Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       03-12-2018, 8:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
If the focus of gun safety is mental health, let’s start w/ this question:

1. Do you want to posses this weapon because you seriously believe that one day you and your drinking buddies will single-handedly go up against the US Army, Navy, Air Force & Marines to, “fight tyranny?”
Awesome, and very true.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-12-2018, 8:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
If the focus of gun safety is mental health, let’s start w/ this question:

1. Do you want to posses this weapon because you seriously believe that one day you and your drinking buddies will single-handedly go up against the US Army, Navy, Air Force & Marines to, “fight tyranny?”
You can never have enough guns to fight the military that you can't give enough money to so they can buy bigger guns.
Old     (Smoothie)      Join Date: Feb 2018       03-12-2018, 4:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
If the focus of gun safety is mental health, let’s start w/ this question:

1. Do you want to posses this weapon because you seriously believe that one day you and your drinking buddies will single-handedly go up against the US Army, Navy, Air Force & Marines to, “fight tyranny?”
No, but against 3 armed bad guys, I'm going to want more than a pistol or pump shotgun.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-12-2018, 7:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
No, but against 3 armed bad guys, I'm going to want more than a pistol or pump shotgun.
Who did you piss off? Why are republicans so afraid all the time?
Old     (Smoothie)      Join Date: Feb 2018       03-12-2018, 11:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Who did you piss off? Why are republicans so afraid all the time?
Have you ever seen a TV show called "the news"? I have a few close cop friends, and they all carry off duty. Not because they are afraid, but because they have seen firsthand how vicious people can be and how frequently it happens.

But keep living in your safe zone bubble. Let me guess, you are 22 and live in North Cali?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-13-2018, 1:27 AM Reply   
45 and live in NZ. I know one person who owns a gun and shoots it regularity, What are you guys doing so differently?
Old     (Smoothie)      Join Date: Feb 2018       03-13-2018, 2:27 AM Reply   
Is NZ New Zealand? What are we doing differently compared to what?
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-13-2018, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
Have you ever seen a TV show called "the news"? I have a few close cop friends, and they all carry off duty. Not because they are afraid, but because they have seen firsthand how vicious people can be and how frequently it happens.

But keep living in your safe zone bubble. Let me guess, you are 22 and live in North Cali?
You were super close, I'm 48 and live in Washington state.
Right, so you've let the "news" manipulate your fears and now you believe that you are in constant danger even though statistically, the US has never been safer. Cops have the same bias. Everyone they meet in their jobs are either criminals or victims. When you live like that it doesn't take long to believe that everyone in the US is either a criminal or a victim because that is their experience. Doesn't mean its true. If you're gonna spend your days wandering through crack dens then by all means be afraid. If you just going to costco, and your afraid, you are a puss.
Old     (Smoothie)      Join Date: Feb 2018       03-13-2018, 1:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
You were super close, I'm 48 and live in Washington state.
Right, so you've let the "news" manipulate your fears and now you believe that you are in constant danger even though statistically, the US has never been safer. Cops have the same bias. Everyone they meet in their jobs are either criminals or victims. When you live like that it doesn't take long to believe that everyone in the US is either a criminal or a victim because that is their experience. Doesn't mean its true. If you're gonna spend your days wandering through crack dens then by all means be afraid. If you just going to costco, and your afraid, you are a puss.
And the downside of me carrying a pistol is....what exactly? I have it for the same reason I have car insurance and fire extinguishers, and I have never needed either.

Not sure last time you were in Atlanta but it might be a bit different than Washington.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-14-2018, 6:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
You were super close, I'm 48 and live in Washington state.
Right, so you've let the "news" manipulate your fears and now you believe that you are in constant danger even though statistically, the US has never been safer. Cops have the same bias. Everyone they meet in their jobs are either criminals or victims. When you live like that it doesn't take long to believe that everyone in the US is either a criminal or a victim because that is their experience. Doesn't mean its true. If you're gonna spend your days wandering through crack dens then by all means be afraid. If you just going to costco, and your afraid, you are a puss.
Hmm. Gun ownership has been increasing yet "statistically the US has never been safer"
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-14-2018, 8:53 AM Reply   
And today in the news:
http://www.westernmassnews.com/story...tudent-injured

"Teacher accidentally fires gun in classroom, students injured" Surprising no-one with two brain cells to rub together.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-14-2018, 9:12 AM Reply   
That guy should be fired and charged for being an idiot. It said it went off into the ceiling meaning A) he had the gun chambered in class, and B) he had the gun out for some reason. Neither of which should EVER happen.
Old     (Smoothie)      Join Date: Feb 2018       03-14-2018, 10:47 AM Reply   
Teachers can carry in Mass schools? When did that law happen??
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-14-2018, 11:32 AM Reply   
California school.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-14-2018, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
That guy should be fired and charged for being an idiot. It said it went off into the ceiling meaning A) he had the gun chambered in class, and B) he had the gun out for some reason. Neither of which should EVER happen.
But of course it happened and will happen again. Arming teachers is a dumb idea that exists only to sell more guns.
Old     (Smoothie)      Join Date: Feb 2018       03-14-2018, 1:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
California school.
Wow, just read a few articles on it. Apparently it was a class on gun safety, and the guy was a reserve police officer. Dumbass.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-14-2018, 2:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
But of course it happened and will happen again. Arming teachers is a dumb idea that exists only to sell more guns.
I don't know if you saw a previous post of mine, but there are already a lot of districts that allow teachers to carry and have been for some time. Just because 1 idiot fired a gun into a ceiling doesn't invalidate the idea. He obviously was not following any sort of protocol.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-14-2018, 2:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
I don't know if you saw a previous post of mine, but there are already a lot of districts that allow teachers to carry and have been for some time. Just because 1 idiot fired a gun into a ceiling doesn't invalidate the idea. He obviously was not following any sort of protocol.
This is the 2nd teacher to fire his gun in school since the stupid idea of arming the teachers came up a month ago.

I promise you that more people will die.
Old     (Smoothie)      Join Date: Feb 2018       03-14-2018, 6:47 PM Reply   
No laws have changed since they started the discussions, so nothing has changed.

And no one died, so when you say "more" will die that doesn't really make sense.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-15-2018, 7:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
This is the 2nd teacher to fire his gun in school since the stupid idea of arming the teachers came up a month ago.

I promise you that more people will die.
I promise you prove daily to be emotionally retarded
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-15-2018, 7:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
This is the 2nd teacher to fire his gun in school since the stupid idea of arming the teachers came up a month ago.

I promise you that more people will die.
Just because we started discussing it a month ago, doesn't negate the fact there there are quite a few districts that have had armed teachers for a long time with no incidents(including mass shootings taking place there).

and no one died. I do believe that both of those instances had noting to do with the armed teacher debate. Those two morons were not supposed to have guns there in the first place.
Old     (Smoothie)      Join Date: Feb 2018       03-15-2018, 9:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Just because we started discussing it a month ago, doesn't negate the fact there there are quite a few districts that have had armed teachers for a long time with no incidents(including mass shootings taking place there).

and no one died. I do believe that both of those instances had noting to do with the armed teacher debate. Those two morons were not supposed to have guns there in the first place.
The second one last week was actually a reserve police officer, was teaching a gun safety class! True story. Being the ceiling, he was probably teaching them how to make sure a weapon is empty by dropping the mag and pulling the trigger.

Dumbass.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-15-2018, 9:35 AM Reply   
What? I thought that was how you were supposed to unload them!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       03-15-2018, 11:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
But of course it happened and will happen again. Arming teachers is a dumb idea that exists only to sell more guns.
You don't actually believe any of this crap, do you???
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-15-2018, 12:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
You don't actually believe any of this crap, do you???
Absolutely, There have already been two teachers discharging their guns on school grounds since we starting talking about arming them. What makes you think their won't be more?
There will be another major school shooting within 6 months, I guaranty it.

The statistics are really very clear. The more guns the more gun deaths.

There were a ton of "good guys with guns" in Las Vegas and they ran away just like the guys that didn't have guns. It didn't change jack.
Meanwhile your all so afraid that someone is coming to take away your toys that you wont let us keep the guns away from crazy people. The NRA is suing Florida because they passed a law that says you have to be 21 to buy a gun. How F'd is that? on the one month anniversary of the Florida school shooting the NRA tweeted a glamor shot of the gun used to kill the 17 kids.

But hey, the regular slaughter of school kids is a small price to pay so that you can have easy access to the tools required for hog hunting. Nice priorities.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-15-2018, 12:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
The second one last week was actually a reserve police officer, was teaching a gun safety class! True story. Being the ceiling, he was probably teaching them how to make sure a weapon is empty by dropping the mag and pulling the trigger.

Dumbass.
Right a reserve police officer, who has had WAY more training than the teachers will have still managed to cock this up. People F up. That's reality, so lets not let them F up with guns, the cost of failure is too high.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-15-2018, 2:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
The statistics are really very clear. The more guns the more gun deaths.
Exactly. It's a irrefutable truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
The NRA is suing Florida because they passed a law that says you have to be 21 to buy a gun. How F'd is that.
Actually what's F**ked is that they passed that law. It's an irrefutable truth that once the SC rules owning a gun is an individual right, you cannot deny an adult that right just because they are between 18 and 21. Unfortunately what's also f**ked is that the SC interpreted that by throwing out half the text of the 2nd as meaningless. So the answer is as always... vote in elected officials that will change the make up of the SC. Conservatives are doing that to eliminate abortion as a right. And that's what people who want to deal with guns need to do.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       03-15-2018, 2:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
The statistics are really very clear. The more guns the more gun deaths.
statistics can be made to say anything.

Then please explain, how does our military exist without them shooting each other by mistake? so many guns everywhere, surely that's a dangerous environment!

Are cops shooting each other on a daily basis? you know, they carry those death machines around every day!

Last edited by denverd1; 03-15-2018 at 2:49 PM.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-15-2018, 3:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
statistics can be made to say anything.

Then please explain, how does our military exist without them shooting each other by mistake? so many guns everywhere, surely that's a dangerous environment!

Are cops shooting each other on a daily basis? you know, they carry those death machines around every day!
I didn't think the military allowed soldiers to carry.
https://taskandpurpose.com/shouldnt-...ilitary-bases/
Old     (Smoothie)      Join Date: Feb 2018       03-15-2018, 4:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Absolutely, There have already been two teachers discharging their guns on school grounds since we starting talking about arming them. .
No laws have changed, so not sure what you are trying to correlate this with? Just talking about guns makes them go off now? That's a new one on me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
There were a ton of "good guys with guns" in Las Vegas and they ran away just like the guys that didn't have guns. It didn't change jack..
I hadn't read this. How many good guys had guns? We're they in the crowd? Have a source for this statement?


Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
The NRA is suing Florida because they passed a law that says you have to be 21 to buy a gun. .
Are they going to change the age to join the military to 21, or will they just be enlisted for 3 years until they can use a weapon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
but hey, the regular slaughter of school kids is a small price to pay so that you can have easy access to the tools required for hog hunting. Nice priorities.
"ITS FOR THE CHILDREN!!" What are you doing about abortions or texting while driving? Way more kids die from those. If you like statistics then focus on the biggest impact causes first.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-15-2018, 6:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
.

There were a ton of "good guys with guns" in Las Vegas and they ran away just like the guys that didn't have guns. It didn't change jack.

But hey, the regular slaughter of school kids is a small price to pay so that you can have easy access to the tools required for hog hunting. Nice priorities.
Again you’re completely wrong as usual ........


The concert venue was......get ready. “ A GUN FREE ZONE ” there was actually talk of a lawsuit being filed by several Police Departments in and around Vegas because even off duty officers attending and working the venue were not allowed to carry their weapons . Really should get the facts straight before you go spewing your anti-gun agenda.

We get it. You’re deathly afraid of firearms and you feel everyone should have your view . I could litter this post with links of everyday citizens who carry and are alive because of their right to carry . Your narrow focus on shooting incidents that make up less than 1% of actual violent crime is ridiculous . People know the risk of owning a gun , my ownership and the ownership of other like minded people who own firearms has very little effect on you . You’ve mentioned the stat regarding guns in the home killing kids. Well guess what , again doesn’t effect you and it’s not up to you to decide and limit what a person chooses to do in their own home. People know the risks , they make the choice and have live with their consequences. The simple fact is gun ownership and conceal carry has a positive impact on reducing the percentage you may get shot by some thug with a gun......evidence to the fact is quite plentiful.......if you’d open your eyes out of the minuscule focus point of an area responsible for so little of the stats you want to keep spewing to the big picture you may actually educate yourself and not continue to look like a narrow minded goof.

Suspiciously absent from your talking points are the most recent crazy’s that went on a stabbing spree and one currently on a bombing spree by leaving packages . More proof crazy is crazy . The other blame suspiciously absent here is the blame that lies with the FBI , the liberal policies implemented in the school preventing police from action against criminal students, the liberal policies instituted by the sheriffs office . A lot more blame lies with those agencies and groups that should have prevented this most recent Florida shooting and several
Mass shootings before that. In the grand scheme of things that blame is much heavier than that on the firearm itself. Yet we hear nothing from you and the anti gunners on those aspects .......... it’s all just , ban all guns and blame trump.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-15-2018, 6:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Right a reserve police officer, who has had WAY more training than the teachers will have still managed to cock this up. People F up. That's reality, so lets not let them F up with guns, the cost of failure is too high.
What’s crazy is you think a reserve police officer has significant firearms training.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-15-2018, 6:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post

The statistics are really very clear. The more guns the more gun deaths.

The more cars the more vehicle related deaths , more people using drugs ... more overdoses .



Do you even understand gun related deaths and what accounts for a majority of gun death statistics ?
Old     (WakeWise)      Join Date: Jun 2014       03-15-2018, 6:49 PM Reply   
All contracts need a remedy for when one side breaches the Agreement.* Note the order of the Amendments in the Bill of Rights.* *The first tells Party A (the Central Government) what Inalienable Rights (given them by the Creator) are retained by the People. (The Bill of Rights was added to tell the Federal Government what it can't do under the Contract (The Constitution). "Congress shall pass no law...".* *

* * But what happens if the Federal Government ignores that part of the Contract?* What's the remedy?*

* * *1. The ballot...peaceful, but effective if utilized.* But if corrupt, even the ballot does not work..old England, e.g.**

* * * 2. Civil disobedience ..protests, usually praceful, but not always.* Powerless people can lose their right to protest; in some countries, they are just eliminated by a corrupt government ..countries where the people have no means to fight back, e.g. (America was born because it fought tyranny with weapons that the Colonists had for their own purposes, (personal safety, or to secure their property from poachers, etc.) because there were no courts to enforce anything...the person had to protect his own.* So it was somewhat 'providential ' that they even had some means to "take up arms".)

* * * 3. Rebellion.* Requires a means to rebel..weapons.

* * So. That 2nd Amendment to the Bill of RIGHTS is the guarantee , the remedy, that all other rights can, if need be, be preserved from a breach by Party A.

* * *Freedom is not free.* *If corruption sets in, the slippery slope is going to happen.* Then Party B better have a remedy.* The Founders foresaw the possibility, from experience, that the mere promise of a government run by humans to he fair and just, could, and probably would, get corrupt, unless the Ultimate power was in the people.* The removal of weapons makes the People so weak that the government never fears. ..*

* * *That diplomacy of Teddy Roosevelt, "walk softly, but carry a big stick" is wise.

* * *So if you value Amendment No. 1, be sure to not lose or dilute Amendment No.2 for it guarantees you can keep the benefits of the First !**

* * *It's not about the guns, it's about securing Creator-endowed rights from corrupt leadership.* Corruption is as natural as breathing. Once the weapons are out of reach to Party B, it can't enforce anything against a breach by a Party A.
Old     (WakeWise)      Join Date: Jun 2014       03-15-2018, 9:06 PM Reply   
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...91543660926838
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-16-2018, 3:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeWise View Post
All contracts need a remedy for when one side breaches the Agreement.* Note the order of the Amendments in the Bill of Rights.* *The first tells Party A (the Central Government) what Inalienable Rights (given them by the Creator) are retained by the People. (The Bill of Rights was added to tell the Federal Government what it can't do under the Contract (The Constitution). "Congress shall pass no law...".* *

* * But what happens if the Federal Government ignores that part of the Contract?* What's the remedy?*

* * *1. The ballot...peaceful, but effective if utilized.* But if corrupt, even the ballot does not work..old England, e.g.**

* * * 2. Civil disobedience ..protests, usually praceful, but not always.* Powerless people can lose their right to protest; in some countries, they are just eliminated by a corrupt government ..countries where the people have no means to fight back, e.g. (America was born because it fought tyranny with weapons that the Colonists had for their own purposes, (personal safety, or to secure their property from poachers, etc.) because there were no courts to enforce anything...the person had to protect his own.* So it was somewhat 'providential ' that they even had some means to "take up arms".)

* * * 3. Rebellion.* Requires a means to rebel..weapons.

* * So. That 2nd Amendment to the Bill of RIGHTS is the guarantee , the remedy, that all other rights can, if need be, be preserved from a breach by Party A.

* * *Freedom is not free.* *If corruption sets in, the slippery slope is going to happen.* Then Party B better have a remedy.* The Founders foresaw the possibility, from experience, that the mere promise of a government run by humans to he fair and just, could, and probably would, get corrupt, unless the Ultimate power was in the people.* The removal of weapons makes the People so weak that the government never fears. ..*

* * *That diplomacy of Teddy Roosevelt, "walk softly, but carry a big stick" is wise.

* * *So if you value Amendment No. 1, be sure to not lose or dilute Amendment No.2 for it guarantees you can keep the benefits of the First !**

* * *It's not about the guns, it's about securing Creator-endowed rights from corrupt leadership.* Corruption is as natural as breathing. Once the weapons are out of reach to Party B, it can't enforce anything against a breach by a Party A.
Can you cite anything post 1900?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       03-16-2018, 6:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Can you cite anything post 1900?
you think the constitution is no longer relevant? Wasn't written yesterday!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-16-2018, 7:32 AM Reply   
"The statistics are really very clear. The more guns the more gun deaths"


Gun ownership has been increasing yet "statistically the US has never been safer"

Man you are all over the place.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       03-16-2018, 9:39 AM Reply   
if you own a gun store(try to focus, yes people actually have a retail location where you buy guns), SURELY you're more likely to die than everyone else. I mean, you're around guns EVERY DAY. Who knows, people might actually have their carry weapon WITH THEM at work. So you're around a bunch of guns, around a bunch of people with guns. So how is a gun store NOT the most dangerous place in the world???

Last edited by denverd1; 03-16-2018 at 9:42 AM.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-16-2018, 1:12 PM Reply   
This is the list of legal guns in what i would assume is not a very "gun friendly" state. Just handguns, list looks like there are 100's of them on the list. How many guns do you think you need?
https://www.oag.ca.gov/firearms/certguns
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-16-2018, 2:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
you think the constitution is no longer relevant? Wasn't written yesterday!
WhyTF do you think the authors of the Constitution called them "Amendments"? Do you know what the word "amend" means?

Last edited by wake77; 03-16-2018 at 2:33 PM.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       03-16-2018, 7:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
WhyTF do you think the authors of the Constitution called them "Amendments"? Do you know what the word "amend" means?
I wasn't there, I can't comment on that.

It is quite obvious however, that they wanted to protect our right to bear arms. It's the first thing they did after protecting our right to free speech and a few other things.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-16-2018, 8:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
It is quite obvious however, that they wanted to protect our right to bear arms.
How can you comment on that, you weren't there?
Old     (Smoothie)      Join Date: Feb 2018       03-17-2018, 5:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
How can you comment on that, you weren't there?
I think it's pretty obvious the intent was the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

Don't have to be there to understand what they were thinking, they freaking wrote it down!!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-17-2018, 11:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
I think it's pretty obvious the intent was the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

Don't have to be there to understand what they were thinking, they freaking wrote it down!!
Yeah, i was being facetious.

It's clear about being able to bear arms. What's less clear is the definition of "arms", everyone agrees there are limitations about what citizens can bear, what's being argued is where the line is. Nerve gas not ok, assult rifle ok, etc.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-19-2018, 12:57 PM Reply   
And here's exactly why the loony left can piss up a rope on their gun control bull****

https://nypost.com/2018/03/19/congre...pposing-trump/
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-19-2018, 4:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
I wasn't there, I can't comment on that.

It is quite obvious however, that they wanted to protect our right to bear arms. It's the first thing they did after protecting our right to free speech and a few other things.
Because they recognized this was a country that would evolve over the years. If the Constitution wasn't meant to be revisited, then women would still be unable to vote and African Americans would still be counted as 3/5 citizens when concerning Congressional representation.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-19-2018, 8:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
If the Constitution wasn't meant to be revisited, then women would still be unable to vote and African Americans would still be counted as 3/5 citizens when concerning Congressional representation.
Racer refers these times as "The good old days" MAGA
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-20-2018, 9:01 AM Reply   
Who cares what I refer to them as, Ralph? You don't even live here, all you got is a place to openly whine & bitch about your disdain for our country & a president that has zero bearing on your life. Rather comical to know he upsets snowflakes in Aus as well.

Another school shooting this morning, only he was shot by the resource office before he could do more damage. Get used to armed schools, not gun control. I look forward to the pages & pages of you guys crying about it non stop.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       03-20-2018, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
Who cares what I refer to them as, Ralph? You don't even live here, all you got is a place to openly whine & bitch about your disdain for our country & a president that has zero bearing on your life. Rather comical to know he upsets snowflakes in Aus as well.

Another school shooting this morning, only he was shot by the resource office before he could do more damage. Get used to armed schools, not gun control. I look forward to the pages & pages of you guys crying about it non stop.

It won't make national news and you definitely won't hear about it here. Good guy with a gun, protecting kids. Seems like armed guards at schools (until the "gun free zone" BS is changed) is already working.

Looking forward to seeing how creative you gun control nuts really are. Who's up first to spin this one?
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-20-2018, 11:06 AM Reply   
LOL @ it not making national news. It's on the front page of every news website that there is. I guess you can call this a "win" since only 2 kids were hurt, but not killed.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       03-20-2018, 11:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanfield View Post
LOL @ it not making national news. It's on the front page of every news website that there is. I guess you can call this a "win" since only 2 kids were hurt, but not killed.
If you're a troubled teen thinking of shooting your classmates, the message is loud and clear.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-20-2018, 11:25 AM Reply   
A example of typical liberal logic
Attached Images
 
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-20-2018, 11:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanfield View Post
LOL @ it not making national news. It's on the front page of every news website that there is. I guess you can call this a "win" since only 2 kids were hurt, but not killed.
That's comical. You people dismiss that there are more deaths from other attacks but want to fall back on righties being glad it was only 2? You're right, we are glad it was only two since others didn't get hurt. You sickos are giddy with glee when it's more & you can politicize it by using those kids as pawns.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-20-2018, 11:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
If you're a troubled teen thinking of shooting your classmates, the message is loud and clear.
I'm not following you? It's illegal to take a gun to school, they're gun free zones. It is clearly the gun that broke the rules as that kid can read the signs....
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-20-2018, 11:40 AM Reply   
I’m all for stricter gun laws let’s start with this one.
If you use a gun in the commission of a crime (any crime) I say you get mandatory life in prison” here in SF if you are in possession of a stolen Gun your (not using it in a crime) just caught with it you are ticked and let go. F ing “ ridiculous “
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-20-2018, 11:54 AM Reply   
Even better, only two injured, only death is the shooter.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-20-2018, 1:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanfield View Post
LOL @ it not making national news. It's on the front page of every news website that there is. I guess you can call this a "win" since only 2 kids were hurt, but not killed.
It's barely making the news. I've been working from home all morning with Channel 2 running in the back ground. Not one mention. If it was a massacre that fit the gun ban agenda it would be running non-stop like the last incident. This story supports arming people at schools, and most people don't want to support that idea.

I sure hope my daughters school district is considering arming someone on the campus.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-20-2018, 1:30 PM Reply   
Its not even on the main section of MSN.com now. That is really disturbing if its only because it doesn't fit their narrative.

What was on the front page was some hooker suing Trump to break a confidentiality agreement. If its on the front page of news sites, hasn't she already broke the agreement??????
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-20-2018, 1:37 PM Reply   
Props to the school deputy that was able to quickly take care of the purp before more were hurt. As far as shootings go this one is about as good an outcome as possible.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-20-2018, 2:07 PM Reply   
Definitely fizzled out quickly as far as a news story goes. I'm not so sure that it's because it doesn't fit the narrative of evil left leaning news outlets or the fact that school shootings are such commonplace that it's not really a story if there are no casualties. Pretty sad either way. I don't have guns or kids so I don't really give too many meh's.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       03-20-2018, 2:19 PM Reply   
It's almost insignificant when compared to Parkland, Sandy Hook, etc. Journalism code of conduct: "if it bleeds, it leads". I guess it doesn't quite bleed enough.

Definitely doesn't fit the agenda narrative. And you definitely won't hear anyone saying Trump did something right or had a good idea about keeping kids safe.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-20-2018, 2:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
And you definitely won't hear anyone saying Trump did something right or had a good idea about keeping kids safe.
Did he have anything to do with today's events?
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-20-2018, 2:24 PM Reply   
Forget about the shooting, an AR wasn't used. What it is very important right now is that Stormy passed a polygraph in which she says: Trump & her & unprotected vaginal sex. And the biggest shocker, she was promised a role on The Apprentice. In other news a whore doing what opportunistic whores do, then wanted to sell the story but was outbid by Trumps lawyers & when he ran for president the other networks suddenly found her story to be worth much more than they originally offered you, but now that they are paying her & her legal fees it's front page again. Shocker, billionaire playboy promises porn star role and she drops to her knees now upset she didn't get the part. #metoo....
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       03-20-2018, 2:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanfield View Post
Did he have anything to do with today's events?
afternoon of Parkland shooting, he said he was against schools being gun free zones and thought armed guards was the best, quickest defense. every district had a decision to make. I'm glad Greater Mills was proactive.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-20-2018, 2:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
afternoon of Parkland shooting, he said he was against schools being gun free zones and thought armed guards was the best, quickest defense. every district had a decision to make. I'm glad Greater Mills was proactive.
Parkland had an "armed guard". He never went in to confront the shooter. But way to try to spin the narrative.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-20-2018, 2:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
A example of typical liberal logic
Honest question, why do you give a $h!t if a woman has an abortion? Outlaw abortion and number of people on welfare increases. Seems like a conundrum for conservatives.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       03-20-2018, 3:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Parkland had an "armed guard". He never went in to confront the shooter. But way to try to spin the narrative.
Resource officer sound better to your little ears?

should be more specific job qualifications for such a position. Glad you're warming up to the idea.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-20-2018, 4:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Honest question, why do you give a $h!t if a woman has an abortion?
People who feel the need to tell others how to live their lives. If it's domestic you can make laws. If it's foreign you can make war.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-21-2018, 2:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
Resource officer sound better to your little ears?

should be more specific job qualifications for such a position. Glad you're warming up to the idea.
He was a sheriff's deputy. SRO's are typically law enforcement officers from local sheriff/police departments. He had years of law enforcement experience.

Keep spinning.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       03-21-2018, 8:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
He was a sheriff's deputy. SRO's are typically law enforcement officers from local sheriff/police departments. He had years of law enforcement experience.

Keep spinning.
I know, it wasn't a blood bath like you hoped. maybe next time
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-21-2018, 9:26 AM Reply   
Why do liberals want so many kids dead just to get a a law in place? How much more blood must be spilled to appease the loony left?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-22-2018, 3:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
I know, it wasn't a blood bath like you hoped. maybe next time
17 kids were killed in FL at a school with an SRO. WTF are you talking about?
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-22-2018, 3:41 AM Reply   
Jeremey, as a coward, identifies with the Florida coward who stood by while kids died, exactly what Jeremy would have done, he loves dead kids if it score political points. The cowards on the left can’t fathom that there are real men that would run in because they myopically believe everyone is as scared and dishonest as they themselves are. Psych 101 **** here, easy to see through.
Old     (Smoothie)      Join Date: Feb 2018       03-22-2018, 10:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Parkland had an "armed guard". He never went in to confront the shooter. But way to try to spin the narrative.
He was a pussy and not doing his job, happens to cops sometimes. His superiors agreed he didn't do his job and suspended him without pay. He has to live with his cowardness, and a lot of families paid the price. That doesn't mean it's not a good idea.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ing/index.html
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-23-2018, 3:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
Jeremey, as a coward, identifies with the Florida coward who stood by while kids died, exactly what Jeremy would have done, he loves dead kids if it score political points. The cowards on the left can’t fathom that there are real men that would run in because they myopically believe everyone is as scared and dishonest as they themselves are. Psych 101 **** here, easy to see through.
Dude, I'm not the guy that needs to carry a gun everywhere I go to feel safe. I don't identify with anyone.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       03-27-2018, 8:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Dude, I'm not the guy that needs to carry a gun everywhere I go to feel safe. I don't identify with anyone.
except victims
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-27-2018, 9:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Dude, I'm not the guy that needs to carry a gun everywhere I go to feel safe. I don't identify with anyone.
Typical liberals response. "Because I don't carry", "because I don't identify" means you're right every ones wrong & if they don't agree they're somehow beneath you.

True story, just a few weeks ago, friend of a friend who is against guns, can't understand why his GF who's from the midwest would be a CCW holder & was just beside himself that girl has a bigger set of balls, because he wasn't raised around fire arms. Well downtown Denver has never been a dangerous place till the last couple years when crime & violence has shot through the roof. Homey got jumped by two black guys outside a theater & chick had to pull the weapon while by standers finally felt safe to jump in & hold them till the cops came. Guess who's now got a .45 & taking his CCW classes.

Just because you think you're tough & could fight off something like that, doesn't mean anyone else has to give up their right or throw fist a cuffs with someone. Me, I am told to throw blows & will simply shoot someones ass if they try to jump me, that is my right. Your right is to disagree till you finally get your head beat in and change your mind. Not to dictate to everyone else what they're right is because you don't "feel" the need for a weapon.

Last edited by racer808; 03-27-2018 at 9:09 AM.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-27-2018, 10:16 AM Reply   
"told" means too old, I my fingers just don't move as fast as my mouth sometimes
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-27-2018, 10:22 AM Reply   
I feel I need to clarify for all those who think they don't feel the need to carry. I don't feel the need, I hope to never have to pull it, I would only pull it if the fist a cuffs start, never to scare someone away. The entire point of carrying is hoping to never have to use it. The more common carrying becomes, the more common people thinking twice before messing with someone will come into play. You can think you're tough all you want. You ain't **** against a group of people & you aint **** with someone with a knife, gun, rocks, etc. In fact if you've ever taken any sort of training being hand to hand or firearms, you'd know they teach you a guy with a knife with-in 25' will get to you before you have a chance to pull the trigger, they have the advantage.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 9:11 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us