Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       10-28-2012, 4:33 PM Reply   
I'm looking around for some snowboarding gear. I live in TN so I won't be getting a lot of heavy use but I'd still like something good looking. Where should I look online to order a jacket and pants?

Just so you have an idea what I'm into here is what I have been looking at:

686 Reserved Havoc Insulated Jacket (White Colorblack)
http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/L2W113WHT

Foursquare Havoc Jacket (Sunset Cobain) Jackets
http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/280942804

KR3W Logan Jacket (Charcoal Grey) Jackets
http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/ZK22129CHR

I want to keep it inexpensive. I'm planning a trip out to Denver CO in early January which is the main reason for the gear.

CHeers, Parker
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       10-29-2012, 8:03 AM Reply   
dogfunk.com - i buy a TON of my snow gear there.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       10-29-2012, 8:40 AM Reply   
whiskeymilitia.com!! They do one item every hour but you can find goggles and pants and jackets for up 85% off. They have some crazy good deals. I just picked up some $130 electrics for $40.
Old     (chad23)      Join Date: Jan 2008       10-29-2012, 9:48 AM Reply   
whiskeymilitia.com for sure. great deals on anything action sports
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       10-31-2012, 10:24 AM Reply   
I would check out dogfunk.com, for sure. They offer a 100% lifetime guarantee, so basically if something fails, they have your back. Whiskeymilitia is actually the same company as dogfunk, but without the 100% guarantee. Basically one item pops up at a time, at a crazy deal. There is also departmentofgoods.com, which is the closeout site, previous years gear goes to, from dogfunk and backcountry.com.
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-31-2012, 10:58 AM Reply   
dogfunk and whiskeymillita for sure. WhiskyMiliita is dog funks clearance site.
backcrounty also, which is like the skiers version of dog funk and also has a clearance site. can't remember it's name, but has different stuff than WhiskyMiliita.

I see both your jacket choices are insulated, which i've had for my last 2 jackets and I usually get too hot after 10am. planning my next jacket to just be a shell and than have a mid lightweight fleece layer I can shed easily. I've been in tshirts with my insulated jackets and still been too warm. really digging the AK 2L Cyclic. simple, slim and tough. not always a burton fan, but the jackets and boots are pretty dependable in my experience. had a foursquare and a special blend. both ok, but not going with water repellant/proof spray on type coating every again. only gortex type going forward. I've heard good things about bonfire also, but they ones i've tried on seemed short. I'm 6'2" and thin so the burtons/special blends have fit best.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-31-2012, 11:48 AM Reply   
I can recommend 686 gear very highly i have a few outfits from them. If you can find it get some of their gear with the smarty technology, it basically has removable liners so if its cold you leave them in, and if its warm you take them out. Great stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Old    sperbet            11-01-2012, 12:25 PM Reply   
whiskeymilitia is great as already mentioned. Pretty sure they have 686 on sale right now in the 'private stash' area.

departmentofgoods.com is the parent site to whiskey and is also a good one.

the other two I check out are, the-house.com and evogear.com
Old    sperbet            11-01-2012, 12:39 PM Reply   
oh and another good site, a little more low profile is christysports.com. Not sure how they are for outerwear, but I just bought boots from them. They had far more selection on discounted boots than all of the other sites noted above.
Old     (Anaru)      Join Date: Jan 2012       11-01-2012, 3:46 PM Reply   
The-house is a great site!!! I've had 2 bad experiences with dogfunk so I never went back to them. Once the left the 'biscuit plate' that holds your bindings on out of the pack, and another time, I asked the online guru if I could order a certain brand (lib tech) to aus, in which they said yes, I ordered, they took my money, and waited 2 weeks before they notified me I could receive it, and took another week to get my money back so I could get the board locally... So yes never again! Lol
The house all the way!!!
Old     (SidebarEyewear)      Join Date: May 2013       05-23-2013, 1:23 PM Reply   
Dogfunk has a real good selection. Prices aren't bad either. Others mentions whiskey militia is good too. Don't be afraid to try amazon or ebay people buy new stuff then never use it so prices are great