Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old     (boardordie)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-30-2003, 8:14 AM Reply   
I want to buy a competition boat but am on a budget. I've recently found a 92' Nautique open bow in my price range. I was wondering if anyone had any opinion on this boat... can I get a good wake for wakeboarding, over all performance of the boat, etc... Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-30-2003, 9:09 AM Reply   
Which model is it (Ski, Sport, Excel, etc.)? You will get some great responses here, but you might also want to check http://www.planetnautique.com for more information on Nautiques.

(Message edited by planetnautique on October 30, 2003)
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-30-2003, 11:28 AM Reply   
We have a 93 closed bow. It performs great for boarding, skiing and barefooting. We use a fat seat and a 550# sack or lots of and the wake is good. Solid build.
Old     (boardordie)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-30-2003, 12:34 PM Reply   
pwork

I'm looking at the same model you have on your profile only a year older. Is that the "ski" model? Forgive my ignorance... this will be my first inboard. I've been drooling over them for a long time as I ride around in my beat up glastron. Have you had any problem with soft spots in the floor?
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-30-2003, 12:52 PM Reply   
Be careful with the 92. They used a pro-tec ignition, which was a one year thing I believe. I have a 92 and it has given me a bunch of trouble this year after performing well last year. I really have no other complaints about the boat. It is plenty big, throws a nice wake, and is priced right. See mine in my profile pic.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-30-2003, 5:34 PM Reply   
I have a '90 Sport Nautique (open bow). I've been really happy w/ it so far. It throws an ok wake with just 4 people and w/ a couple sacks (~500 lbs) on each side of the motor the wake is pretty darn good for my level. There are probably only a couple things that I do not like..... Mine has 2 captains chairs instead of a normal observer seat/bench so you loose a lot of storage, but I may swap it out this winter? I'm not sure if the 92 had that. It also has a fiberglassed in swim platform which I actually really like, but that in combination w/ the angled back of the boat makes it really easy to have water come in over the back of the boat...especially when weighted. You just have to be aware when driving and it isn't that big of a deal though. My boat is still solid and I'm happy so far. If you have any other questions then just let me know!

Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-30-2003, 5:37 PM Reply   
swim platform

Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       10-30-2003, 7:11 PM Reply   
I used to have a Nauty with the Pro-Tec ignition. The only challenge I had was a bad spark plug wire, that with a little wiggle, allowed us to keep on wakeboarding. You can not go wrong with a Nauty. Mine was good to me for many years, and it was a sad day when I sold it, to benefit my career.

Here is a picture of the wake.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-30-2003, 7:15 PM Reply   
This thread reminded me to pull out a vid of when we used to ride behind a 96' Ski Nautique.

Really nice wake with a lot of weight.
Old     (boardordie)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-31-2003, 4:53 AM Reply   
I'm taking the boat out for a test drive this Sunday. Thanks for all the advice... looks like I have all the syptoms of a nautique fever all will end up buying the boat. I'll keep an eye on that ignition though.

thanks again for the help. will post pics as soon as she's mine.
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-31-2003, 6:33 AM Reply   
Kevin-

Floor is rock solid! Along with the rest of the boat. Peter I love the look of you sport w/ the tower.
Old     (trey)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-31-2003, 7:29 AM Reply   
I have a 90 Ski Nautique and the wake excellent. On a budget, I don't think you can find a better boat. Nautiques are good quality, so you shouldn't have too much to worry about even with the age.
Old    maverick_gear            10-31-2003, 9:19 AM Reply   
dude i really like the old nautiques they have a sick wake with weight, i suggest about 1500pds of lead since the boat is small and with that much water there is no room for people. surprisingly that little boat handles alot of weight without even thinking of sinking. the wake shape is sick. with about 1500pds there is enough wake for me to do basic inverts and spins plus the old correctcrafts are build FREEKIN SOLID!!!!
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-11-2003, 10:02 AM Reply   
Kevin,
Did you get the boat? If so, post some pics...
Old     (boardordie)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-12-2003, 8:10 AM Reply   
Rod

I did buy the boat... I can't wait for spring to get here. I live in Ohio so now I have a great boat but have to sit on it for 6 months waiting to use it

Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-12-2003, 8:54 AM Reply   
Kevin,

Looks great! Have fun sitting in it this winter making boat noises!
Old     (g_miller)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-12-2003, 5:39 PM Reply   
Good looking boat Kevin. I did the same thing when I bought my first inboard, I bought it at the end of October and sat on it ALL winter.

I see you ride at CJ Brown Res. I,m about 20 min from there. We've done alot of riding at Buck creek.

Good luck with the boat.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-12-2003, 8:48 PM Reply   
Kevin,
Great looking boat. Can't go wrong with a Nautique! Good Luck.......
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-12-2003, 8:50 PM Reply   
Oh,
By the way, I threw a Monster Tower on my 92, and it is as advertised. I'm very happy with it..