Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-26-2007, 7:38 AM Reply   
Nice post Phillip. It's great to see a pro on hear posting. Notice how his dad is a huge supporter of his. Just like Murray's. Those of us who have hopes of grandger (sp) for our kids should take note.

After reading Phillip's post I thought of all the things in my life I don't want people to judge me for and the list was very long. I would hope that others would over look my mistakes. I'm sure the rest of you feel the same. It shows that whatever mistakes this young man has made in the past he is trying to do his best. He will probably make more mistakes but I'm thirty and have done embarrasing things well past 19.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-26-2007, 7:55 AM Reply   
Chris...I enjoy riding just as much as the pros. I'm not there to watch, I'm there to ride and learn.

Have you ever been to OWC? You can spend a lot of time standing in line on a busy day. It's definitely not cool to cut when the people behind have been waiting. I don't care if you're Shaun Murray.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-26-2007, 8:24 AM Reply   
That and usually the "pros" don't pay like all the others standing in line. I also think it's a great aspect of the sport, and people even post raves about it, standing in line next to a pro or elite athlete. When it's busy enough for lap rules, everyone gets a little testy too.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-27-2007, 1:04 PM Reply   
J-Rod I don't think Shaun would even think about cutting in line. He's just that kind of guy.
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-27-2007, 4:30 PM Reply   
phillip, thanks for posting. i actually did believe the "im a pro, let me to the front" thing but im really really glad its not true! cutting in line would not be cool. after reading what you said i completely changed my opinion of you. ive never met you personlly so my thoughts were based upon things ive heard from other people, so i guess i shouldnt believe every rumour i hear
congrats on the pro tour title, even if i am a rusty/sharpe fan!