Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    minty_fresh            06-15-2003, 9:46 PM Reply   
Well, I just recently moved to Florida....and since there is no place for me to ride my Snowboard, or Ski Boards...LOL...I needed a new sport to sink my teeth into. My girlfriend actually got me interested in Wakeboarding...she's been riding for a little while, her dad owns a house on Lake Gibson, and a boat. So I just bought a new board (02 Belmont 141 w/ aluminum fins) and I'm ready to hit my first wake. I also bought my girlfriend a new board (since she always just used her brothers) I got her an 03 Essence 131, and she was so stoked!
Well, just wanting to intorduce myself, and see if anyone had any simple pointers for a beginner...and also if there's anybody around central Florida that we might be able to hook up with sometime. :-)
Old    av8roc            06-16-2003, 6:14 AM Reply   
Hey Mike check out the "find a third be a third" forum on here it is extremely helpful!
I moved to Orlando about a year and a half ago and have met some really cool people to ride with and have made some great friends through this site. I am moving to Texas on Saturday otherwise I would love to ride with you.

-Sean
Old    blais22            06-16-2003, 8:40 AM Reply   
Hey Mike,
It seems there are a lot more people from FL on wakeboarder.com than on Wakeworld. You might want to put a post on there as well. Can't ever have too many people to ride with I have 2 friends moving from Austin to Orlando in about 2 months, I'm sure they would be glad to go ride with you. I would also go up to some of the cable parks around there and check it out to see if there is a find a third posting there. Have fun and start tearing it up.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-16-2003, 8:54 AM Reply   
lakeland is pretty far away from me, but I am in florida, gainesville actually. you are welcome to come ride sometime if you wish!
Old    gunther            06-16-2003, 8:57 AM Reply   
Orlando is like the wakeboarding captial of the world. You should find no problem getting into the sport in flordia
Old    chase            06-16-2003, 1:04 PM Reply   
Michael,

We are looking to replace Sean, since he is moving to Dallas! Stupid Sean!!!! We sure are gonna miss him (did I say that out loud!?!), especially fiance! I live and ride in Clermont, just west of Orlando, and you and your girl are more than welcome to come and ride with us!
Old     (98air)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-17-2003, 6:11 PM Reply   
Man, I'll come over and ride with you...having a time getting out here in pinellas county w/riders...shoot me an email if you need a third during the weeK!
Old    minty_fresh            06-17-2003, 8:34 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info y'all!!! Yeah, Orlando does seem to be like Wakeboard Capital! LOL

And yeah...Bradley, Tim, Chase, and Rob...I'd love to hook up with ya'll and ride! I definately want to ride with people that are better than me....so I can pick up on stuff, and learn a lot. My girl will teach me some too...but I can learn a lot more, from more people. Thanks for the offers....we'll most likely be taking you up on those!! :-) And I'm sure we wouldn't mind some company on Lake Gibson sometime....I'll hit y'all up with some e-mails or what not!