Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (marshk344)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-10-2011, 2:54 PM Reply   
Been a while since I've been on here WWers, but I'm looking for a little help.

A few buddies and I are trying to get away to a beach somewhere for our Spring Break of sorts in late March. Had a condo lined up in Puerto Vallarta, but the Air Force tells us that all of Mexico will likely be a no-go for travel soon, so we're looking for somewhere else we can find a good deal.

Not really looking for anything special or crazy. Pretty much just want to sit on the beach all day, have some drinks, and go out at night without breaking the bank (which incredibly huge). Open to any ideas really. Thanks a lot!
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-10-2011, 3:08 PM Reply   
FloriBamma!
The Redneck Riviera!
The Pan handle.

Also known as Panama City Beach, or Destin, or Ft. Walton Beach. All good, cheap choices with a plethora of hot coeds, reasonable hotels and miles of soft white sand.

texas has some great spots as well but I cant tell you what they are.
Old     (marshk344)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-10-2011, 8:35 PM Reply   
We did the Panama City thing 2 years ago. Grew up in Texas, so been to the hot spots quite a few times. Looking for something reasonable in the Caribbean, thinking about St. Thomas?
Old     (kainishida)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-10-2011, 10:21 PM Reply   
Sorry to get off subject but... I was planning a trip to puerto Vallarta next winter. What is the Air Force saying about travel into Mexico?
Old     (marshk344)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-10-2011, 11:01 PM Reply   
From what we've been told, if you send up your trip itinerary, and at any point leading up to the trip things go south in the state you're travelling to or the powers that be decide that your trip may involve to much risk, then they can basically say that you aren't going. Some guys in my squadron had a trip to had a trip to Ixtapa for this spring shot down already. Consensus is that it's easier to just not bother with Mexico at all...
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-11-2011, 10:15 AM Reply   
Kai, I wouldnt' worry about visiting tourist destiantions in Mexico. It's very unlikely the United states would ever ban travel to these destinations or into Mexico in general. There are way to many political/economic implications. Now, being in the military ( I'm assuming MarshallK is) they may have restrictions put on them. this would make more sense to me. FYI, any civilian can still book travel to Ixtapa.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-11-2011, 10:18 AM Reply   
Go to Thiland. Best beaches in the world. The flights long about 800 buscks but you will hardly spend any money on stay and food.
Old     (kainishida)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-11-2011, 11:57 AM Reply   
Thanks for the heads up. I'll definately keep an eye on the what's happening in the areas.
Old     (marshk344)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-11-2011, 3:00 PM Reply   
Kai, Adam's right. Should have clarified, but that's just military restrictions. Otherwise, I wouldn't hesitate at all about visiting the usual Mexico destinations.
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       01-11-2011, 3:05 PM Reply   
Check out the Riu Santa Fe in cabo! You can get an all inclusive package for about $600-$800 for the week. Cabo's best bang for the buck!!!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       01-11-2011, 3:27 PM Reply   
Los Angeles/San Diego
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       09-08-2011, 9:45 PM Reply   
Costa Rica isn't too expensive. Great beaches, great surf, nightlife, latinas....