Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-06-2005, 2:04 PM Reply   
Hi, i saw this boat for sale in my area,
can you tell me if it's a good boat and if it can throw a nice wake ?
if yes how i will have to weight it ?
how much is the factory ballast system weighting?
step or rampy wake ?
hard or soft wake ?

And if you can send a pics of the wake if you got one like this ?

and please give me the exact model of this correct craft boat.

thank you.

Oh and i forgot it's for 26000$
FORD GT-40 EFI 320HP
290 hours
Perfect Pass (is it a good model, technology of 1998)
with trailer

Really clean.

(Message edited by radikal on June 06, 2005)
Old     (drewsy)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-06-2005, 2:20 PM Reply   
It's a "AIR NAUTIQUE". I can't tell if it has a "PRO" on the side, some people claim the wake wasn't as good on the pro vs. the regular "AIR". I have a 1999 and really like it. You'll have to add some weight to get the wake adjusted but the stock system is a good place to start. I have added 600#s of lead and 2 locker sacs. $26,000.00 seems about right. Check the NADA
Andrew
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-06-2005, 2:28 PM Reply   
i think if you look on the dash its wrote sport nautique is it possible ??
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-06-2005, 2:29 PM Reply   
andrew can you post picture of your wake and do you have a pro or regular model ?
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-06-2005, 2:33 PM Reply   
That is the regular AIR with the hull of the sport's, SS and SAN. That is a decent price, but not great. Do a search on boattraderonline.com and you'll get a better idea of it's value. That boat will throw a really nice wake. I'm not sure on the specifics of the ballast weight, but you could find that out on boattrader as well. Another good site for Nautique info is planetnautique.com. There are some guys over there that should be able to answer all of your questions.
Old     (drewsy)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-06-2005, 2:50 PM Reply   
There is a "Sport Nautique" sticker on the dash. It is a "air Nautique" Its the sport hull.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-06-2005, 3:49 PM Reply   
some is wrote sport nautique and the hull have 2 colors and this one is wrote air nautique but with sport nautique tags inside, hummm so complicated !! LOL !!
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-06-2005, 3:55 PM Reply   
The sport nautique and air nautique are the same boats. The air comes with tower and ballast where the sport does not, but both boats have the same hull.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-06-2005, 4:09 PM Reply   
In 98 & 99 an "Air Nautique" was just a sport nautique with a tower. This is NOT the same hull as a SAN. The old Super Sport Nautiques have the same hull as a current SAN. I know that the '97 Sport/Air was popular with wakeboarders, but CC changed the '98 version to accomodate skiers which made the wake too mellow. I do not know if the '99 Sport/Air is the same as the the '98 or if they changed it back.
Old    tige_kid            06-06-2005, 5:12 PM Reply   
Im only a kid but $26,000 for a 1998. We have an 01 Tige 21v (both different boats) that we bought last year for 28,000. We bought the boat with 50 hours and have now put 225 on it. We have had one problem with it (the tower broke), but I guess it was a screw up on some of the 01 tiges towers, so we sent it back to the maker and they fixed it free of charge.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-06-2005, 8:54 PM Reply   
maybe the guy put the tower in oprtion and the ballast system, like the limited edition you can upgrade to be near a Team edition but without the name ???

And you tell that the 97 Sport/Air is a better wakeboarding boat than the 98 Sport/Air nautique ?
Old    ag4ever            06-07-2005, 9:22 AM Reply   
I thought the sport and super sport of that era had the same hull, only engine placement was different between the two.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-07-2005, 9:53 AM Reply   
NADA is only around 22K
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-07-2005, 7:16 PM Reply   
Robert,

The Sport hull became a little different in either '97 or '98 (not sure which). Some people claim the wake got worse. Some claim it's the same. Either way, there was a slight change. If you look in the pictures above, you can see a small step around the middle of the hull. That's just one little bit of evidence that the hull changed.

It's still more like the hull of a Super Air or Super Sport than any boat from any other company though so I'm sure the wake is pretty similar.