Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old    robertt            07-15-2005, 8:58 PM Reply   
time tonight.

This is supposed to be an advanced board, but all that tried it that were even more "newbie" than me said it was the most rider friendly board they have ever been on. I only took one set (8 beers into the night), but it was very, very user friendly. Usually when I try to ollie or whatever it is called I end up on my face...tonight I popped up like it was nothing.

I love the board so far!!!

Now, the bindings. Very easy to get into. The most comfortable things I have ever been in. No tight spots, nothing but control and squishy goodness.

Until I wanted out. Good lord, those things were a nightmare to get my size 14 dogs out of. WAY more comfy than my Mobes, but very hard to get out of compared to the others. Is there a secret???

Anyway, now I can say without hesitation, if you are over 220 and a fairly new boarder....spring for the ERA 147 upfront...and only buy one board. I wish I would have. Its more user friendly than my CWB SOL by far...I expected a different exsperience from a 3 stage board.

Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-15-2005, 9:22 PM Reply   
What size is the Sol? Are you getting rid of it?
Old    robertt            07-16-2005, 10:38 AM Reply   
No, I think I am just going to keep it as a boat board.

As an update, I figured out how to thrash around like an idiot and get out of the bindings. They will break in I am sure.
Old     (atropine)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-16-2005, 11:05 AM Reply   
My XL Temets were the same way. After 4-5 uses, they broke in and I can now get out fairly easy without resorting to using soap like the first few times. I actually pulled one of the BOA wires out the first time. Re-tightened it, and haven't had a problem since.