Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old    j_c            08-13-2006, 7:17 PM Reply   
I recently sold my 20' open bow deep V I/O. The only boat I've owned. We wanted a bigger boat to accommodate 10-12 people -adults & kids (10 yrs old +/-). We enjoy skiing and wakeboarding and the kids want to tube and are considering a ski boat- v drive. Basically, we are looking for a family boat that allows to do the recreational stuff with reasonable performance. We are looking at a 2003 MC X-30. We are also considering the Air Nautique 226, although we haven't located a used one yet. We also use our boat about a week a year at Lk Powell, so it needs to be reasonably solid in rough water. I would like input on your thoughts of the X-30 vs the 226 in meeting our needs. If no thoughts on these models--how about just quality of construction and performance of MC and CC.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-13-2006, 8:03 PM Reply   
I am also making the move from a 21' Jet to a Wakeboarding boat. I am going to buy new and did demo the X-30 as well as the Tige 24 Ve, Malibu 23 LSV and the Tige RZ2. I didn't look at the CC so I have no knowledge of them. Before I give my $.02 let me say you will need to get in some boats and give them a try. Many times the new models are the same as the 2003 so you can go demo to see how that model rides.

As for the X-30. The mastercrafts have great fit and finish are very well constructed boats. I didn't like how the X-30 handled and I thought the hull had more slap then any of the other boats. It also had a very hard left hand pull that needs to be corrected (tracking fins or hydrolic steering might help). The interior is sweet. The 2003 is different than the 2005.5 to 2007 and I am not sure if the bottom of the hull is different.

As for the other boats I really like the Malibu, but the ride and new design of the Tige RZ2 blew me away. I demo the Tige 24 Ve and really like how it handled and how well it was in rough water. I couldn't stand the 24 Ve interior. I was ready to buy the Malibu and then the RZ2 came out. The interior and exterior were redone on the same wetting surface of the 24 Ve. The ride remained the same but the overall boat was much, much better. Needless to say I am going to get the Tige. If your main concern is rough water then check out the Tige. There is a tread here about the best boats in the rough stuff. Good luck and have fun checking out the boats.

(Message edited by oaf on August 13, 2006)
Old    chocobeat            08-13-2006, 8:06 PM Reply   
My buddy just got a LOADED Moomba XLV with 11 hours for 40k... that includes ballast, 4 tower speakers, sub, amps, everything....
Old    chocobeat            08-13-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
and the xlv seats 16
Old    j_c            08-13-2006, 9:03 PM Reply   
Coach-
We were really looking to avoid new, but you never know. What price range is the RZ2 running?
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-13-2006, 9:38 PM Reply   
The way my dealer is setting it up (fully loaded) is $62900. There are many good deals on some boats that are 1 or 2 years old. Check out the classified here on the boards and also check out the boat trader. New might not be the way you want to go, but don't let the dealer know just go demo some of the boats and buy one used fully loaded with low hours for less money. Here is a Tige 22 Ve for $50K
http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2446

The main thing is to find out what your budget is and go from there. The Moomba is a nice boat for the money and the Supra is the upgraded version as well. A nice Malibu or Mastercraft or CC that is a few years old and well taken care of can be a great deal
Old    discolafinger            08-13-2006, 11:29 PM Reply   
Upload
Old    discolafinger            08-13-2006, 11:53 PM Reply   
i need to sale my 06 24SSV GRAVITY GAMES so, you can see a good pick of it on my profile, so let me know if you hear anything thanksUpload
Old    discolafinger            08-13-2006, 11:53 PM Reply   
i need to sale my 06 24SSV GRAVITY GAMES so, you can see a good pick of it on my profile, so let me know if you hear anything thanks
Old    j_c            08-14-2006, 6:32 AM Reply   
discolafinger,
How many hours, why are you selling, how does it do in rough water, does it have tracking fins, how much?
Old    discolafinger            08-14-2006, 7:02 AM Reply   
as of Aug. 13 it has 68 hrs. I would like to buy a 07, the wife is not to happy, but whatever. this is my first v-drive board boat, I thought it was rough but all the boats you see in the pic above say it is the best,it ride's better in rough than 20, 21,22,,, the track fin's I assume you mine the two fin's 3/4 up the boat, YES ,,, I was thinking $55 that way I am only giveing up my down payment and payment's, you save about 10k, it has all stock app. and 6-8 more let me know if you what more info and I will send it to you. thanks
Old    discolafinger            08-14-2006, 7:08 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old    discolafinger            08-14-2006, 7:10 AM Reply   
the bimini is one of the coolest things on the boat have you seen how they work?
Old    j_c            08-15-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
discolafinger, coach and Zach-
thanks for the input. Our budget is in more the $40K range and willing to stretch to $45K. I'm not seeing any Moombas in the boat trader. The 2003 X-30 we are looking at has only 150 hours, many options and in great shape. They are asking $48,500, but are willing to accept $45K. They still owe $50K on it. They just don't get the use to justify the monthly nut. Based on what I see for other MCs this seems to be a great price. The Mastercraft dealer in our area recently sold a 2003 X-30 for $56K (every option & only 40 hours), so it looks like they hold their value well.
Old    buttskimmer            08-15-2006, 9:30 AM Reply   
We have 3 new 2006 Moomba LSV's in stock that I am sure I can get you out the door under 45K.
All the boats have the 325HP MPI upgrade, PP , Wakeplate, bimini and mooring covers along with the Grav III ballast system. Green, Blue , Black your choice.
Pm me for number - we have Supras at simular savings - close out the 06 models.
Old    septicwaters            08-15-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
Where do you live Joe?
Old    j_c            08-15-2006, 11:17 AM Reply   
Tucson, AZ. Phoenix is just up the road.