Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (woz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-09-2009, 6:05 PM Reply   
Answer vs. zeus
whats better, whats the difference, or should i just stick with a pair of open-toe factions?
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-09-2009, 6:14 PM Reply   
Answers will be pretty similar to factions in terms of stiffness. I think the Factions might be a little softer. Zeus's are stiffer than the Answers w/ a higher wrap. All three are good bindings, if you like softer and want to go closed toe grab the answers and if you want stiffer go with the zeus's. Answers will be better for pokin' grabs and such, zeus's offer a bit more support. They aren't really that different. For 09 the Zeus's have a hook instead of the top hole too so you can wear them laced all the way up like the 08 zeus's or just tightened as high as the answers. Pretty cool, I thought.
Old     (tl_hereford)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-09-2009, 6:15 PM Reply   
I bought Zues w my new set up and I like them. They hold really tight and I don't come out of them on falls which is good or bad. I like the feeling of being secure in my board but could do without some of the tugs I get on hard falls. I would recommend them I just depends on your pref.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-09-2009, 6:28 PM Reply   
They are very similar. The Zeus has the higher wrap and the option for the higher lace loop. Both are about as comfortable as you can get. I'd suggest you make sure you size em right, too big and you may slide. If you are borderline on size get the smaller, the material is very soft. My toes touch the end all the time and I've never had an issue, my foot is locked down.
Old     (woz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-09-2009, 6:31 PM Reply   
is there any difference with the closed and open toe, or is it just style?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-09-2009, 6:35 PM Reply   
I have closed toe 08 answers. I modified them removing the two sets of laces and replaced them with a single longer and thicker lace. Works great, I love them.
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-09-2009, 7:11 PM Reply   
If you can demo them both. It's probably mainly just personal preference
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-10-2009, 6:34 AM Reply   
I had the same question about 3 months ago and I think had a thread going about it too. I ended up with the 08 Zeus' and found them at a steal. It was on boarders best buy for 179.00. I have yet to ride them but they seem tight but very supportive and comfortable. Just got an 08 absolute too so perfect setup...I hope..I had worries with sizing since I bought them online. My foot is about 11.25 inches measured and I got the larges. I have maybe 3/4 of an inch wiggle room but it is not pressing or hurting. Their sizes run pretty true to the indicated size. Good luck with whichever you get!
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       02-10-2009, 7:37 AM Reply   
I was not a fan of the 08 Zeus but absolutely loved the Answers. The 09 Zeus have taken the best parts of the Answers and incorporated them into the Zeus to give the most supportive binding on the market the comfort it was missing. The desire some riders have to have a very stiff high laced boot is still achieved with the tongue stiffener and the optional top eyelets. For those that want a little more flexibility the tongue stiffener can be removed and don't use the top eyelet and your prayers are answered. I absolutely love the 09 Zeus, but there will be those that just don't feel right in them and the Answers will give you that comfy feeling you are missing.
I think either way you go you will be happy but as said above you should try and get a ride in on each to determine which you like better. I loved the 08 Zeus standing on shore in one boot but did not like them once I rode them.
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-10-2009, 7:47 AM Reply   
I've ridden all 3 and the Factions were by far the least stiff with the least amount of support. I thought I wanted a binding like that until I rode them. I felt like my legs could wobble around when I would land because of the very low wrap.

I've got the 08 Answers, after coming from the 07 Zues and I'm liking the Answers (although I've only ridden them 3 times I think) Not too tight, but offer a good enough amount of support without being restricting. They are both great bindings, so you can't go wrong either way
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-10-2009, 11:24 AM Reply   
You could re-lace the top part of the 08 zues so they aren't as high by not lacing the top rings.

Heavy, I can't stand my toes being smashed. How often does your toes touch the front of the bindings?

(Message edited by dabell on February 10, 2009)
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-10-2009, 5:00 PM Reply   
I have some 08 answers for sale for cheap, email at gunnerfan1993@hotmail.com if you're interested.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-10-2009, 5:10 PM Reply   
TigeBell, I have size 8 foot and rock the Small Answers. My feet are kinda always up against the ends but I've never smashed them. The CWB's are very different than the other companies, the toe piece is incredibly soft and padded all the way to the ends. Year and a half riding with no issues.