Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (azheat)      Join Date: Mar 2016       05-12-2016, 7:58 PM Reply   
So I have a 2004 Tige 24v Limited and it runs great, however the steering was a little rough turning to the left. So I went ahead and replaced the steering cable and still same issue. The boat steers great to the right, but its super difficult to turn to the left and doesnt have as big of a turn radius to the left either.

What am I missing??
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-13-2016, 6:16 AM Reply   
Your or 04 should be rack and pinion right, not rotary. Did the cable come complete with the rack? Remove the cable from the rudder and move it left to right and see how it feels. Had a bent rudder once that felt the same way.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       05-14-2016, 8:48 AM Reply   
I have seen this issue before with Tige's of that era.

At the rack end, under the dashboard, is the cable taking a really tight turn and being held tight up against the panel? The steering routing in those boats is horrible...

The cable needs to be allowed to make a big sweeping turn, or it will always be tight.

Additionally, the rudder setup could be contributing. Does yours have a tab on it you can adjust?

Mike