreement with the dealership and they should honor it, regardless of firing the GM.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-11-2008, 3:00 PM Reply   
They make you sign to lock you in at that price and to buy the boat. It also locks them in to selling you that boat for that price as well. It's not your fault the old GM sold in the gutter. The price is what it is. They need to eat the cost and give you the boat. Or pay the 5K and say you want 5k worth of stuff and maintenance on the boat.
Or Take it up with Malibu themselves. When in doubt go over their heads to Malibu Headoffice. Tell them if the dealer doesn't make things right you'll go buy a mastercraft.
Old     (merrion13)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-11-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
Sorry, you posted as i was writing my last reply. I'm curious why the dealer is telling you that they can't sell you the boat per your agreement because of a territory thing, but all of a sudden his territory conflict goes away if you pay him $5K more?
Any lawyers on here willing to provide more insight on whether or not this agreement is binding?
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-11-2008, 3:06 PM Reply   
I listed exactly what the deal sheet says in my last post....the rest of the stuff on the sheet just lists my info as well as the boat info and price for everything. I will try to post the sheet.

As far as contacting Malibu head office the dealership said they are working with them to find me a boat they can sell me but I am smelling BS on that one.
Old     (kvoman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-11-2008, 3:15 PM Reply   
You're getting scammed.

That's a legal and binding agreement if they signed it. As far as the GM gotten canned, the court doesn't care when the GM got canned. As long as the GM signed and dated the paperwork when he WAS the authorized representative of the dealer, that's legal and binding.

You can tell the dealer to a) sell it to you according to the contract or b) tell them that you will sue them in Civil Court where they will have to pay attorney fees (yours and theirs) also when they lose and will still have to sell the boat to you at the agreed upon price.

Fax your agreement to the Malibu Head Office and tell them that too. They got their heads in their asses!!!

Any attorney in your area would love to get this sure win lawsuit!!! Hell, if they just write the letter to the dealer, they can bill the dealer for that time too!!!

(Message edited by kvoman on January 11, 2008)
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-11-2008, 3:17 PM Reply   
....total bs....its a written agreement.

two choices

1. move on....see what else they come up with
2. take it as far as you want to....but if it starts costing you money.....see #1

....soory to hear that eric...that totally sucks!
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-11-2008, 3:17 PM Reply   
Call Malibu. I have a feeling the whole territory thing is so that dealers can move boats in that area and not undersell the dealers close by and have customers gladly driving the extra hours to save thousands.

I am no lawyer, but the sales agreement is signed, and it might have some binding to it. Contact the BBB in your area, this is bait and switch, but perhaps not intentionally and find out what the rules are on those sales agreements.

This is amateur BS whatever the case. Call Malibu and see if they will honor the same deal in your area.
Old     (kal_dude)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-11-2008, 3:24 PM Reply   
are they going to go back to the other people that the GM made "bad" deals with and get more money from them??????? tell them to honor your agreed upon deal, or your walking away from it! they will come around, or you don't want to deal with them in the long run anyway!!!! you could pay a lawyer to call them, most of the time they will want to settle with out going to court!
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-11-2008, 3:31 PM Reply   
They say they are telling other customers the same thing that they can not sell the boats the customers were going to buy. I would love to move on and buy somewhere else but the dealer here locally (btw the dealer here is awesome) is more than 10k more than them for the same boat. I think the dealership is losing money and trying to get out of it. BUt thats not my fault. Their mistake they need to eat it I think
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-11-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
Now I just bought a boat and I signed one of those agreements. Now before I sign anything I have my lawyer look at it. According to him that agreement doesn't offer much protection to either side. Legally you can still pull out of the deal as can the dealer. What it is there for is if they set up the boat to your specific request (i.e. audio, graphics, ect) they can recoup those costs for Labor and equipment to basically make the boat back to a stock equipment so that theoretically it will be easier to sell. For you it binds them to set up the boat to your specifications per that agreement or you have the ability to take your business elsewhere w/a full refund of your deposit. Again that is a 2nd hand legal opinion, so I may have got it wrong, also may be different in different states. All in all it will cost you more then 5K to sue.
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-11-2008, 3:44 PM Reply   
i would hold the boat and make his butt sue you to get it back
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-11-2008, 3:48 PM Reply   
Umm Scott you may want to read a little further up buddy
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-11-2008, 3:59 PM Reply   
judge judy would side with you. call her up
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-11-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
Judge Judy only allows 5k to sue for...god I feel like a tool for actually knowing that...Great advice out there....

My big gripe is that I could have sold my boat for at least 3k more in the spring but I took the loss because I thought we had a contract to purchase this boat...
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-11-2008, 4:53 PM Reply   
before mentioning suing or lawyers make sure you call malibu and talk the situation over. someone on here probabaly knows who to start with. They should be part of the solution. once you mention lawyers they are done with you so don't use this as a bluff, but as a fact when you say it.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-11-2008, 4:57 PM Reply   
The dealership says they are talking to Malibu...should I just call Malibu myself and talk to them myself? Anyone know of anyone I should talk to that they have dealt with or know would help me?
Old     (lakeski)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-11-2008, 5:06 PM Reply   
If you can't resolve it directly, have a lawyer write a pointed letter for you with the threat of further legal action. Perhaps you may find that a letter on a law firm's letterhead will cause the dealership to rethink things.

You are already out a significant loss on your old boat. You need to play hardball and don't take no for an answer.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       01-11-2008, 5:31 PM Reply   
I think they should honor the written, and signed, agreement.

What if it were the other way around? I'm sure they'd make you buy it, if you decided (after you signed an agreement) you didn't want to make the purchase.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-11-2008, 5:52 PM Reply   
I write sales agreements all the time and unfortunately a handwritten buyers order is about as good as a handshake. I also know each state is different and boats are different than cars. I know we/the seller become liable for almost anything written on the buyers order once the buyer has actually taken delivery and has left the lot.

I would just be persistant, firm, and respectful. I hope it works out for you and I am pretty sure you are allowed to sell an 07 out of territory this time of the year.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-11-2008, 6:16 PM Reply   
Take them to small claims for your losses on your sold boat. It is a fun and educational experience if you have the time. I have $7k worth of free (damaged) flooring in my house thanks to small claims and my credit card company.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-11-2008, 6:29 PM Reply   
eric i know what dealer you are talking about and they have a good relationship with malibu. Malibu will frown upon this business practice, maybe if you call the tn plant and speak with the right person, they will make them sell it to you. However, it will be your word against their's. Also, this isn't the first time I have heard of that dealer doing this type of thing. Usually if the deal sounds too good it is.
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-11-2008, 6:54 PM Reply   
Matt,

You contradict yourself here buddy.

Quote "they have a good relationship with malibu"

Quote "Also, this isn't the first time I have heard of that dealer doing this type of thing"

So what is it? They have a good relationship with BU Corp because they do this all the time?
This type of sales stragedy is allowed?

All that so called "INSIDE" info that you have from Tenn from MC and BU has gone to your head.

Lets call a spade a spade...who is the LUCKY dealer who screwed up?

You have a SIGNED contract someone better live upto it!!!
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
They have to sell you the boat at that price regardless if they got rid of an employee, if the contract was signed.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-11-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
The contract/deal sheet was signed and faxed back to them. It has mine and the sales guy signed under the authorized dealer spot. They tell me that it was a mistake price and it was the last GM's fault for the wrong price.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-11-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
They don't have to do anything, but they gave their word and should honor the price. It would never hold up in court but they should and hopefully will do the right thing.
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-11-2008, 8:39 PM Reply   
I'm sure the GM still had to approve it through the dealership before you signed the papers so they cant really put the blame on them if they approved it.. right?
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-11-2008, 11:39 PM Reply   
Just a quick question, I realy agree they should honor the price, does the purchase agreement give a timeline on when the purchase must be completed? Some state that with in 7 days this purchase agreement will be void? I agree, take your business elsewhere..
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-12-2008, 12:30 AM Reply   
pass on it... crappy dealer.. they should be thankful they found a buyer - give them a month or two to sit on it.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-12-2008, 1:55 AM Reply   
i didn't want to read everyone elses posts but here's my advise. when you signed the deal the leader heading on it or somewhere in there probably has the dealers name. therefore you made the aggrement with the dealer not the GM that probably came out of the car business and doesn't relize that boats are a lil different. its an 07 used or new its a non current being the 08's are out and they can sell it in whatever territory they want. the owner of the dealership needs to be a little more involved in whats going on with the deals. a boat deal at my family's dealership isn't signed by anyone without the approval of one of my parents. i don't care how big the dealership is all the salesman has to say is hey boss i've got this boat sold on a (whatever percent margin) are u fine with that. it takes 2 seconds. if you end up buying the boat for your aggreed price i probably wouldn't take it back to that dealer for service being they might be mad about this deal if they loose that 5 grand. if its a used boat you could probably take it to your local dealer tell them you bought it used and they probably wont have any problem working on it. good luck.
Old     (towboat_222)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-12-2008, 6:43 AM Reply   
I'm a dealer. What is being pulled is BS. I have made a few deals i wish I could do that on. As far as territories in inboards it is area code. The contract you signed was it a sales agreement if so it is not binding read small print on back. I suggest get your deposite and find another boat. You or the dealer will not trust each other after this anyway.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-12-2008, 7:47 AM Reply   
I would for sure never take that boat back to the dealer if you do get it.

You have damages, so I would write the dealer a certified letter asking him to honor the contract, or repay you for the loss on your boat. In the letter I would send them copies of the agreement, so they know you have all paperwork. If they do not do one of those things you ask, then file a small claims court claim for the total loss on your boat, or the maximum small court claim in your state if it does not cover your total loss. When served with a suit they will take you seriously.

Thinking this thru a little more... I would say you have 2 contracts here for the boat. You have a verbal contract and a written contract: both are legally binding. However, the written supersedes the verbal. In any case you contracted with them in good faith to purchase their boat on paper, and you probably verbaly contracted with the old GM that you would sign the sales agreement on the condition that your boat would be sold by you first before purchasing their boat.

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-12-2008, 7:47 AM Reply   
The deal sheet/contract has the company letterhead at the top. As far as fine print there is none on the back. There is nothing on the back. I posted what the fine print was and I think that it clearly states this being a binding contract. Is anyone a BU dealer that can tell me if the territory thing on an 07 is BS or can they sell it to me.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-12-2008, 8:20 AM Reply   
If you do take lakeski's advice, I would caution you to just send one demand letter and see how far it gets you. You want to avoid your attorney and their attorney sending letters back and forth. They will rack up legal fees.

I'd personally just go key both sides of the boat:-)
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       01-12-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
I beleive that the territory is probably legit. I am sure dealers in other territories were complaining that they were being undercut and losing business. The extra $5000 is probably more in line with the other dealers.

I agree with many of the above posts that we still have not seen the terms and conditions of the contract. You referred to them in your post, but never posted any. If what you posted above is your entire contract, then it is referring to terms and conditions from somewhere (where are they?)

Not knowing how much you have talked to the dealer, I would: 1) sit down and talk with the dealer and tell them every thing you have done to make this deal happen. 2) tell them you expect them to honor this deal. 3) Inform what you will do if they do not honor this deal 4) follow thru.

I would suggest that your first step after talking to them would be to contact Malibu directly before taking any legal action that will cost you time and money.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-12-2008, 9:51 AM Reply   
Eric-(i know this is long but here it goes) i'm dealer but not a BU dealer. when a dealership signs up with a boat manufacture they don't sign a frachise agrement. with that not signed there is no territory that they have to obbey by and no pricing that they have to sale the boats at. the territory agrement is basically just a verbal aggrement. do we sell out of our territory no. by staying in your own territory it keeps a good relationship between all the dealers so if the next dealer over has a boat a customer wants we can just dealertrade with them instead of them selling the boat to my customer. with that boat being an 07 the territory agrement goes out the windo. any boat thats a non current is free game and can be sold to anywhere the dealer wants to sell to. when buying out of your territory you run into another problem with warranty work. at most dealership if you take a boat to them and say, hey i bought this boat from so and so and have 5 grand worth of warranty work that i need you to do, they are going to tell you to take a hike. out of that 5 grand warranty work they are probably only going to get paid around 3,500 or so. getting paid on warranty work on boats is real weird and confusing. there's nothing that says any dealer(in your case Malibu) has to do warranty work on any of their products. some dealers may tell you ooooooo no don't worry your local dealer will do all the work. the reps can call the dealer all they want a try to get them to do the work but they really don't have to. what happenes at most dealership and what we do at our is we tell the customer that spent their 65 grand over the hill with someone else, that they'll have to wait antill we can fit them into a spot or antill we slow down a little. i'm sorry but i'm not going to put my customer on hold that payed good money for their boat with us and good money to have work done on their boat for someother guy that saved 800 bucks by going to the next dealer. accorse if a guy bought a boat and then moved into our territory a year later we're going to treat him as if he bought the boat from us. with all that being said i always encourage buying from and supporting your local dealer. it might just be better for you to walk away from this and try to work a deal with your dealer during their boat show.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-12-2008, 1:20 PM Reply   
Eric does not have the terms and conditions on his purchase order because they faxed him a copy. He has only a copy of the front of the purchase order, almost all faxes are one sided. Seeing that they did not provide you with the terms and conditions of the agreement you might be better off from a legal standpoint.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-12-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
Buying from this dealer will be like marrying a chick after a horrible first date, and hoping it will get better over time.

You will BOTH be better off NOT fallowing through with this deal.

Get your deposit back and move on. Good luck
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-12-2008, 3:15 PM Reply   
I have the actual hard copy of the agreement and I faxed it back...they mailed it to me to sign...I would love to move on but I am saving easily 10k. Bottom line is this is the max I can spend and if this doesnt work out I would have to buy a boat that is no where close to this one...:-(

I didnt want to give the price and boat but maybe some feedback from people can tell me if I can find the same boat elsewhere...The contract is for a 2007 Wakesetter 23lsv for 46,500.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-12-2008, 3:48 PM Reply   
Hold them to it Eric, that is an amazing price for that boat.

TigeMike who cares he's not going to have the boat serviced there.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-12-2008, 4:10 PM Reply   
"TigeMike who cares he's not going to have the boat serviced there.

Nu Bu,

Sorry, I must be blind, but I cant find where Eric posted that he plans to buy the boat from one dealer and "shaft" another on the warranty work. Can you point this out for me.

I do see that this is not his local dealer.

Eric, if you plan on buying from an out of area dealer, and take it to your local dealer for work, be prepared to have the door slammed in your face.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-12-2008, 4:39 PM Reply   
Right here TigeMike
"They can not sell me the 2007 cause I live out of the area and they would get in trouble because of the whole territory sales thing"

Doesn't apply to used boats though..
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-12-2008, 4:42 PM Reply   
A good service department will actually make money on warranty work.....
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-12-2008, 4:43 PM Reply   
I am a very good customer of the local dealership....I actually asked them for advice on this situation...They are great...I talked about doing warranty work and they were fine with it...They understand that this is a very good price and they can not sale me one for close to that...I hope they do not slam the door in my face...
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-12-2008, 5:22 PM Reply   
46500 for a 23LSV sounds like a loser deal and the dealer is simply backing out of the deal. I wish you luck but I wouldn't hold my breath.

(Message edited by johnsvt on January 12, 2008)

Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-12-2008, 6:21 PM Reply   
I really dont think things will work out but what really pisses me off is that I sold my boat for far less than value because I was buying this one and didnt want 2 boat payments...
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-12-2008, 7:03 PM Reply   
I understand what your saying. I asked a dealer about a boat and he found one for me at a crazy price. However, I have to sell mine first and I am pretty sure the boat will be gone by the time my boat is sold.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-12-2008, 7:47 PM Reply   
tk the mastercraft man i didn't contradict myself. Those guys are at the Malibu plant every day, they sell a lot of boats. They get along well with them. I said I have heard of them pulling this before. I didn't say they did it on every boat. They obviously don't because they have a lot of repeat customers, so they must be treating somebody right. Anyway, Eric I hopoe they have a change of heart and sell it to you at that price, because that is very cheap for that boat.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-12-2008, 8:45 PM Reply   
Ewing hit it on the head earlier.....

I am a dealer and I can tell you that neither you or the dealer are bound to anything until the boat leaves the dealers lot and you have taken personal possession of it. You could try to take them to court but I would be almost 100% positive that nothing good will come of it. I am sorry to hear of your situation. I think I would definitely find another dealer. Even if you save 5K buying from them what is going to cost you over time by dealing with them?What are you service experiences going to be like????? Good luck with your purchase.

As far as territories go....Every manf. is different.I am a Centurion dealer and my territory is technically my zip code, but I wouldn't sell a new boat within about a 120 mile radius just to keep a good relationship with the other dealers. I am pretty sure that Malibu has some fairly tight restrictions on territories though.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-13-2008, 6:07 AM Reply   
"Right here TigeMike
"They can not sell me the 2007 cause I live out of the area and they would get in trouble because of the whole territory sales thing"

Doesn't apply to used boats though

That doesn't answer anything Nu Bu. Just states once again that he is buying out of his area. I already noted that I knew this. }Can you show me, in Eric's previous posts, where he intends to buy from one dealer and have it serviced at another. As others have stated, and IMO, nothing good will come from this transaction. Why didn't you call them out? Maybe because you don't actually read the posts, you just respond with some knee-jerk reaction. Is it because I have "Tige" in my username? Does this offend you, scare you, some how make you mad?
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-13-2008, 6:17 AM Reply   
I was told by a Malibu dealer leftovers can be sold out of territory(october is when they are considered "leftover") and used boats have no territory.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-13-2008, 7:58 AM Reply   
Mike thanks I've read every post, nothing about the name Tige scares me I assure you don't flatter yourself. I find it comical you would even say that.. Is there something about having Tige in your name that makes you automatically defensive, must be your just used to having defend your product of choice. Did I somehow insult you with my post?

With that said I made the mistake in assuming you could reasonably ascertain with his statement the fact he would be buying out of the area and taking it home with him, my bad.

Kneejerk -reactions or statements how about assuming he was screwing over his local dealer by buying a used boat from another dealer as you stated. If you would have read his post you would have caught the fact this was a used boat and the territory thing doesn't apply like I said. Is he supposed to buy a used boat from his local dealer because they will be servicing it?
Old     (cadesun)      Join Date: May 2007 Location: Chicago       01-13-2008, 8:25 AM Reply   
I didn't for a second feel bad about buying my latest boat from a non-local dealer. They found me a better boat for a better price than my local marina ever could have.

That said, my marina guys were actually happy for me because I had been looking for a long time and the boat was exactly what I wanted. They still get all my servicing money and some money is always better than no money. If your local dealer has a problem with you being an educated consumer then they have their own problems.

Good luck in this situation, that's an amazing deal!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-13-2008, 9:27 AM Reply   
Yes, Nu Bu, your comments, in this thread and others, are very insulting and condescending towards those of us that don't own the same brand boat, ride the same board, listen to the same music, even from the same stereo equipment, need I go on! Those of us that don't fit into your little "click" must be on the defense in order to counter all the unwarranted attacks, in many cases, with false info and misconceptions.

"Tige" is in my username to show my pride in MY choice of brands, and I will not be intimidated by you or any other WW poster that does not like my choice, or agree with my posts

I chose not to read between the lines because in many cases, this is the same as assuming, and we all know what happens there.

If if I missed the fact that this was a used boat, then my bad, and you could have simply and politely pointed this out with out a smart @$$ sarcastic comment like "TigeMike who cares he's not going to have the boat serviced there."

As far as A good service department will actually make money on warranty work, in my 17yrs in the automotive repair business, I have found that warranty work grosses about 25% less then customer pay. It will pay the bills, but will generate very little net profit. When your income is based on net profits and CSI scores, you try to find the most profitable work possible and doing warranty work for a customer who purchased thier product from a competitor's store usually never turns out good for either party.

Eric, Sorry for hi-jacking. I do feel that the dealer should honor the agreement, whether or not they are obligated to or not. If you fallow through with this purchase, I do hope the closer dealer will treat you like a normal customer, but having been on that side of the fence, it is hard to. Just trying to share what I see as a possible dilemma with the long term investment such as a boat.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-13-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
Still not sure how you got so mad about that comment, little defensive I think. I didn't mean anything by it. Your not exactly innocent of being a smart@ss yourself. I've never said anything bad about Tige boats, other's wakeboards, or music, I think your reaching there. You kinda lost me there with that nonsense. I didn't realize I was trying to intimidate you. I don't have a click and like most boats out there.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-13-2008, 9:48 AM Reply   
Go ask your dealer, and if you are as tight with them as you've let on they'll tell you how much they make on warranty work. My dealer did and it was impressive.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-13-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
Just a few I've read in the recent past. You've said many times "I didn't mean anything by it". If so, then why bother wasting everyone's time with your meaningless posts.

Kscales is just a whiny little BIATCH!!!!!!! What a punk.

Biggest bunch of whiners I've ever seen on any forum anywhere

That is a cute little wake that thing puts out....

Putting the speakers on the floor sucks to. What a dumb place for them. That wake is cute though LOL

Ryan Tige's don't need ballast right, they have the best invention in the boating industry TAPS. LOL, I mean wakeplate

Haha nice comeback LOL! Well obviously you know how to have fun to and aren't taking it to seriously like some of the whiny biatches that posted on here (Kscales).. Ryan I'll be very dissapointed if you run over to Tigeoweners and start crying about how mean wakeworlders are and talking smack about the people on there like a little CHILD

Kscales you're a punk biatch and you know it, I never said shiat about you. You took it personal and to a place it didn't need to be. You're nothing but a little Khunt muscle. Good thing you're in Canada, we don't need biatches like you here. Why didn't you post that crap up here you little biatch???
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-13-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
Little clarrification Mike, those comments were made after he tried to blast me, you should know you were over there reading it. The wake comments were about a wake and not about the boat, cupholders are a stupid idea on the floor, are you gonna cry about that. The taps comment almost quoting several posts from Tige owners. We know you're a Malibu hater Mike. So what's the deal Mike you just mad I didn't agree with your post. I didn't attack you in any way, now you're in attack mode. I find it pretty funny....

(Message edited by 05mobiuslsv on January 13, 2008)
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-13-2008, 10:37 AM Reply   
"Little clarrification Mike, those comments were made after he tried to blast me. The wake comments were about a wake and not about the boat, cupholders are a stupid idea on the floor, are you gonna cry about that. The taps comment almost quoting several posts from Tige owners. We know you're a Malibu hater Mike. So what's the deal Mike you just mad I didn't agree with your post. I didn't attack you in any way, now you're in attack mode"

Now you are reaching and I'm moving on.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-13-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
Those are the facts like it or not.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-13-2008, 11:53 AM Reply   
let it go already
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-13-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
Ok thanks Dave.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-13-2008, 1:24 PM Reply   
Haven't any of guys figured out nu bu yet? I would call him a little bit of an instigator and sometimes he makes a thread interesting. He is the guy that just likes to disagree or consider him the guy on your shoulder with a pitchfork. He sure does get you Tige owners going.
Old    bocephus            01-13-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
This seems like a perfect opportunity to take your money and go buy a either a Sanger or a Correct Craft... Maybe even divine intervention or something... Malibu is sure getting some good threads going lately... or maybe it's the dealers that Malibu chooses to associate with. Luckily our local Malibu dealer is top notch and wouldn't pull any of this stuff...
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-13-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
Malibu makes a nice boat and I have been in a couple different brands lately. This is not a Malibu issue this is a dealer issue. I just think a boat dealer has made a huge mistake and just so happens it is a Malibu dealer.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-13-2008, 4:19 PM Reply   
Thanks to all the advice from everyone. I will be calling on Monday morning to try to get this all worked out. Thanks again for all the feedback.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-13-2008, 4:26 PM Reply   
Ewing I think you have it figured out
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-13-2008, 6:48 PM Reply   
Good luck Eric I am going to do "the running man" I hear it helps with crazy Malibu situations.

Nu people need to relax and you are definitely an out of the box thinker. I know that is a pic of a VLX but I wouldn't be surprised if you own a MC, Tige, CC, or Sanger, your a closet Bu hater.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-13-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
I hate malibu's with a passion, and let's just say my true passions are power turns and innertubing. Occationally I'll rock the kneeboard to.

(Message edited by 05mobiuslsv on January 13, 2008)
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-13-2008, 8:32 PM Reply   
nu bu- don't try to hide that you rock the new HO wakeski's too. i'll admit it i might order me a pair for the hell of it. hahahaha
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-13-2008, 8:35 PM Reply   
Did you see me out on the lake? How did you know.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-13-2008, 8:39 PM Reply   
yeah the day. its cool everyone will try it sooner or later.