Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-12-2007, 5:26 PM Reply   
I am looking for names and numbers of fitters of the CTI line of knee braces in the San Jose, CA area.

I am getting the run around from both the insurance company, and CTI. CTI has names but no insurance provider info (which is expected). I printed the list of providers through my insurance's website and called about a dozen looking for a fitter for the CTI knee brace and they are completely clueless. I have tried sports medicine, durable med equipment etc. I have pretty much hit a wall between the three lists I have: insurance list, sports doc list, and CTI list. Who has been fitted where?

I also dont understand how this works. I called a healthnet provider for durable equipment that told me they order Don Joy stuff, but dont deal with healthnet? My insurance says it doesnt matter whether an In-network provider issued the prescription, its who I get fitted by and gives me the brace that needs to be in network. Yet everyone I talk to that does the fitting requires me to pay up front then submit my claim to healthnet, yet heathnet requires a Pre-Cert, WTF?

How does the whole knee brace, ordering fitting work? My knee feels good and I want to get on this for the upcoming summer!

Thanks.
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-12-2007, 5:36 PM Reply   
Matt,

I got my CTi2 brace from Hanger Prosthetics in Pleasanton. Here is a link with Hanger locations in California and it looks like there are 2 in San Jose.

http://www.hanger.com/sections/facilities/ca.html

I got a prescription for a CTi2 after my knee surgery last April. I went to Hanger, they molded a cast, and I had the brace a week later. It was a simple as that for me. They actually just made me a new brace a few weeks ago as the old one was not fitting properly anymore.

Have no idea what your insurance is like but I had no trouble at all dealing with my insurance and Hanger.
Good luck.
Tim

(Message edited by raketball on April 12, 2007)
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-12-2007, 5:39 PM Reply   
I have a CTI, called them directly, they gave me the name of the rep (Mike McMillen for Sac, I think), and we hooked up for a meeting. I think he handled the insurance...good luck, my brace was well worth the wait/minor hassle.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-12-2007, 5:59 PM Reply   
Have a doctor write a prescription for a cti brace,and have rep handle it.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-12-2007, 6:45 PM Reply   
Yah I got the prescription. I am just looking for somewhere to get fitted that wont be "out of network" which confuses the junk out of me. In network my responsibility is 10%, out of network is 50%! I have the prescription and called around, but its like nobody knows the procedure. So far everyone says I pay up front then submit my claim to insurance; they dont bill the insurance, I do?
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-12-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
Matt,

The provider should be able to call Health Net and get an authorization for billing for the brace+fitting. Then you can pay your portion (10%).