Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    ScottRobinson            09-02-2010, 10:43 AM Reply   
Hey Nick.... Joe Montana is the man. He was my childhood idle as well. I wore #16 playing in High School and in College. I was born in 75 so I am 35 now and got to watch alot of 49ers games with my Dad as a kid, never in person always on TV. Weird they were "our" team even though we lived in Indiana. Love to see mention of Joe anytime I can.... PROPS !!
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-02-2010, 11:37 AM Reply   
nfc east - dallas
nfc north - green bay
nfc south - new orleans
nfc west - san fran
wildcards - vikings and falcons

afc east - pats
afc north - baltimore
afc south - indianapolis
afc west - oakland
wildcards - cincinatti and jets
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2010, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder86 View Post
nfc east - dallas
nfc north - green bay
nfc south - new orleans
nfc west - san fran
wildcards - vikings and falcons

afc east - pats
afc north - baltimore
afc south - indianapolis
afc west - oakland
wildcards - cincinatti and jets
Oakland!?!!? I'm a Chiefs fan, and still know it will be neither of those two. Chargers are still too strong
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-02-2010, 12:24 PM Reply   
haha yeah, wanted to throw it in there as an upset. I don't know how good the chargers will be this year
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-02-2010, 12:32 PM Reply   
I always like him, even when I was just little, and then in like 3rd grade as a class project we had to write a "professional letter" to a famous person. I picked Joe, and sent this letter as well as my best football cards of his for an autograph.... I remember my dad asking me if I was okay with never seeing those cards again (with the safe assumption that he wasn't writing back) -- well I sent them all, about 3 weeks later I get this box in the mail, sort of forgot about sending the stuff in... inside the box:
His book - autographed my cards - autographed one of his jerseys - autographed and a 6 page hand written letter back from him.... after that he went from a good football player, to a great guy too.... it was amazing, ever since that, I've been a 9ers fan as well as Green Bay.

I have tickets for the Dec game between San Fran and Green Bay - --- I love rooting for the "away" team, makes the games so much more fun when you can just talk **** to all the "Home" team people - Vernon Davis jersey is ready for a cold cold Wisconsin night !
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-09-2010, 2:52 PM Reply   
Tonight should be great!!
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-09-2010, 6:38 PM Reply   
Holy crap, I'm watching the game, and they should a picture of Brett Favre's ankle and thigh after the NFC Championship game last year and all I have to say is WOW! Makes you appreciate what these guys go through on a weekly basis and the beating they take...
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-09-2010, 6:40 PM Reply   
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-09-2010, 6:58 PM Reply   
Pretty rusty start for both teams tonight.

My glorious Hawks will destroy San Fran by two touchdowns this Sunday!
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-09-2010, 7:15 PM Reply   
Watch out for big Mike Williams! He's been a beast so far, instead of a bust!
Old    sperbet            09-10-2010, 9:15 AM Reply   
You ready Cliff? He's coming for your QB. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
Attached Images

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-10-2010, 11:30 AM Reply   
Favre looked either great or looked his age.

Should be a good season!
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-10-2010, 11:38 AM Reply   
^^^ Yeeaahhhh Niners!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-10-2010, 11:50 AM Reply   
it is a smack talking thread when someone says oaklands going to win the division.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-10-2010, 2:07 PM Reply   
Hahaha they're my sleeper pick for the year.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-10-2010, 2:34 PM Reply   
Question: Why is everyone picking the 49ers to beat the hawks Sunday?
Granted the hawks are not looking too great, but the Hawks did beat the 49ers last year at Qwest.
Alex Smith had his best game ever and they still lost. If the Hawks can stop Gore, like last year, they should have a shot in this game, right?
Too bad Patrick Willis can't play on both sides of the ball...
Hawks 17 - 49ers 13
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-10-2010, 2:38 PM Reply   
BTW - I think Favre puts grey in his hair and had a professional makeup artist put those bruises on his leg and ankle. He loves playing up the old tough guy thing.
And did you hear he's a Grandfather!! The dude is only 41!!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-10-2010, 2:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlamont View Post
because seattle's rebuilding...even seattle's own sports reporters think the seahawks are going to suck this year. and they're usually over-optimistic, even more so than cliff!
Old    sperbet            09-10-2010, 3:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Granted the hawks are not looking too great, but the Hawks did beat the 49ers last year at Qwest.
Alex Smith had his best game ever and they still lost. If the Hawks can stop Gore, like last year, they should have a shot in this game, right?
Too bad Patrick Willis can't play on both sides of the ball...
Hawks 17 - 49ers 13
Easy answer, the 9ers have (or should have at least) improved, where as the Hawks likely haven't (I know, debatable also). If it weren't for a special teams disaster the 9ers would have won that game too. Anyway, I'm not expecting an easy win by any means. Qwest is a tough place to play.

They did stop him somewhat in the second meeting, but he only had 9 carries. you remember what Gore did in game 1 yeah? And here is another little tidbit of info I read earlier, "Gore has been dominant against the Seahawks. His 894 rushing yards since 2006 against the Seahawks are the most for any player in the NFL against one team during that period."
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-10-2010, 6:48 PM Reply   
i agree 49ers over seahawks. just don't see any improvement in seahawks this year over last year especially in coaching dept.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-12-2010, 12:51 PM Reply   
"afc west - oakland"

Good call on that one.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-12-2010, 2:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperbet View Post
You ready Cliff? He's coming for your QB. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Bahahahahahahahah.

How you folks liking the first half?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-12-2010, 4:18 PM Reply   
San Fran is going to dominate this year alright..

Sorry guys, I thought we'd only win by 14.

Bahahahahahaha!
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-12-2010, 9:18 PM Reply   
WOOOOOOOO!!!

How about them Niners!?!?

Wow, the score doesn't do the Hawks 49ers game justice, it was a hell of a game. We only had the ball for about 5 minutes in the 1st half, threw an int on the 1st play of the game, have two 3 and outs and end up with a 14-6 lead...And they had the ball in the red zone either 3 or 4 times....
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-13-2010, 6:12 AM Reply   
How about them Cowgirls? Another major screwup on primetime TV.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-13-2010, 6:28 AM Reply   
They tried to give the cowboys the game but they just wouldnt take it.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-13-2010, 6:54 AM Reply   
all you cowboys haters get it out of your system now.your fingers will get a rest in the up coming weeks.matt you obviously didn.t watch the game or you are soo elementary minded you don't understand. that washington couldn't even score a touchdown on offense.oh that right this is a smack talking thread. so those that know their team doesn't have a chance dream and all the rest hate on the best[the cowboys].go ahead and admit it . you wish you were a cowboys fan.
Old    sperbet            09-13-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by misteve View Post

Wow, the score doesn't do the Hawks 49ers game justice, it was a hell of a game. We only had the ball for about 5 minutes in the 1st half, threw an int on the 1st play of the game, have two 3 and outs and end up with a 14-6 lead...And they had the ball in the red zone either 3 or 4 times....
That was the story of the game. They couldn't capitalize when they had the chance and then it steam rolled. Very disappointing to say the least. The Hawks looked better then I thought and we played like poo. Didn't deserve to win and next week we play N.O. , 0-2 here we come
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-13-2010, 10:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
all you cowboys haters get it out of your system now.your fingers will get a rest in the up coming weeks.matt you obviously didn.t watch the game or you are soo elementary minded you don't understand. that washington couldn't even score a touchdown on offense.oh that right this is a smack talking thread. so those that know their team doesn't have a chance dream and all the rest hate on the best[the cowboys].go ahead and admit it . you wish you were a cowboys fan.
So let me get this straight, since I have an elementary mind.

Washington sucks, they could only score 13 points, and not one offensive touchdown...

I watched a game where the Cowgirls torched the redskins defense for 7 freaking points. Made more mental errors than any NFL should, and found a way to lose to the pathetic Skins. So heres my question, how pathetic does that make the cowgirls?

And no im not a fan of either team, I just find your post completely idiotic.

Last edited by mjfan23; 09-13-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-13-2010, 11:44 AM Reply   
I don't get why anyone would ever "wish" to be a Cowboys fan.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-13-2010, 11:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
I don't get why anyone would ever "wish" to be a Cowboys fan.
because they enjoy watching a team, arguably the most talented in football, underachieve every year...

I am not sure, just taking a shot at answering that question.....

GO BRONCOS!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-13-2010, 12:37 PM Reply   
The Cowboys are in real trouble this year unless they get all their OL back. They are an absolute joke. Nice play call at the end of the half. That kind of thing is why the cowboys suck balls. There was absolutely nothing to gain from throwing the ball and then to dink it to a running back was beyond dumb. I believe 3 people share the blame on that one. The idiot coach for calling a pass play, the idiot QB for throwing it to the rb when he got flushed instead of downing the ball and the idiot RB for trying to make something out of nothing.

The Hawks looked awful at times and great at others. I really think they have a good shot at winning the NFC West(not saying much). They have a chance because the QB's in the West are absolutely horrible. A healthy Matt with a decent amount of time is far and away the best QB in the division. That right there gives us the edge in every game in the division. Matt absolutely abused the niner CBs who were trying to jump the routes. Goes to show you how smart Hasselbeck is. He must of seen the niner cb's jumping routes in film.

Alex Smith is so damn horrible it isn't even funny. Crabtree looks lost out on the field. Vernon Davis is the most overhyped player in the NFL. With that terrible passing offense every team is going to stack the box and shut down Gore. All the Niners have is a good rb and Patrick Willis. I thought the niners would be pretty solid this year but I am not so sure anymore.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-13-2010, 1:25 PM Reply   
Boy was a way off with my prediction...I thought the 49ers would at least score a touchdown.

So far, this "rebuilding" is going pretty good for the Hawks!!

Bring on the Broncos next week!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-13-2010, 1:37 PM Reply   
Go Hawks, Poor niners, wow they really sucked Sunday! Seahawks will finish 10 wins 6 losses. Hopefully that will get them in the playoffs
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-13-2010, 1:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv420 View Post
Go Hawks, Poor niners, wow they really sucked Sunday! Seahawks will finish 10 wins 6 losses. Hopefully that will get them in the playoffs
8 wins would get them in the playoffs with the NFC west. 10 wins would be awesome but I bet they finish with 7-9 wins this year. I hope you are right though.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-13-2010, 2:40 PM Reply   
I'm going to go ahead and throw it out there...

The Titans are the team to beat this year!!!!!!!!! But Houston is going to give them a run this year in the South, especially if Foster keeps up his pace (happy to see a Vol have a stellar game).
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-13-2010, 3:13 PM Reply   
Hawks game was great! The defense was old school bend but don't break and the passing game was great with all our wide receiver weapons and good protection for Matthew. Pete Carol was a blast to watch on the side lines, love to see the passion he has for the game and his players. After yesterdays game I'm thinking we are gonna see Williams emerge as our number one, I already added him to my fantasy line up . I would have liked to see a little more Leon Washington though.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-14-2010, 5:16 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=polarbill;1632575]The Cowboys are in real trouble this year unless they get all their OL back. They are an absolute joke. Nice play call at the end of the half. That kind of thing is why the cowboys suck balls. There was absolutely nothing to gain from throwing the ball and then to dink it to a running back was beyond dumb. I believe 3 people share the blame on that one. The idiot coach for calling a pass play, the idiot QB for throwing it to the rb when he got flushed instead of downing the ball and the idiot RB for trying to make something out of nothing.

thats 3 IDIOTS making 10 times the money you do. whats that make you? 10 times more of an idiot, or 10000000 times less talented and jealous as hell . my guess is both . i don't think you could have done better.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-14-2010, 5:28 AM Reply   
There are a LOT of idiots that make more money than I do.

Oh and how bout them Chiefs! What a great game!

Last edited by wakereviews; 09-14-2010 at 5:34 AM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-14-2010, 5:33 AM Reply   
but are they 10000000 times more talented than you?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-14-2010, 5:41 AM Reply   
Wonder how much the cast of Jersey Shore makes, they probably make more than I do and without a doubt they are 10000000 times more talented and 10 times less of an idiot than I am.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-14-2010, 5:57 AM Reply   
C-H-I-E-F-S! Wow what a game! Contrary to what analysts and SD says, they are easily beatable without Vincent Jackson
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-14-2010, 3:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wonder how much the cast of Jersey Shore makes, they probably make more than I do and without a doubt they are 10000000 times more talented and 10 times less of an idiot than I am.
Yeah the Situation is suppose to make about 5 million this year...he's so talented!?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-14-2010, 3:08 PM Reply   
Oh and by the way, I think Bret was pretty well validated by number 71.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-17-2010, 7:00 AM Reply   
Well it's Friday, time for predictions...

I'm picking my Hawks by seven over Denver for our first road win this year.

Cards win against Atlanta

Rams lose against Oakland

Oh boy... too bad for the Niners this week. They might as well forfeit this game.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-17-2010, 7:25 AM Reply   
^Cards will NOT beat Atlanta.

Titans will topple the Steelers.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-17-2010, 11:58 AM Reply   
headed to the Bronco/Hawks game this weekend. I'll be the loud Steve Largent in the nose bleed section yelling Sea....Hawks....Sea....Hawks!!!
Can't wait to whip some ponies!!
BTW:
It's going to be a rough weekend for the NFC West, when the Hawks game is the most winable...
Old     (athleticmale)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-17-2010, 8:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
headed to the Bronco/Hawks game this weekend. I'll be the loud Steve Largent in the nose bleed section yelling Sea....Hawks....Sea....Hawks!!!
Can't wait to whip some ponies!!
BTW:
It's going to be a rough weekend for the NFC West, when the Hawks game is the most winable...
#80, class act all the way. To bad there are not a few like him playing now.
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-18-2010, 2:11 PM Reply   
The Cowboys better get it together against Da Bears this week since 0-2 is not cool for any team. If only the outcome is based on potential. On a side note, I'm definitely looking forward to Manning bowl 2. I hope Indy bounces back and smashes the Giants big time. I'm not hoping injury on anyone but it would be sweet to see a division rival qb get decleated right about now.

Cliff- My fantasy qb's both spiraled down the toilet last week so I had to pick up your boy Hasselbeck. For the first time ever I will be hoping he has a great performance!
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-19-2010, 12:56 PM Reply   
How about them Dolphins this week? Takin down those Vikings... Ponder, still believing your prediction of pats taking the AFC East?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-19-2010, 1:21 PM Reply   
The Mighty Cowgirls, 0-2.
Vikings, please give up on Favre, 0-2.

"Cards win against Atlanta"
Good call on that one (41-7)

My Titans need to get their sheet together. 7 turnovers, WTF? Still had a chance to send the game into overtime thanks to a good effort from the D.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-19-2010, 1:24 PM Reply   
Cowboys fans cannot be pleased with how things are going....

I have said it for a long time, Wade Phillips does less with more, than any coach in the NFL.... Now I think Jerry Jones is just too stubborn to admit that he should have made a change years ago... Down with the ship Jerry....down with the ship....
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-19-2010, 1:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Vikings, please give up on Favre, 0-2.
Yea....he was TERRIBLE last year.... I cannot believe that they would want him starting in place of Tarvaris Jackson.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-19-2010, 1:33 PM Reply   
This season is going to be more interesting than I thought.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-19-2010, 6:10 PM Reply   
"Cliff- My fantasy qb's both spiraled down the toilet last week so I had to pick up your boy Hasselbeck. For the first time ever I will be hoping he has a great performance! "

Sorry bout that.

I guess Seattle decided to copy San Frans on the road performance this week. At least it wasn't a conference game and we're lucky everyone else in our division lost. I know... San Fran hasn't played yet, but really... I think we know how that's gonna turn out.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       09-19-2010, 6:31 PM Reply   
How bout them Steelers! 2-0 without Big Ben. Dominating defensive performance today. It is not easy to completely shut
down Chris Johnson! What a difference Polamalu makes on this defense. Two games and two crucial interceptions. Troy is
the man. I was sort of just hoping for a 2-2 record after the 1st 4 games but we are already there. Anything else will just be gravy. Go Steelers!

On a side note, really impressed by the Texans. 1st a huge win against their nemesis the Colts and today picking up a huge come from
behind victory on the road. Matt Schaub is a great QB and he has awesome weapon in Andre Johnson. They are finally winning the games
a playoff caliber team has to win. I know it's early, but so far I like what I see. At least there is one team in Texas that knows how to
play football!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-20-2010, 8:42 AM Reply   
Chiefs 2-0? Who woulda thought?? GO CHIEFS!!!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-20-2010, 9:02 AM Reply   
^Steelers have no offense. The score yesterday should have been 45-11, with the Titans' 7 turnovers. The only TD from the Steelers was special teams. VY and CJ chose to have terrible games on the same day. The straw that broke the camel's back was the CJ TD that was called back due to holding.

E.J., how good has Favre been this year? You need to ease up with your man crush on Favre and look at reality. Favre being wishy washy on his retirement announcement this summer added more distraction. If Favre would have finally made up his mind, the Vikings could have been in a better position to scoop up McNabb or another veteran QB. Vikings with McNabb much better than Vikings with Favre. BF is 3 interceptions (in just 2 games) from his total interceptions (7) in 2009. Instead of doing what Manning, Brady, and other QB's were doing during training camp (working on routes, timing, etc.) Favre took the summer off and shows up just in time for a couple of preseason games. What other franchise is going to allow this? Vikings are too talented (w/o Favre) to look this bad, and I am not a Vikings fan.

Cliff, can you get your picks in a little earlier this week. If I take the opposite of your picks, I should rack up a little cash this year.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-20-2010, 9:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
E.J., how good has Favre been this year? You need to ease up with your man crush on Favre and look at reality. Favre being wishy washy on his retirement announcement this summer added more distraction. If Favre would have finally made up his mind, the Vikings could have been in a better position to scoop up McNabb or another veteran QB. Vikings with McNabb much better than Vikings with Favre. BF is 3 interceptions (in just 2 games) from his total interceptions (7) in 2009. Instead of doing what Manning, Brady, and other QB's were doing during training camp (working on routes, timing, etc.) Favre took the summer off and shows up just in time for a couple of preseason games. What other franchise is going to allow this? Vikings are too talented (w/o Favre) to look this bad, and I am not a Vikings fan.
Man crush..... Because I make a valid argument about a top NFL QB, I have a man crush?

I am looking at reality.... I am sure you were saying this same chit last year with Favre....

In the end, I could not care less if he goes 0-16 with the Vikings....or turns them around this year... I have no interest in the Vikings, other than to watch football....if they win...or they lose, I could give a chit less. Fact is, Favre gives them the best shot to win and he is still a top level QB in the NFL. He proved that on the field last year....over a 16 game season.

If he wants to wait on his decision in the Summer, wait... He has earned that right....if he hadn't, he would not be afforded that opportunity. If the Vikes wanted McNabb over Favre, they should have tried to pick him up... It is not his responsibility to run that organization. He needs to look out for himself, this is the BUSINESS of the NFL....

So are the Vikings talented enough to run it 4 times within the 10 and get a game winning touchdown? All they had to do was average 2.5 yards a rush....right? How about that receiving corps....yea, chalk full of talent.... How about the o-line, specifically the right side....how do you feel about their ability to do their job at a high level?

In the end, I stand by the original argument and welcome a better rebuttal than you gave above... Brett Favre gives the Vikings the best chance to win and that is the EXACT REASON they put up with his off season chit.... If he didn't, he wouldn't be there....
Old     (Meert)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-20-2010, 9:33 AM Reply   
Jeremy really 45-11? The Steelers D was too much for your team. Vy and CJ didn't chose to have terrible games, they were out played and cracked under pressure. Bottom line we beat you with our 4th string qb.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-20-2010, 9:39 AM Reply   
As a side note.... Being that Joe Flacco has 5 int's this year, should the Ravens give up on him....?

Side note II..... You do understand that all Mr. Favres INT's this year have not been directly his fault right? They go in the books and they are his to hold, but he had some help right....??? Or you disagree, he blew those 4 balls....should have held them and taken the sace or throw the ball out of bounds....

Now don't for a second think that I think Favre is who he was at 30.....or the savior of the Vikings.... But if you ask me today(assuming he already knew the playbook, like he does with the Vikes), would I want Brett Favre under center for my beloved Broncos..... The answer would be yes....I'd take him over Orton every game this season.....
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-20-2010, 12:14 PM Reply   
Lot's of season left there buddy.

Quote:
^Steelers have no offense. The score yesterday should have been 45-11, with the Titans' 7 turnovers. The only TD from the Steelers was special teams. VY and CJ chose to have terrible games on the same day. The straw that broke the camel's back was the CJ TD that was called back due to holding.

Cliff, can you get your picks in a little earlier this week. If I take the opposite of your picks, I should rack up a little cash this year.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-20-2010, 8:11 PM Reply   
"The Steelers D was too much for your team. Vy and CJ didn't chose to have terrible games, they were out played and cracked under pressure."

What exactly was the "pressure"? Titans were 7-1 all time against the Steelers in TN, and we all remember what happened last time the Steelers visited Nashville. VY made stupid mistakes and his picks were amateurish. A third string safety could have made the pick Polomalu made in the endzone. The Steelers prevailed in that game, but Indy or SD would have decimated that Steeler D, especially with no Steeler offense.

"Being that Joe Flacco has 5 int's this year, should the Ravens give up on him....?"

Yes, Yes, and Yes.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-21-2010, 5:42 AM Reply   
little mistakes make big differences in games it's still early in the season. like mike straham said his giants lost the first 3 games and gave up over 90 points on defense the year they won the super bowl.look at the game the 49ers gave new orleans last night. a few less seconds and 49ers would have won. oh and they scored 22 points and rushed for over 100 yards.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       09-21-2010, 5:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
"The Steelers D was too much for your team. Vy and CJ didn't chose to have terrible games, they were out played and cracked under pressure."

What exactly was the "pressure"? Titans were 7-1 all time against the Steelers in TN, and we all remember what happened last time the Steelers visited Nashville. VY made stupid mistakes and his picks were amateurish. A third string safety could have made the pick Polomalu made in the endzone. The Steelers prevailed in that game, but Indy or SD would have decimated that Steeler D, especially with no Steeler offense.

"Being that Joe Flacco has 5 int's this year, should the Ravens give up on him....?"

Yes, Yes, and Yes.

Wow, a team with a 4th string QB came in and completely dominated on defense, stopping Chris Johnson's league leading run of 100 yard games and you are making excuses? I am sure the Steelers defensive pressure had nothing to do with any of the poor throws by VY?
And guess what, before the Steelers will have to face Indy or SD, our starting QB will be back.
So much for the offensive problem. And, he will take over a team that will have at worst a 2-2 record.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-21-2010, 6:01 AM Reply   
lets hope ben doesn't get distracted by the cheerleaders.he does have to drive by a high school before practice i hope he's taking a taxi with strict orders not to stop.
Old     (Meert)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-21-2010, 9:23 AM Reply   
Robert I guess you are now bashing the Steelers or hating seeing as the only reason Dallas and Super Bowl are spoke in the same breath is because you are hosting it. Let's hope Tony Romo spends his bye weeks in Mexico again. 1 playoff win in how many years?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-21-2010, 9:53 AM Reply   
not bashing steelers . just no respect for ben . one rape allegation maybe b.s. but when second story comes out people start digging. if no dirt no problem , but they found so much dirt they tried to trade ben but nobody wanted the baggage.show me where i bashed the steelers other than saying i thought the ravens and the bengals would fight for the division. i still think that . is that bashing? i still think the cowboys will win their division.hell i even think the titans are a better team than the steelers,just not last week. like i said mistakes add up and can make a big difference in a game.sounds like you are trying to make up for your own short comings by riding the coat tails of a sucessful team ,that you are hoping are not on a downslide.how many turnovers were in that game that pittsburgh won by one score. if i were you i'd be worried.bens worthless character is well known now and he will have to change his ways to be able to stay in the nfl.i guess you forgot about 27-17 in arizona.that was a better team by far than you have now.have a nice day.
Old     (Meert)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-21-2010, 11:04 AM Reply   
Short comings and coat tails? 6 rings. enough said.
On to Ben, I'm in the same boat as you. I was praying we drafted a qb or even traded for Mcnabb. I bought my wife a Ben Jersey for the Super Bowl 2 years ago (our 6th by the way) and now its in a landfill. I just don't get how he gets so many chances. Did you hear Terry Bradshaw lay into him week 1 befor the Atlanta game? He blasted him. I was really hoping DD would play out of his mind for 4 weeks, but so goes it.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       09-21-2010, 6:31 PM Reply   
Ok

I agree Ben has been an ass recently....so does he. But he was NOT CONVICTED of any crime
in Georgia, or even charged for that matter. And you better believe they went over that case with a fine tooth comb before they decided to not press charges. The bottom line was there was not enough evidence to charge him, including DNA. We will never know what went on there and we can speculate till the end of time, but he was not charged. As far as the hosebag in Nevada, it was reported early on by her co-workers that she freely consented to having sex with him and even bragged that she was going to be Ben's girlfriend. When that didn't happen she cried foul....a year later. Give me a break. The only crimes that he is guilty of so far that I know of is being a dumbass, cocky sports star that has used his fame to attract the wrong people.
I am dissapointed in his behavior but I will give him a chance to prove that he can overcome his mistakes and become a better human being. In the meantime, if solid evidence comes forth that he raped anyone, then I will be the first to wish him the worst punishment he can be given.
I mean if Ray Lewis can be the darling of the NFL after being indicted for the stabbing deaths of two people then what are we talking about here? As far as Bradshaw goes, he used to be one of my idols but he has ran his mouth so much lately that I am getting sick of him. He is coming off to me like a whining I told you so, holier than thou ex-player. I am starting to wonder if he is
looking at Ben's numbers that he has put up in such a short time and is worried that one day he won't be remebered as the best QB ever in Pittsburgh?
Old     (Meert)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-22-2010, 1:04 PM Reply   
Tim, are you saying that Tommy Maddox was not our best QB ever?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-22-2010, 2:38 PM Reply   
do some more research,. they fired one of the police officers who was quote"bens private bodyguard" the other officer was severely reprimanded. the girl in question will have her day in court. just like the girl in nevada. i don't ever remember seeing a report she bragged about anything' if you do your research he had the same problems in college. why would pittsburgh want to trade him if no truth to allegations?art rooney is a stand up guy and didn't want to be associated with the baggage.where do you draw the line for it's okay to look the other way he's a star. right is right and wrong is wrong no matter who you are.tommy maddox was a stand up guy,till he got sacked. LOL
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-22-2010, 7:03 PM Reply   
My guess is that Big Ben will straighten out his persoal life and have a long career in pittsburgh. His reputation will be tarnished but if he keeps his nose clean, he could have a Kobe-like comeback. Anyone watching the pitt/tenn. game knows that the Steeler defense would have stopped any team, they were flying to the ball and hitting like sledge hammers. CJ did not want any more of what they were delivering.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-22-2010, 7:14 PM Reply   
what is talked about now won't even be a distant memory in january.NFL = not for long. change will happen.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-25-2010, 2:28 PM Reply   
Cliff,
no picks?!?! You must be wakeboarding today.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-25-2010, 5:09 PM Reply   
I was at the Sumo track with my son and Jeff Reese.

Hawks win by seven at home. Rivers won't be able to deal with the noise and his game will suffer big time!

Cards beat Raiders

St Louis looses to Redskins

Niners lose their third in a row at KC.

Seattle hangs on to first in our division.
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-25-2010, 5:24 PM Reply   
Cliff
Are we on double or nothing?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-26-2010, 3:09 PM Reply   
I took the bet straight up on FB when you posted it last week. After a 101 yard trip to the house, San Diego is just about toast.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-26-2010, 4:03 PM Reply   
Chiefs!!!!!
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-26-2010, 4:43 PM Reply   
Good game, Hawks tried to give the Chargers a chance. With the rest of the NFC West in shambles the Hawks have a great chance to put something together!!!!