Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-22-2004, 9:58 AM Reply   
dust off your boats and boards. water temp is back up to 44 degrees. it won't be long now. So who is riding next. i am going through withdrawls.
Old    banks            02-22-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
what is Sammamish?
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-22-2004, 10:43 AM Reply   
www.lksamm.com my home lake. in washington.
Old     (hobag)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-22-2004, 11:21 AM Reply   
It is about that time, I'm here too waiting for someone to put their boat in the water over in kirkland
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-22-2004, 12:59 PM Reply   
Mike, haven't you been riding all winter long?
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-22-2004, 1:03 PM Reply   
yeah, i'm just trying to rally the troops.
Old     (autotunner69)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-22-2004, 1:44 PM Reply   
Mike-
I am going to try to get over that way sometime this summer. your crib in your profile looks sweet!, I would be great to meet other wakeworlders'. The water here in Wenatchee is still a bit chilly but like today it's about 45-50 degs. so water is quite a bit colder yet. anyways. later!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-22-2004, 9:44 PM Reply   
can't wait to get back to seattle for the summer and start wakeboarding again.
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       02-23-2004, 9:26 AM Reply   
Mike,
Shhhh. What are you thinking…. Let’s try and keep em away a bit longer. The water is 32 degrees. It’s always windy and it never stops raining in Seattle.

Looks like this weekend would have been good with all the sunshine…but I had to go play in the snow at Baker.

Vegas trip is this weekend…. you might have to wait another week to get a pull. We will definitely be out the following weekend though. Nice to see that the dock is not under water.

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-23-2004, 10:03 AM Reply   
People die in Sammamish all the time. I would never ride that lake, it's just plain dangerous.
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       02-23-2004, 10:14 AM Reply   
Yeah... I seem to recall a story about the local bass fisherman shooting shotguns at any and all wakeboarders to protect their fishing holes.

Think I even read something about nuclear waste or some form of toxic waste contamination levels being on the top 10 superfund clean up sites.

I definitely would find another place to ride.

Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-23-2004, 4:00 PM Reply   
Dude, nobody rides Sammamish any more.......
Old     (hobag)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-23-2004, 4:40 PM Reply   
Man if you ask me, none of the public lakes on the west side of the mountains in washington can be ridden from June to September if the sun is out, Frickin mad house. I'm sure people everywhere have to deal with that though. Where does most of the washington crew ride? I've been out of the loop for a few years, just getting back into things
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-23-2004, 4:52 PM Reply   
Most of us just watch videos.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-23-2004, 6:57 PM Reply   
I love it! you guys are nutty! I must have seen at least 20 trees floating in the lake and those sand bars are getting really bad.
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-23-2004, 7:19 PM Reply   
Mike, don't forget to mention the monsters under your dock that pounce on unsuspecting boarders and pull them back into the water with them. I can attest it happened to me one night on Sammamish.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-23-2004, 8:25 PM Reply   
Lol, Oh yeah, the infamous squid that lives under Mikes dock. I remember it yanked you into the water unexpectedly and tried to swallow you whole!!!!

That or you were just way too pickled to differentiate between the water and the dock. I also seem to remember you and Porter jumping over furniture in a friendly game of Nerf Horse that night. If you hang out with Porter like that this summer you'll end up in a 12 step program by Christmas....
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-04-2004, 9:09 PM Reply   
OK so I am new to the Sammamish scene. I am moving from Kent(I go out on Meridian and Tapps all of the time) to Sammamish in June- already bought the house- now I need to find others who ride in the sammamish area. Is there a regular group that goes out a certain day? need add-ons? I have a 21VTige and work from home so my schedule is flexable E-mail me you need a 3rd who can drive and contribute everything including the boat. E mail Address: Sigsbee4@comcast.net

Brent - How does your x-5 pull the Tige over the Cascades? I go to the Columbia quite a bit and have thought about getting that rig instead of the f 150 I have now.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-04-2004, 9:52 PM Reply   
I can honestly say that the X5 pulls the Tige better than his old 02 Denali. Over both Snoqualmie and Blewitt Pass at an average speed, up hill, 80 mph. I still find it amazing that the smaller SUV has that much towing power. The Denali would always bog down and downshift pulling up hill. The X5 eats hills while in tow! No Lie!
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-04-2004, 9:58 PM Reply   
looks cool too.
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-04-2004, 10:07 PM Reply   
No one goes out on Sammamish because it is always rough. We all have real jobs that are 100% unflexible and can only go out on the weekends. And we don't ride in Tige's....they suck...just read the other thread to figure that out. Just kidding!

We can all hook up. There is the super early morning crazies like Cliff and Jeff. By the time Solo and I show up in the later mornings during the week, they are just getting off the water. Then you have the afternoon crew with Mike and some guys, then the evening crew with Porter and others. Take your pick!

The X5 pulls great as Steve mentioned. I like it because I can take it up in the pass for boarding, can pull the boat, and then drive it around like a sports car. It really is 2 cars in 1. Definitely a 180 degree difference over an F150. Just depends on what you are looking for. Go test drive one, they are pretty impressive.

What kind of implant sales?
Old    maverick_gear            03-05-2004, 12:59 AM Reply   
Hey everyone now that im not in the hospital im back i must say i you guys are hilarious. i have to say is that lake sammamish sucks is full of sunken forests and noone should ever ride there!!!! also it has caymens that like to chomp peoples weiners off. so never come from anywhere else and ride there!!

Brent i would like to apologize for talkin crap about your tige i was just flamed at something that happened between them and my cousins last summer, i was just venting i hope i didn't piss you off too much. about that or anything else for that matter sometimes i get a little carried away.
I would like to Add that the Enzo is near Completion and her maiden voyage would be great if it included all you guys. everyone is welcome to come and ride and make fun of the Trojan condom symbol on the side of my boat!!
ENZO
ENZO2
enzo3

(Message edited by maverick_gear on March 05, 2004)
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-05-2004, 10:03 AM Reply   
Brent, I guess I need to update my profile. I used to sell Synthetic tissue for Soft tissue repair and also Radio active seeds to treat cancer- fun stuff but I was traveling way too much and the leadership in the organization was weak. Now I sell MRI's equipment they cost a million dollars and the commission is great. Less travel, so more boat time! What do you guys do that allows you to get out on the water so much?
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-05-2004, 1:56 PM Reply   
Mav, no worries. I am sure we will meet up on the lake this summer. Nice boat!

Will, we are all pretty much unemployed when it comes to summer time.

Check our profiles. Some are self employed, some work from home, some are independent agents, some just play hooky. One of the guys that goes out with us lives right off of Sammamish and is in big equipment medical sales as well.