Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Indigoblue)      Join Date: May 2013       05-05-2013, 11:40 AM Reply   
Hi guys

First post on forum so please be gentle

I have been riding for a while mostly with friends or rental equipment a but now I want to get my own stuff.

I am beginner to intermediate and looking forward to progress. I will be spending %70 of my time behind boat and %30 on cable park. Im looking for a poppy and playful board. I assume 3 stage rocker is better for pop and will suit me better. My weight is 185lbs and I want the board as light as possible.

I have been reading great reviews about slingshots and actually want to get RAD as boots. However i also read some negative posts about durability of slingshots which made me think for other brands as well.

I don't have any brand preference and I would really appreciate if you can help with your experiences.
Old     (tdickman4)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-06-2013, 4:43 AM Reply   
Slinghsots are durable. Get the recoil. It is great for the cable and boat
Old     (Indigoblue)      Join Date: May 2013       05-06-2013, 4:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdickman4 View Post
Slinghsots are durable. Get the recoil. It is great for the cable and boat
I am in between recoil and reflex. some say reflex is better for landing due to hybrid shape. I recovered from LCL in March 2012 and dont want to have any troubles again.

living overseas (Turkey) is limiting my options for ordering online, can you recommend any online retailer accepting international credit cards? . Also i am quite skeptical about RAD booting sizes. I sent a mail to SS for asking the inner size of RAD boots by centimeters as it gives the most accurate information for feet since sizes vary depending on the mold however I havent received any information so far. any body have size 9 or 10 RADS?
Old     (MrShelley)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-06-2013, 5:56 AM Reply   
How strong IS a Slingshot board?

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...43468649052064
Old     (Indigoblue)      Join Date: May 2013       05-06-2013, 8:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShelley View Post
Todd that's unbelievable! I bet that board's flex grade has increased by one or two )

I am more in love with SS now! I will be in States in a week and hoping to find one of them either in Chicago or LA

Last edited by Indigoblue; 05-06-2013 at 8:24 AM. Reason: typo
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-06-2013, 8:44 AM Reply   
3 stage does not equal more pop. It equals more drag. How you manage the drag will determine if you can get more pop with it. If you are looking to progress quickly, you should consider a continuous (not accelerated continuous) or a subtle or mellow 3 stage. To ride a pronounced 3 stage well, you really need to have the confidence to drive through the wake on every trick. That is tough for developing riders.
Old     (MrShelley)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-06-2013, 8:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Also i am quite skeptical about RAD booting sizes. I sent a mail to SS for asking the inner size of RAD boots by centimeters as it gives the most accurate information for feet since sizes vary depending on the mold however I havent received any information so far. any body have size 9 or 10 RADS?
I wear a 10 1/2 - 11 shoe and my RADS are size 10. Very snug and supportive, especially after I heat molded them.
Old     (tdickman4)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-06-2013, 9:20 AM Reply   
The recoil is a little stiffer than the reflex. If you ride the recoil right, it will help give you a little more pop than the reflex. The recoil still has comfy landings. with 70% behind the boat, I would go with the recoil, but you won't be disappointed with either board.
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       05-06-2013, 10:23 AM Reply   
For you recoil fans, is there much difference, specifically in flex, between the '12 and '13 models?
Old     (Indigoblue)      Join Date: May 2013       05-06-2013, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShelley View Post
I wear a 10 1/2 - 11 shoe and my RADS are size 10. Very snug and supportive, especially after I heat molded them.
Hello Todd

Can you please check your boot for me and tell what is the size by centimeters?
Old     (Romaswake)      Join Date: May 2013       05-06-2013, 12:19 PM Reply   
Hey guys! I just order a 2013 Slingshot Reflex and will be riding it this weekend behind the boat! I'll be sure to post how it preforms
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-06-2013, 2:00 PM Reply   
I want to buy an older recoil if anyone is selling
Old     (Indigoblue)      Join Date: May 2013       05-07-2013, 6:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
I want to buy an older recoil if anyone is selling
get in line LOL
Old     (tdickman4)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-07-2013, 10:18 AM Reply   
the '12 and '13 recoils are only different from the updated fasttrack system, but ride the same
Old     (Romaswake)      Join Date: May 2013       05-07-2013, 1:33 PM Reply   
BoardCo called me today cause they're out of the 137 reflexes, so I substituted it with a shredtown! hoping ill like it!

Life is a garden... Dig it!
Old     (MrShelley)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-08-2013, 2:56 PM Reply   
Indigo, here's the sizing from my RAD liners.

USA - 10
EUR - 43.5
UK - 9
CM - 28
Old     (Indigoblue)      Join Date: May 2013       05-09-2013, 3:56 AM Reply   
Thanks Todd!
I have contacted Slingshot for sizing they recommended size 11, I m confused now !