Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-13-2012, 6:10 AM Reply   
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/1650...auses-flooding

Crazy!
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-13-2012, 7:09 AM Reply   
At least it wasn't a car show
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-13-2012, 7:53 AM Reply   
Man that sucks. I know a lot of hard work went into putting this event on. Looked like it was going to be one sick rail jam!
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-13-2012, 9:57 AM Reply   
Yeah I feel so bad for all my boys I know Quinn and Chris among many others put lots of hours into the setup... sorry guys. Next year :/
Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-13-2012, 11:27 AM Reply   
Setup looked sick!!!
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-13-2012, 12:28 PM Reply   
Why were people running? ... duh.... your surrounded by boats.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-15-2012, 3:44 PM Reply   
grab a wakesurfer from the nearest rack and enjoy!

at least it was not one of those fishing tanks that burst. would have had flopping fish everywhere... but then again there would have been less water likely.
... speaking of fishing, i bet this li'l mishap just gives fishermen another reason to hate on wakeboarders ;P
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-15-2012, 4:16 PM Reply   
How'd it happen?
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-15-2012, 6:38 PM Reply   
Just to make this thread a little more intriguing, who is this guy and do his assertions have any merit?
Attached Images

Old     (dru1974)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-16-2012, 4:49 AM Reply   
What a goof. Really what could u have lost that an attorney would be worth while. A ****ty puter

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=49.989176,-110.722542
Old     (astinwes)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-16-2012, 5:22 AM Reply   
i spoke with the guy who owns the cable park, he seemed to super nice. The bleachers near the boats were pushed back into some of the boats by the pool, but i didn't see any damage. Wouldn't a dealer have insurance for situations like these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru1974 View Post
What a goof. Really what could u have lost that an attorney would be worth while. A ****ty puter

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=49.989176,-110.722542
Old     (wakerpunk)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-16-2012, 5:30 AM Reply   
Someone hit my car... I didn't sue or go for money because miraculously he hit the tire and no damage was done.... If no damage was done why the F*&K would someone sue!!! That @sshole dealer$hit doesn't realize that the pool setup was likely to be the biggest crowd draw to the boat show. I would be willing to bet that he would have made a sale out of it, whether some grandfather went to see the pool session with his grandson and ended up buying a pontoon or something.....
Old     (Brian)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-16-2012, 7:10 AM Reply   
Marine Max had a couple of SANTE sitting there on display that were knocked over. I believe there was some damage, but I'm not sure if you could sue over it.

Heck though, with everyone being so sue happy, I'm sure there will be some suits over it.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       01-16-2012, 7:53 AM Reply   
Seems like there are a lot of assumptions being made here that are leading to some pretty harsh conclusions regarding some of the other boat show participants. Those boat dealers pay pretty big bucks for a booth. This incident delayed their use of the booth for some time, Have you guys ever heard of "loss of use?" Those of you railing about how boats couldn't be damaged by water, were you there? Sounds lke some pricey boats got knocked over. Did you guys see that there was no dajage? Those saying that insurance should pay, do you think it might be thecase the the claim will either be subrogated against the pool owner's insurance compnay? Or sue the pool owner in the case that he might not be insured?

There are businesses who count on boat show sales for a large chunk of their annual revenue. The show opened late as a result of this mishap. Neighboring booths that had been carefully set up were disrupted. Products got damaged. And you guys accuse those impacted of being litigious? Why should these small businesses be asked to suck it up and face your ire? Get real. That whining reminds me of the occupy punks. This is the real world folks. This is America. Sounds to me like the dealers and others affected are certainly due compensation, perhaps through due process of law.

I don't like to see this kind of thing, and I am an advocate for wakeboarding. But the responsibilty is on the pool owner, and litigation is how matters like this are decided. It's a bad deal, and I hope the guy behind the pool has insurance, like any responsible party should.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       01-16-2012, 8:08 AM Reply   
Whoever was putting on the show has to have an event policy to cover anything that might happen at said event. It is standard procedure to protect the owners of the venue from any liability.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-16-2012, 1:23 PM Reply   
I'm sure there was damage. And those with damaged goods deserve to be compensated. I hope no one takes the quest for compensation too far though. I also hope that this isn't the end of rail jams at Boat Shows. They bring a lot of life.
Old     (astinwes)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-16-2012, 1:37 PM Reply   
I was there on saturday, they could have moved the damaged boats out, but my wife and I both looked and didn't see anything. They have an indoor pool every year, usually pulling riders with a winch. This is the first year we have had the large pool and two tower system at the atl boat show. I hate it happened, i hope they correct any issues for next year.

Other venues have much larger setups than this. I've heard several different stories, even talking to the people who had booths by the pool and no ones story matches. Some say it was a design issue, some say a rider stuck a board in the side, the news they over filled it.