Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-12-2007, 5:12 AM Reply   
My son has ridden the Natty this year and really loves it. He is, however, wanting the Ibex due to some of the reviews he's heard. Just wandering if anyone can compare the two boards' similarities and differences (if any). He is wanting a board that may be a little lighter. He did ride the One and liked it, although he wasn't getting the pop he did on the Natty. Does anyone know if the 2008 Natty will be any lighter. I know the O'brien CT bindings are supposed to be lighter, and he likes the looks of those so far. Any help is appreciated. There is no place to demo boards here and that is a lot of coin to drop. Thanks.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-12-2007, 5:26 AM Reply   
I ride the Ibex and really enjoy it. It is a more agressive board with a fair bit of buck. Its not a death trap like the hyperlite version. The Ibex rides really nice.
But comming from a natural which is more of an easy going board I would highly highly suggest he look at the Ronix Mana.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-12-2007, 6:42 AM Reply   
that natty is super sick. I havent tried the Idex, but I would best that the natural is faster.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-12-2007, 7:13 AM Reply   
I think this has been discussed a few times already
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-12-2007, 7:14 AM Reply   
I like the Natty too
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-12-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
The comparisons between the Natty / the One / and the Ibex are absurd.

I'm not going to claim to know which one is the best, but I will state with confidence that the Ibex and the One are completely different than the Natural in every aspect.

Allen,

Do a search for Mike Porter's review of the Ibex and the One. He did a great job writing in detail how they perform. He ended up keeping the Ibex for his primary ride.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-12-2007, 9:37 AM Reply   
I think that was the conclusion on the last Natty and Ibex comparison
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-12-2007, 9:56 AM Reply   
Although I am an unabashed fanatic about the Natural I quite agree with Cliff.

There is no all around "best board" but there is a "best board" for you at your current level of riding and at the current state of board technology.

Maybe ask around on the find a third be a third thread and see if someone in your area has the right sized Ibex. Offer to give them a pull or pay for gas on their boat so your son can demo the board.

Worst case scenario you could buy an Ibex and if he doesn't like it then sell it as a "used 3 sets" or so Ibex when it starts warming up next year. (that's the best time to sell.) You'll suffer a $50-100 loss but then your son could take the money and maybe buy a new vest or other wakeboard equipment.
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-12-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
Montgomery, maybe you can point me in the direction of the direct comparison between the Ibex and Natty you infer has been done so many times before. I can't find them.

I have read plenty of opinions/reviews on the Ibex. I was really hoping someone has ridden both in order to really compare the two. They can be compared. No one around me has the Ibex to ride. We know all about the awesome Natty. But if you have ridden both, you can compare speed, tracking, pop consistency, weight, smoothness in rough water, and on and on.

Thanks for your responses.