Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    bambamski            06-13-2005, 8:32 AM Reply   
Between rain storms we did the boarding trip south of town on Saturday which passes right by the town of Vulcan. They were having some big Trekkie event. People were dressed up in all sorts of crazy costumes, as we were driving by we even saw Darth Vader, he crashed the party I guess. On the way home we stopped at the Enterprise and had Spock burgers. I had to take a pic of the boat and the enterprise together.

I figured out my weighting for the boat as well.

Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-13-2005, 11:07 AM Reply   
that RAWX!!!
I like to think that I'm a pretty big dork, but I never really got into the whole Star Trek thing. Funny anyway. Nice boat.
Old    rtm            06-13-2005, 12:30 PM Reply   
Wake looks sick Pat... does the family know that you posted the last picture???

What did you end up going with for your final setup??

NaNoo NaNoo
Old    bambamski            06-13-2005, 2:21 PM Reply   
hahaha

Toe-Side
They don't know I posted the last one. I'm sure Ashton would kill me Being the kool teenager and all. I couldn't believe the amount of people that were there in Vulcan when we drove by! It would have been interesting to see some of the geek fest for sure

I think the set up we'll go with for the next little while will be this.
150 pounds of lead in the bow + 350 pound fat sac
130 pounds of lead in each locker in the back (260 total)
+KGB filled.
What's that around 1400-1500 lbs ballast. The boat still handles really well and gets on plane super fast with that set up as well.

That equals about 400 pounds of lead we have to tow around with about 65% in the back so it shouldn't be too much on the tongue weight of the trailer.

The wake wasn't too big, not to small, just right! Heel side I'm ok with the wake, toe side I'm still gettin used to a bit. I can jump the wake toe side but I'm pretty sketchy, I haven't tried a toe side 180 yet, hopefully this week. Just waiting for the freaken rain to stop!

How's the weather out there? Still kind of rainy as well?

Old    rtm            06-14-2005, 12:52 PM Reply   
weather has been very poor and unpredictable...

spent to much time working on a new slider on the West Side Saturday and missed some nice butter before it turned...

got out for some sets on Sunday Morning, it was overcast, kept boats off the lake...

lake is still cool... 65 on the weekend... realy windy last couple of nights...

Fingers crossed that mother nature get's it together before you arrive

All the best Pat...
Todd