Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (fury)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-17-2003, 12:04 PM Reply   
our group is planning a california wake boarding trip in july. we'll be traveling down I-5 from seattle as far south as the Delta (sacramento area). we want to hit the best lakes along the interstate + an hour or 2 either side. def hitting the delta and lake shasta. we'll have 9 day trip time. RV/seadoos & jeep towing the NEW moomba mobius lsv! any info would be great!
Old    jetgofish            11-17-2003, 12:44 PM Reply   
Lake Oriville, is a great place to hit. Lake Sonoma is another. Fury whare are you coming from? I live on the Delta!
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-17-2003, 12:53 PM Reply   
dont forget shasta
Old    walt            11-17-2003, 1:17 PM Reply   
ORVILLE, Sonoma, Berryessa and Medocino.
Orville would be My first pick!
Old     (kneebone)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-17-2003, 3:49 PM Reply   
Whiskeytown Lake. 15 min West of I5 at Redding. Take 299 West till you hit the lake. Water clarity is 40 ft at least. National Parks runs the lake so PWC are banned. Hit Shasta one day and the next Whiskeytown. You won't regret it.
Old    cbreed            11-17-2003, 9:18 PM Reply   
Go for the big time and just head straight for havasu, or powell skipping the other lakes. You can make it there in 24 hours. We did it in a 1979 tioga moterhome pulling a Super air. It will definatly be worth the extra hours driving.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-18-2003, 10:08 AM Reply   
If you are going to hit the delta you want to at least go as far as paradise point. Take I5 to eight mile road just north of stockton. or i know my brother kevin would be down to ride with you guys too and we live off the march lane exit in stockton only two miles from launch access.
Old    sandman            11-18-2003, 11:13 AM Reply   
Leave yourself 2 or 3 days for Shasta. You wont want to leave.
Old    jetpilotrider03            11-18-2003, 3:31 PM Reply   
shasta...whiskeytown is too choppy i think..if you want glass and can take the cold..go to trinity lake
Old    buttacup            11-18-2003, 5:47 PM Reply   
Where in Havasu do you find butter to ride on? I would have to say Delta, and have heard Powell and Shasta are great spots too.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-18-2003, 6:05 PM Reply   
Gayle,
Forget I-5.
Get on the 49 and go through the Mother Lode.
You'll hit the best lakes Nor Cal has to offer.
From north to south:
New Bullards Bar (one of the sickest lakes ever),
Folsom, New Hogan, New Malones (another sick lake), Don Pedro, and Lake Mc Clure, and a heaps of lakes in between.
Then when you've hit all those spots, drive west about an hour and you'll get to the Delta.
Go to AAA and get "California's Mother Lode" map.
While reading this map you can also get a history lesson about California's Gold Rush. Not that I care about that stuff or anything.
But definetly put New Bullards Bar on your list!
Old    jetgofish            11-19-2003, 9:07 AM Reply   
I think I might have to agree with Alan, 49 will offer ten times more lakes that the I-5 will! Bullards rocks, it's a mini Shasta. Hit Shasta then plunge of on 49 and off the the Delta, this will make your trip well worth every minute of your drive from Seattle!
Old     (fury)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-19-2003, 1:13 PM Reply   
lots of great suggestions ! keep it coming, we'll narrow down the selections soon. 49 might prove to be very interesting.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-19-2003, 1:34 PM Reply   
Havasu blows for riding!! Powell and Mead are just about empty!! Go the 49 route and end up at the Delta. We expect to see a photo essay at some point so be sure to take a lot of pics.

Thank you.

BTW im very jealous.
Old    swpmwinc            11-19-2003, 1:55 PM Reply   
I have say the 49 route is most likely the best section of lakes in the west coast all of them are good some are great and they seem to be all about 1-2 hours apart as you travel south from bullards bar. There is a book called California Recreational Lakes that is a great resource.Most shops seem to have it.
Send me a P.M. we are in the middle of the 49 run (Auburn)
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-19-2003, 4:00 PM Reply   
Post up when its gets closer and I'm sure a few of us would be more than happy to meet ya along the way, most likely Bullards, eh GHETTOFISH?
Don't forget Tulloch on your way out of Don Pedro towards the Delta! I'd pass up Folsom, unless it were on a weekday!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-19-2003, 4:04 PM Reply   
Ghettofish!
Old    jetgofish            11-19-2003, 4:20 PM Reply   
I won't take away from the post, but ah yah, its been dubbed as the new name. I've tried to change it, but I would lose all my posting stats and every thing. So I'll keep the Jetgo for now but sign as Ghetto!! I must say 3-doors loves it and it's having rave reviews out here in Disco!!

Bullards Bar is da like, I would be willing to meet ya there! Hey Mike this time we will not make the hike up that hill!!!

Peace..da Ghettofish!!

(Message edited by jetgofish on November 19, 2003)
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-19-2003, 4:47 PM Reply   
Yea, Like Mike wrote - blow off Folsom. 10 years ago- it would have been a place to go. But now it's played.
Old     (owaved)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-20-2003, 3:02 AM Reply   
I agree with Matthew take the extra 40 min. and put in at Paradise. The Sacramento area is good, but the Stockton area provides more options and better water. Either way, sounds like a great adventure, should be a blast.
Old    deltahoosier            11-20-2003, 9:06 AM Reply   
I think I will take partial credit for the Ghetto-fish thing
Old    jetgofish            11-20-2003, 9:08 AM Reply   
Partial, I would say full!!!