Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old    260searay            03-09-2005, 2:52 PM Reply   
I am thinking about wetsuits and dont have a clue. I ride in lake erie and i dont think it got over 78 last summer. i would say late may it will be 55-60 and i am not waiting untill june just to ride 2-3 months. I am guessing i should get suit on the thick side but dont know what brands are good for the money and also sizes. I am 6'2ish 208 and i lift daily. should i get some chest, waist exc. measurements?
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-10-2005, 6:09 AM Reply   
Just as you have different jackets, you may need different suits. For very cold riding, a drysuit makes it warm. The baggy suits allow you to wear sweats underneath for warmth. The next step is a 4/3mm wetsuit. Wetsuits allow water in and your body warms it up and the suit provides insulation from the cold air and water. During colder water, I squirt warm water into my suit before I get in the cold water so it is not as much of a shock. There are also 3/2mm wetsuits in short and long versions. Great for cool conditions, but you will not overheat as with the dry or 4/3. Then there are skins 1-1.5mm shirts that keep the chill off for the early morning sets. My website has has illustrations of each. www.boarditup.com

There was just a discussion regarding Adrenaline Drysuits on this same board you should read.
Old     (blitzpb)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-11-2005, 10:09 AM Reply   
I have a 3/2 full wetsuit that I ride comfortably in 55 degree water. I would go in much colder than that though. If you go onto a wetsuit mfg's website they should give a chart of water temps that thier different thicknesses are good for.
Old    260searay            03-11-2005, 4:02 PM Reply   
That is cool, i am definately going to have to buy one. Any recomendations on certain brands?
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-11-2005, 6:38 PM Reply   
I sell Ocean Tec. Good stuff at decent prices. Lots of other brands to choose from. Here are the criteria:

1. Good neoprene.
2. Good cut - doesn't bunch up in bad areas.
3. Right size.
4. Right thickness and length.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-11-2005, 8:41 PM Reply   
Go dry suit all the way....
Nothing line being able to wear sweats and a longsleeve shirt and never get wet. Best way to go IMO.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-11-2005, 11:10 PM Reply   
o'neill boost drysuit is your best choice.