Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-22-2006, 4:59 PM Reply   
Hey guys,

Im hopeing to get some input from someone who maybe has had the same problem like wise. I'm on my second clarion head unit in my boat. The first was in the boat when I got it, but the cd player never would read the cd and shoot them back out. I replaced it with another clarion year before last. So what Im getting at is the unit is fairly new. Right now the problem is no sound is coming out the speakers. I thought maybe I had a bad ground but the unit itself has power and functions. The only other think I could think to do is replace the speakers, but there is no way all four of them just happen to quit at the same time. It is really driving me crazy I cannot figure it out. I've consittered taking it to a shop, but I don't want them to try and sell me a whole new unit and it not even be that. As a student I just don't want to pay for a new one unless I have to. So you guys get the drift, give me something I might have over looked. Thanks!

(Message edited by WakeDoctor on May 22, 2006)
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-22-2006, 5:15 PM Reply   
Sounds like it is dead. Common problem with the POS Clarion units. .. Sorry.

I replaced mine with an MB Quart, and it has worked great for two years. Clarion lasted 13 months. .... One month past warrenty.
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-22-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
sounds like speaker leads shorted which could have burnt out the outputs. try the RCA outs and see if they work thru amp,if so the radio outputs r bad. if the preamp RCA outs r bad u need repair, find a shop that specializes in repairs and not sales to send it to. check speaker wires for shorts as well so u dont blow more outputs, check with ohm meter, u may have a wire problem that is hard to find, if so its just as easy to put all new wire in so u dont ruin another stereo or amp.}
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-23-2006, 11:53 AM Reply   
Yeah Im aware of clarion's quality. The only reason I went with them is to save my old wired remote, which I ended up having to change anyhow. Go figure. Thanks for the help so far people!
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-23-2006, 12:09 PM Reply   
Craig...I have a clarion stereo in my 2000 MC and the exact same thing that has happened to you happened to me about 2 weeks ago. I'm at a loss as well.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-23-2006, 12:17 PM Reply   
Just to see, and this is probably not your problem but, I hooked two amps to my Clarion unit, and because the draw on the "amp on wire" it kept shutting down the sound (power to the speakers. I hooked my amps to an aux switch on my dash and everything works great. For some reason, and I dont know why, they make those units with too many features and it makes them less reliable, (more things to break).