Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (tige21i)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-04-2008, 7:18 PM Reply   
Has anyone heard of this Rip Curl power heated wet suit? I was just just messing around and decided to check out Rip Curls site and found this sick suit. Only thing is the suits about 300+ Here's a link to the site. http://www.ripcurl.com/index.php?hbomb#
Old     (nick_scorny)      Join Date: May 2007       11-04-2008, 8:00 PM Reply   
Dope. I'd def. wear that than a dry suit.
Old     (lknevan)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-05-2008, 2:41 AM Reply   
i was looking at ordering it , earlyer this year, its a sick suit no doubt, but i wasnt very keen on it because of the coil positions and how much i flex while riding, didnt want to tear it, it said its very flexable, but you have to keep in mind thats mainly designed for surfing, not wakeboarding...i opted for this years f-bomb... but thats just me,
Old    gotwake123            11-05-2008, 3:30 AM Reply   
Ya I was about do get one but there is only like 15 on the east coast and they are 1500 dollars.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-05-2008, 7:59 AM Reply   
hey evan how do you like that f-bomb? i'm lookin into gettin one of those
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-05-2008, 8:06 AM Reply   
It's a good idea, but $1500, yikes! I just use a thermos jug of hot water.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-05-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
I was in Torquay last year and got to try one on at the RC Shop. It was sweet, but wasn't for sale yet. I need one for the NW surf.
$1100 hmmmmmm.
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-05-2008, 12:13 PM Reply   
For surfing, it makes sense, but for wakeboarding, it's pretty stupid. It's great for when you're surfing and you're sitting in the water for hours at a time, but you're not in the water long enough when you're wakeboarding to warrant the extra heat and certainly not the extra expense. That thing was tested by Rip Curl's surf team in Antarctica; when was the last time you went wakeboarding for several hours in Antarctica?

(Message edited by anthemwake on November 05, 2008)
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-05-2008, 2:58 PM Reply   
^^^ I agree with anthemwake. The suit would be great for surfing, but it would be tough to rationalize dropping that kind of coin to use it for wakeboarding.
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-05-2008, 4:36 PM Reply   
Hahaha! Did anybody else notice the cameraguy that got owned by the monster curl at about 34 seconds into the video?
that made my day right there.