Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Hydrofoiling

Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-30-2003, 4:09 PM Reply   
Anyone used one of these? Seems like a good solution - but it also is a lot of weight to hang off one side of the tower. Any preferences for manufacturers?
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-30-2003, 8:00 PM Reply   
Well I would like to get one sometime but getting it up in the rack seams like it might be hard. For the time being, I have a $.50 solution for v-drives.

Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-30-2003, 9:00 PM Reply   
Airfreak nice base plate and footman brackets.

wiltok here are a couple links to foil racks.
www.mako-ind.com
www.nldesigns.com

Old                05-02-2003, 7:15 AM Reply   
I have the Boss foil racks on my boat. It doesn't affect the tower at all though. However, that SOB is heavy as all get out to hang up there. the only thing i don't like about it is there are no strut mounts or bungees.

B
Old                06-30-2003, 8:00 PM Reply   
I use the Air Boom Rack. It is Quiet and Sturdy at all speeds.
Comes either polished or black powder coated.
check out the shots of it on the boat!
air boom rack
Old                06-30-2003, 8:02 PM Reply   
sorry, here is the other pic of the Air Boom Rack for my Sky Ski
front view
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-30-2003, 8:19 PM Reply   
I thought that the whole boat is a Skyski rack...

afsaf
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-03-2003, 4:48 PM Reply   
Hey Ken,
How does that rack keep the SS up in rough water? Seems like the ski would bounce around a bit. I do the same thing as Sean. Skis are in the way, but their safe, don't hit the docks or other people's boats when we tie up, and we can do Around the Boats & hot pickups all day long without them in the way.
--
Bill - bill@airjunky.com
http://airjunky.com
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-03-2003, 5:05 PM Reply   
Bill, the 3" pvc pipe actually works pretty well. I did think of putting a strap through the pipe to keep the ski in but it doesn't really move very much. The pipe goes past the seat down to the metal mount. I guess being right where the engine weight is helps. Foil does get in the way while wakeboarding. Blocks the view with the mirror some.

It was just ment to be a temporary solution till I got a tower mount but am still usuing it. I have a few other ideas for a simular design which would avoid the problem of lifting up high, but haven't had the time to build a prototype.