Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-18-2010, 7:00 AM Reply   
Anybody using one of these from Sprint (or the Droid Eris from Verizon)? I'm due for a new phone and was really interested in this one when I went looking yesterday. The whole Android system looks pretty cool and I like the open development they offer. Any pro's or con's from the tech experts or current users?

The Samsung Moment looks to be option #2 if I were to not go with the Hero.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-18-2010, 9:10 AM Reply   
Me and the wife have both been using the Hero for a couple of months and my daughter has the Moment. No complaints.. they both work really well and seem to be glitch free. If you text a lot you might want to consider the Moment. The touch keypad on the Hero takes a bit of getting used to since there are no buttons to push confirming you're hitting the right key.I don't text so it doesn't both me.
Old     (dave)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-18-2010, 12:04 PM Reply   
I have the Driod Eris and son far the only beef is the fact that HTC has a problem with allowing the phone to recognize security certificates on Exchange Servers. There, no full real time sync. Other than that (which we are working on a work around for) I am liking it. Just don't drop it before putting the cover on it...ooops
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-18-2010, 12:58 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info guys. It certainly helps. I think it may come down to me getting one and the wife getting the other, then switching them out after we both play around with them. Anyone else have anything to add?
Old     (nukepower)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-18-2010, 5:47 PM Reply   
My wife has the Eris (on Verizon) and she has only encountered a few problems (I am more than sure she caused a few...), it has locked up twice which was fixed by popping out the battery for a second. The touch screen keyboard does take some getting used too, and I personally am looking at getting the original Droid from Verizon for the keyboard factor only. Otherwise it is a great, light phone that is fast on VZ's network and rarely looses 3G signal.